We were excited to be staying in Port A for the first time. It was spring break but I can't say we were bothered by the drunk teenagers.
First know, this is a fishing place, swimming in the ocean is NOT the main attraction. It is very nice that Port Royale has a boardwalk directly attached to the beach, but you aren't right on the beach. We thought there would be lounge chairs on the beach, not so. It is a public beach, you can't take the port Royale towels down to the beach.
Because of the major construction, you have to walk through the parking garage to get to the boardwalk. Kinda gross and not attractive. A big pool was open but too cold to get in. The one open hot tub was super packed, and the heated lap pool was so packed the water was murky. Don't get me wrong, once construction on the pools are complete, they will be awesome. But be aware of what phase they are in.
This isn't a luxury place with luxury rooms. They are sufficient and well priced but don't encourage you to stay in much. And as a side note, the towels are tiny! Again, this might be what you are looking for, just sufficient, but wanted to let you know.
We won't come back, just because it didn't end up being our type of place. That shouldn't discourage you, just ask the right questions about the construction and understand what you are getting.
- Also Known As:
- Port Royal Ocean Hotel Port Aransas
- Port Royal Ocean Hotel
- Port Royal Ocean Resort And Conference Center
- Port Royal Condos Port Aransas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AN ISLAND VILLAGE... with all the amenities of modern civilization, we are the premier Texas resort for family fun and group events on the Gulf of Mexico. Come visit Port Royal Ocean Resort Condominiums and Conference Center, nestled among the dunes of Mustang Island in Port Aransas, Texas.We think the sea, sun and fun should be part of every memorable business meeting and vacation getaway. Miles of uncrowded beaches, tropical elegance, mild temperatures and majestic wildlife make it possible to beachcomb, frolic and enjoy the Royal Treatment year 'round at Port Royal Ocean Resort Condominiums and Conference Center.You won't find a more luxurious, full-service resort anywhere else on the Texas Gulf Coast...where the sun rises from the sea each morning to greet you with a Royal Welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Port Royal Ocean Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.