“Wonderful Free Beach Access” 5 of 5 stars

Port Aransas, TX
Improve this listing
Activities: Swimming, Kayaking
More attraction details
Owner description: Public beach on Port Aransas that is clean, has a lifeguard and has car-free locations.
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
39 attraction reviews
“Wonderful Free Beach Access”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

You can view the ocean from a broad, flat beach that seemingly extends for miles or walk out on a very long jetty built from massive blocks of stone. Brown pelicans, laughing gulls, black skimmers and other birds can be seen from the beach or jetty. And best of all, it's free.

Visited February 2013

Fort Worth, Texas
“Do not rent from Cars and Carts!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Hello everyone, my family and I were in town last week during Spring Break and were shocked at the service provided by this establishment! My sister and her family rented out a 6 passenger cart for $110 and my family rented a 4 passenger cart for $60.50, we both paid in cash (fees are clearly stated under rates and info on their website). My sister wasn't careful when she signed the contract which stated payment for both cars to be $60. The 6-passenger cart also broke down twice so we called and Mike Morris was sent out to rescue us. My sister asked to be reimbursed for the 2 hours the cart was not in use due to the "battery going dead". A few words were exchanged and the owner threatened my entire family with calling the police. The owner didn't agree to review their surveillance cameras or count down their register while we were there. They asked us to email them with all the information so we did as asked. A refund was denied due to the register not being over in cash which is what my sister paid in. So be careful if you decide to rent a cart from them. No wonder they have the largest fleet of carts in Port Aransas.

San Antonio, TX
“Spring break”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We are 40 somethings here for spring break. The beach was packed and the wind was chilly but it didn't matter to us. We always have fun at Port A!!!

Austin, Texas
6 attraction reviews
“Great beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stay at the beach in front of our hotel so we were away from the partyers. Great beach, cleaned every am.

New Berlin, texas
22 attraction reviews
“Spring Break 2013”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We headed down for just a 1 day trip. 3 teens, 1 twenty something, me (middle age Mom) & one very hyper Labrador (9 months old)

The beaches were super clean, everyone was very friendly. NO seaweed or jellyfish in sight! I was worried it might be a little crowded but cars were parked with at least 75 feet between them. Plenty of room to spread out.

We bought our beach pass at the HEB in town before riding the ferry over to the island. It was 12 dollars & it has to be cash. I highly recommend buying some 79 cent gallons jugs of water for rinsing off the sand before you track it into your car.

The water was cool, but the weather was perfect. A lot of families as well as some young kids having a good time. Everyone was having fun but not crazy behavior. Police patrolled very regularly.

I was very glad I took our Labrador along. He had a blast. Lots of other had dogs there also. Just check out the pictures.

btw..the Churchs chicken on this side of the island is gone. If you have a hankering for a bucket of chicken (we always buy some to take to the beach for the day), purchase it at the POPEYES prior to getting on the ferry. Or if your coming from Corpus area, there is a churchs on that side of the island.

There was a port-a-potty available at each beach outlet, but if your up for spending some extra cash, go down to the "mustang beach state park ".....they have showers & nice bathrooms!

All and all, we will be back to this beach! If you found this review helpful, please be sure to click YES!