We stayed here over a four day weekend as part of a high school band trip. This was my first trip here but our band has stayed here before and I had heard good things about the experience. All in all things went well and we were very happy.
First potential issue was that there was some kind of miscommunication between our group and the travel agent and the hotel, and they had us here Thursday through Sunday instead of Friday through Monday. We found this out the morning we were leaving. We called the hotel from the road and they were immediately able to accomodate the change.
Checkin was really well done considering we had three busses of students and chaperones. They had a staff member board each bus and explain their rules while we made room assignments. They also let our band and orchestra use the ballroom for practice sessions and to store the larger instruments. The staff was really good and helped us with a lot of little things that made the trip much easier for the chaperones.
The condos were nice. We had some one bedroom condos but most of them were two bedroom versions that we put 6 kids in. All of the ones I saw were nice. Our kitchen was stocked with utensils and cookware, full size fridge, and had a dishwasher and a washer and dryer.
As I write this, a part of the pool area was under construction. However, they have two hot tubs, two large pools, a lap pool, and a splash area open. This was plenty of pool space for all of the groups there over the weekend. They have multiple lifeguards on duty at all times the pool is open. They also have multiple grills you can use if you have some charcoal.
The beach are is a short walk. It is very clean with a very wide open and flat sand area.
We had a great weekend and were very pleased with the facility. This trip has turned into an every-other-year event and I can't imagine we won't be back in two years.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AN ISLAND VILLAGE... with all the amenities of modern civilization, we are the premier Texas resort for family fun and group events on the Gulf of Mexico. Come visit Port Royal Ocean Resort Condominiums and Conference Center, nestled among the dunes of Mustang Island in Port Aransas, Texas.We think the sea, sun and fun should be part of every memorable business meeting and vacation getaway. Miles of uncrowded beaches, tropical elegance, mild temperatures and majestic wildlife make it possible to beachcomb, frolic and enjoy the Royal Treatment year 'round at Port Royal Ocean Resort Condominiums and Conference Center.You won't find a more luxurious, full-service resort anywhere else on the Texas Gulf Coast...where the sun rises from the sea each morning to greet you with a Royal Welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Port Royal Ocean Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Port Royal Ocean Resort And Conference Center
- Port Royal Ocean Hotel Port Aransas
- Port Royal Condos Port Aransas