“Ignore the negative comments and go!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 36 things to do in Port Aransas
9 attraction reviews
“Ignore the negative comments and go!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

If you want to see an unhabited island and hike around the the $12 price is worth it. Yes you do see where all your plastics end up and it is an eye-opener but you hike past the trash. At the deserted boat, walk up the inlet and you can see across the island. Look for shells and take some water, a sack lunch, and enjoy this island.

Edinburg, Texas
6 attraction reviews
“Wonderful opportunity to see wildlife.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

Liked the boat. Did not like the weather the day we took the boat ride, but we were still comfortable on the boat.

Visited February 2012
AUSTIN
35 attraction reviews
“Whooping Crane Tour Boat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

A four houir tour of the Whooping Crane estuaries. Saw lots of seabirds; a great narrattion along the way by a knowledgeable captain. The tour lkeaves from Rockport, but once a week also from Port Aransas.

Visited January 2012
Arlington, Texas
“Dead Cow Island would be a better name than St. Jo's Island”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

I went with some friends to the island, and from the description I read, it sounded beautiful. When we got there, it was anything but. The place was horrific. We even saw a dead, decaying, headless cow, floating in the water, trapped by the rocks. It was only a few yards from where people were fishing, I might add. It turns out the place is owned by one of the Bass brothers and no one takes care of it. It is covered in garbage, and you can't even leave the concrete walkway without risking your safety. We were stuck there for two hours waiting for the boat to come back. I should have never gotten off the boat because once we pulled up to the dock I could smell the decay, but I was trying to be optimistic. This experience made me far less eager to return to Port Aransas. Everyone I asked gave us sketchy information and just acted weird when I asked about the island. I should have take the hint although it was subtle. I would have appreciated if someone had just told us the truth about how dreadful it really is.

Visited June 2011
San Antonio, Texas
5 attraction reviews
“Husband enjoys using this boat/place.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

Can be pricey. We like to see the boats come in and put up their fish on the rack. Great place to see and take pics of the caught fish.

Visited August 2011