“Excellent lunch!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Excellent lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I went solo for lunch. The menu was not extensive but there was definitely something for everyone, from salads to fish and beyond. Seeking an alternative to fish, I had a fantastic gyro with both lamb and beef. One meat was crispy, the other softer, which gave a nice contrast of textures. The tzatziki was excellent and the pita hot and fresh. The only problem was the size of the lettuce leaves, which were so large that I removed them from the pita, cut them up, then put them back in. The accompanying side dish was listed as ‘lemon potatoes’; they turned out to be French fries with a lemony flavor dusted with parmesan cheese. I’m usually not a fry eater, but these were irresistible. Portion sizes of both were so ample that I took half home to enjoy later.

For dessert I chose the lemon crème brulee. There was just the right amount of crust on top and the crème texture itself was perfection. Unfortunately, there was barely a hint of citrus flavor that certainly wasn’t identifiable as lemon. However, I ate every bit & scraped the dish.

A small matter to some, but something I especially appreciated was that the delicious iced tea was served in a large, thick real-glass glass which kept the tea cold. Also, it was nice to have a tablecloth and cloth napkins.

Visited January 2013

88% Recommend
Corpus Christi TX
“Excellent...again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Often, a single wonderful trip to a restaurant is all one does... however, my wife and I left the cooler bag we carried our wine in on the first trip, so a return trip was planned.
This trip was at least as good as the first, even though it was just the wife and I. The food on the limited menu was fantastic, the decor was homey but romantic, and the dinner as enjoyable as the first. I'd tell you what we ate, but the menu is changed often (a huge plus for us, since we like to change restaurants just for the change). The service was absolutely the best, attentive but not intrusive. Prices are what I'd expect... And there, hanging on the wall, was my zebra-printed cooler bag... what a pleasant surprise!

Please, if you are planning on coming to this restaurant, make a reservation... I just did for a special treat for Valentines. Also, they have a 'no-kids' policy...please respect that. Your kids might be great, but I left mine at home so you could enjoy your meal... please do the same for me?

Bon apetite!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Omaha, Nebraska
“Good and Healthy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

This is a little gem, recommended to us by a local restaurateur. Very intimate and homey, with nice decor. The menu is a little limited, but everything we tried was tasty and of excellent quality. We started with the homemade hummus, one of our favorite snacks. This was "A" class. We then split the Phoenix chicken sandwich, with carmelized onions, roasted poblano peppers and a special sauce, on foccacia. Excellent! We chose the sweet potato fries and added a side of Asian slaw. Both were top notch, with the latter, with a vinegar base and red pepper flakes, the better to our tastes. They also have lots of Greek and seafood dishes. And desserts looked very tasty, but we managed to defeat that temptation.

Highly recommended.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“October 2012 visit”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I do not know why my previous review is not here, but once again - we attempted to eat at this restaurant in early October 2012. We had 4 adults and 1 five year old child, who had already that week eaten at upscale restaurants every night. We went in the restaurant, there was 2 people leaving, and one table with 4 people. The waitress told us she would have to ask the chef if we could be seated because we had a child. I informed the waitress that if it was a problem with the lack of a children's menu, that she does not eat off a children's menu. She said that was not the problem, that seating children was at the discretion of the chef......... she came back and informed us that they could not accommodate us, perhaps we could come back another night without a child. Really? This child behaves better than many adults I dined next to.

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Corpus Christi, TX
“Fantastic birthday dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Was treated to a special birthday dinner here and the food and service were phenomenal! Atmosphere is casual but food and prices are upscale. Definitely worth the money though. Some of the best food I have put in my mouth! I had the crabcake appetizer, the scallops with asparagus risotto, and lemon creme brulee. It was all great. I understand their menu changes frequently though. It is a very small restaurant and reservations are a must. No liquor license so BYOB and they do not charge a corkage fee. Some of the negative reviews I have read have been in reference to a no kids policy...not sure about that being an actual policy, but I wouldn't even want to take my kids there.This is a nice adults night out kind of place.

• Visited December 2012