We used to go here a lot, and then we got a fifth wheel and have traveled with it. We decided to leave the fifth wheel at home and go to Port Royal. We regretted that decision. It as the end of the summer and most of the units were not up to standard. They should be, right ? Shouldn't a condo you are paying $$$ for be clean ? In the first room the view of the pool was totally blocked with a post. They showed us a couple other rooms. The first one was really filthy--it looked like spring breakers had spilled food all over the floor and stained it. Clearly it hadn't been cleaned. For the price -- for any price-- I wouldn't stay in that room. The floors were stained - it felt really grungy. Everybody wants a nice clean place to stay. To their credit, they showed us a third room which we were able to accept. It was clean. The furniture wasn't very comfortable but it was clean. We hadn't been told the pool was under construction. Frankly, the pool was a big part of the reason we went - to sit around it and enjoy. We wished we had taken our fifth wheel and stayed at Gulf Waters RV. We no longer feel comfortable recommending Port Royal.
- Also Known As:
- Port Royal Ocean Hotel Port Aransas
- Port Royal Ocean Hotel
- Port Royal Ocean Resort And Conference Center
- Port Royal Condos Port Aransas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AN ISLAND VILLAGE... with all the amenities of modern civilization, we are the premier Texas resort for family fun and group events on the Gulf of Mexico. Come visit Port Royal Ocean Resort Condominiums and Conference Center, nestled among the dunes of Mustang Island in Port Aransas, Texas.We think the sea, sun and fun should be part of every memorable business meeting and vacation getaway. Miles of uncrowded beaches, tropical elegance, mild temperatures and majestic wildlife make it possible to beachcomb, frolic and enjoy the Royal Treatment year 'round at Port Royal Ocean Resort Condominiums and Conference Center.You won't find a more luxurious, full-service resort anywhere else on the Texas Gulf Coast...where the sun rises from the sea each morning to greet you with a Royal Welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Port Royal Ocean Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.