“Interesting place...and on the beach!” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #38 of 72 restaurants in Port Aransas
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Burnet
“Interesting place...and on the beach!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We would have never eaten here if not for three things.
1. It was just a block from the house we rented.
2. It was on the beach.
3. It was open late.
That said, we enjoyed eating here and they were accomadating. Yes they are short staffed, but they handle it very well. We ate here two nights in swimsuits at 9:00 after playing in the surf and sand. No, we did not have to go get dressed up.They have patio seating so you can continue to enjoy the views. They are not upscale, but what they do have is good. My daughter is vegetarian and they fixed her a large salad instead of just a dinner salad. We had a delicious blacken salmon burger and their special was blackened drum on a poor boy...Tasty. Good coleslaw! The hamburger were huge and looked good, but we did not try them. They had omelets for breakfast that were quite good. It is more of a bar than restaurant, but they welcome family's too and you do not feel out of place.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

62% Recommend
Port Aransas, Texas
“got good service and food was good too”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Im a manager of a local food joint. I looked hard to find something I could order to eat there and couldnt find something I dont get at my place every day. So I drank Beer.
My buddies ate burgers and enjoyed them but they were very hungry and would have eaten the menu's if they had photos of food on them.
That said I watched them cook and serve the burgers and it was as good as anyplace here in town.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Amazing fried shrimp poorboy with a view!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

We love this casual place. Try to grab a spot on the deck. I had the special, tuna tacos, wonderful and inexpensive. The shrimp poorboy was stuffed with amazing fried oysters. So yummy! The boiled shrimp is heads on, which means totally fresh. The prices are great, service happy, food fresh and view wonderful!! Enjoy!!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kingsland, Texas
“seafood extravaganza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

the seafood combo in a huge bowl had totally fresh everything in it. (wish I realized that 1 order was enough to serve 4 though, we did have to waste some of it, huge portion!!)

Visited May 2013
“Best crab cakes ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Best crab cakes I've ever had! Very fresh! Not a fancy place by any means but relaxing and laid back and great food! Wine and beer bar only!

• Visited April 2013