“Middle of the road Hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #28 of 39 Hotels in Plano
EAston, Pa
“Middle of the road Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Choose this hotel because of location. It is located in a very convenient area for restaurants and other things in the Plano area. This hotel was middle of the road at best. We reserved a executive king suite. The room was a regular room but it had a mini refrigerator and microwave not the suite I expected. i was a platinum member of their priority club but that did not seem to matter and when I asked for a free room upgrade that was was entitled to I was told it was not available even though most of the time the floor we were on appeared to be empty most of the time. The pool was out of service for most of the time we were there. There was a sign on the front desk saying it would open the next day at noon for three days. when we finally asked the desk clerk she got in touch with maintenance we were told it would open in an hour. A hour and a half later we were called and told the motor was burned out and it would not be open for many days. I felt they did not even check until we complained. Housekeeping was great the room was always cleaned perfectly. The people serving the free breakfast were always very attentive and worked hard at keeping everything filled and fresh. Tiny shampoo bottles were hard to use and only good for one person one time. Had to keep asking for one more for my husband. Not sure if i would stay here again as there are other hotels in the same area. We come to see my family in Murphy every 2 years and this was a new hotel for us. We may go back to Marriott.

Room Tip: Do not pay extra for a King suite unless it has something you cannot get in another room as it is no...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Plano East, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear patriciae37,

Thank you for being a IHG Rewards Club Platinum member and for leaving us a feedback. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. To better assist you on your next stay, please do not hesitate to approach the manager on duty.

Karen G.
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Would not stay here again. The room was not very clean. The vending machine and ice machine were broke. Stayed there 1 night on 6-12-13 and never again. Said they had Semi tractor trailer parking and yes I parked there but they really don't have semi parking. . The elevator shakes scaring the crap out of you. Not anywhere around the hotel to eat within walking distance. Got woke up at 10:30pm to say they needed my CLC number which was faxed to them at 2:30pm from my companies headqurters before I ever arrived.The girl at check in said she had everything they needed when I checked.. But I guess night shift doesn't talk to day shift or read whats in their computers.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Plano East, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear Landen66,

Thank you for your recent stay with us. It is comments such as your that allows us to focus on those areas of service and quality that may require attention. My sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused by the hotel amenities, housekeeping service and facilities received. Rest assure your comments are valued and aid in the improvement of our services and amenities.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience. We hope to serve you soon.

Zelyn N
Hallsville, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

This was the worst hotel EVER! If only I had more than 200 characters. Please be advise that they will accuse you of false things and then charge your card with random charges. Management is the worst and no one is ever at the front desk. Room had jetted tub and when filled with water hair from the filter surfaced to the top of the water. It was SO gross! There are other places to stay this hotel gets bad reviews for a reason.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Plano East, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear rhaider,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Plano East. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Regards,

Brenda J.
eMedia Coordinator
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I chose this hotel based on the reviews I read. The room was clean and comfortable. The front desk printed me a map which really saved me the following day as my GPS on my phone got it all wrong. The only drawback I saw was that the breakfast area opens up well after I had to be on the road. Never had a chance to check out the pool or anything like that but my stay was very good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Marisol L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Plano East, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Hi Nchlsbnsn,

I'm glad our staff was able to help you with directions to your destination. We try our best to have our cold items out by 6 am and hot items out by 6:30 am. I hope you get to enjoy our breakfast and pool on your next visit to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Plano.

Toledo, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I've stayed at every Holiday Inn Express around Plano in the last three years and I'm definitely coming back to this one. The location was perfect for me, the hotel was clean, the staff were very nice & friendly! The young lady who checked me in was especially friendly which is always nice after a day of traveling to get somewhere. I had no problems with the internet speed which was a nice change from the previous hotel in Plano that I had been at.
My only request would have actually be for more variety of tea. I really love when I get a choice of herbal tea rather than the standard black tea or caffeinated black tea.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Marisol L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Plano East, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Hi tlm000,

I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We try our best to stay competitive with other hotels in the area. In regards to the tea comment I called our vendor and added two more types (earl gray and green zen) to our selection. We look forward to welcoming you back and hearing your feedback.

Dallas TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The hotel is modern and well decorated. The room was nice and the bed very comfortable. The exercise room had a treadmill, bike, and elliptical, as welll as free weights. The staff was courteous and helpful. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi SandyDallas,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your wonderful feedback. I'm very glad to hear you enjoyed our customer service since we strive for it. We look forward to welcoming you back at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Plano East next time you're in the Dallas Area.

Henryville, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The lobby of this hotel is lovely with an eclectic mix of earh tones and art deco work - not you typical Holiday Inn Express. The check in was easy and the staff reasonable friendly. The elevator location is not close to the lobby something I have rarely seen in a hotel. You go up a short ramp and then past a whole line of rooms to get to the elevator. Perhaps I noticed this more after a recent tendon tear but it was less than ideally placed for me.

The housekeeping staff at least mine did a fine job on the basics but speaking to them or makng a request was nearly impossible. When I tried I found my little housekeep had one english word that she used in repsonse to all comments or questions. "house-eping"

Maintenence was lacking: Teh towel rack oin my room listed doward and obviously had for a long time. The elevator control panel on one side fo the elevator will not response ot a third floor request but thankfully the controls on the other side fo the door do work.

Breakfast was ok but unimaginative with exact same menu 3 or 4 days I was there. All food except the eggs appear to have been prepackaged and served from muffins to what looked like eggo waffles and danish - in short anythng you could ask for as long as taste and quality do not enter into the discusiion.

I was working late on check out day and called to confirm time to chekc out and was assured it was noon - great I thought I will get more work done. Took my first trip out to my car at 11:25 card keys no longer worked in my door. Had to walk back to lobby to get a new card because the old one automatically stop working before check out time. Stupidity like this drive me nuts. It is not rocket science folks.

Spekaing of trying to work the Wifi was down twice in four days - starbucks was not what I had in mind to get work done.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Plano East, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear ttimandjulie,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express & Suites Plano East as your hotel preference. I am delighted that you liked the decor in our lobby. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. It is our regret that our breakfast selection did not live up to your expectations. Also, I am sorry to hear about the maintenance issues as well as the problem with room key card. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Lera P
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Plano East? Share your experiences!