“Great prices, right down the road from the beach, Clean rooms and great staff!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Port Aransas

Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in Port Aransas
Cocoa Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I was in Port A on Labor Day w/kids all over the place. All motels/hotels/cottages were upping their prices. I checked into The Travelodge at a VERY decent rate..got a king bed on the first floor and had not one complaint (and I am picky, picky about hotel rooms!!)

If you are ever in Port A, check out this motel. It's a stones throw from the beach and there is also a continental breakfast, pool, microwave, fridge, you name it!! Awesome Staff!! Kudo's to Samantha at the front desk!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

Needed a room last min. We looked around & found this one. It was priced WAY too high for 2 adults & 1 child for less than a 12 hr stay.
We walked in the room, & the smell was overwhelmingly horrible, put our stuff down- my daughter went to use the rest room & freaked cause she saw so it was infested with so many little BUGS. At the same time I examined the bed, I was so disgusted to find how many little BUGS I found under the pillows, on the sheets, under the sheets & threw out the bed! We couldnt get out of there fast enough! I went to inform the office we will be leaving because of the room is infested with bugs. When I complained to the front office about all the bugs, she gave a look like she already knew & really didnt care. That lady gave me such a attitude when I told her I want a refund because we are leaving. To make it worse, she tried to tell me she couldnt refund all of our money. After I argued with her, I diid get all of our money refunded. For my records, I asked for a copy of all the reciepts. She then told me they dont give reciepts because its "Traveloges-Policy"! What the H£LL are they trying to pull here? Needless to say, I WILL NEVER VISIT A TRAVELOGE EVER AGAIN! I did a quick look up on bed bugs because I have never seen them & found that our room @ Traveloge WAS INFESTED with BED BUGS... Thats just beyond nasty & for them to rent out rooms knowing there is a bug problem is beyond wrong & down right pathetic! Im sure Im not the first person to complain about this to them & there is no way they can not say they didnt know about the big infestation when all those BUGS acted as if they owned the place.
We did however find a really awesome hotel right down the street for my family WITH NO BUGS OR BED BUG INFESTATIONS!

Room Tip: Dont even bother! Waist of time & money!!!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

These rooms are your regular motel rooms. Be sure to bring your own soap and shampoo, and there is no phonebook in the room. No VCR was a bit difficult with kids but luckily we had a portable one. We stayed here because we didn't want to pay the big condominium fees. Also there was only one chair in the room, we missed the big condos :), but the price was right for summertime. The pool was a bit of a dissapointment because it had too much chlorine in it. However the room was clean and the beds comfortable.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Spring Branch, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

We made the mistake of staying at this Travel Lodge. The ceiling dripped water from condensation half way across the room--even over the bed! The bathroom had the same feature. It was like living in a rain forest--don't make the same mistake--don't stay there!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Bastrop, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

They should rent the rooms by the hour. Reminded me of one of those seeded little hotels that you see in larger cities that prostitutes go to to conduct their business. Nothing else needs to be said.

Doug Scott

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011 via mobile

This place is terrible! Neglected property with filthy rooms and terrible service. The corporate office would not be pleased with this place!

• Stayed July 2011
Giddings, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

Check in was easy and friendly. The rooms were clean and yet, not. They smelled like bleach and the bathrooms were clean but the mattresses were a hundred years old with stains. We had 2 queen beds, and one had a HUGE dip in the center -- not good if you actually want to sleep in it. It needs a serious facelift. The door jams looked a little questionable; typical beachy, musty smell; overall not visually appealing. The free breakfast was cereal and a few muffins. A lot of workers who were staying at the hotel mulled about the place, which was a little intimidating. If the price had been half of what we paid, you could chalk it up to "you get what you pay for" but for $92 a night, you would expect a decent bed. There are better places for the price.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Travelodge Port Aransas? Share your experiences!