We spent a week at Port Royal for our spring break vacation and had a GREAT time. We had done some research before we arrived, so the construction wasn't a surprise and it didn't bother us at all. The new kids spray park and shallow-depth heated kiddie pool was AWESOME. My 4 year old had a great time playing with other kids at the resort and my 1 year old could sit in the shallow-depth pool (with a grown-up, of course) and enjoy the water too. The beach is just a short board-walk trip across the sand dunes and is clean and beautiful. We spent time at the beach every day -- catching fiddler crabs, boogie boarding, swimming, chasing waves, building sand castles. My kids loved it!
Our individual unit was clean, spacious, and very nice. The carpet could probably be replaced, but that's getting pretty nit-picky. Our appliances worked great and we loved having a full kitchen. Another member of our family had another unit and it was very nice as well. Yes, we could hear some noise from our upstairs neighbors, but it was never enough to bother us. Since we were long-term renters, we only had housekeeping services once per week. The housekeeping staff was friendly and willing to help us with whatever we needed.
General check-in was smooth and staff was friendly. There is a parking monitor out front to make sure that cars on the property are supposed to be there. They were always friendly and it gave us a feeling of increased security on the property. It seemed like we always saw someone cleaning somewhere on the property. Everything was in very nice shape!
When we arrived, the traffic on Port A was horrendous and we found out it was the last day of Texas spring break. The next day, it was a comparative ghost town. We often had the beach, pool, or hot tub to ourselves during our stay. If you're traveling during the Texas spring break, be prepared for more crowds and traffic -- but don't let that stop you! You will still have a good time!
Overall, we had a fantastic family vacation. Don't hesitate to book your reservation here. I can't wait to go back next year and see their big, new improved pool area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AN ISLAND VILLAGE... with all the amenities of modern civilization, we are the premier Texas resort for family fun and group events on the Gulf of Mexico. Come visit Port Royal Ocean Resort Condominiums and Conference Center, nestled among the dunes of Mustang Island in Port Aransas, Texas.We think the sea, sun and fun should be part of every memorable business meeting and vacation getaway. Miles of uncrowded beaches, tropical elegance, mild temperatures and majestic wildlife make it possible to beachcomb, frolic and enjoy the Royal Treatment year 'round at Port Royal Ocean Resort Condominiums and Conference Center.You won't find a more luxurious, full-service resort anywhere else on the Texas Gulf Coast...where the sun rises from the sea each morning to greet you with a Royal Welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Port Royal Ocean Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Port Royal Ocean Hotel Port Aransas
- Port Royal Ocean Resort And Conference Center
- Port Royal Condos Port Aransas