“Quite Happy!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 39 Hotels in Plano
Toledo, Ohio
“Quite Happy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I've stayed at every Holiday Inn Express around Plano in the last three years and I'm definitely coming back to this one. The location was perfect for me, the hotel was clean, the staff were very nice & friendly! The young lady who checked me in was especially friendly which is always nice after a day of traveling to get somewhere. I had no problems with the internet speed which was a nice change from the previous hotel in Plano that I had been at.
My only request would have actually be for more variety of tea. I really love when I get a choice of herbal tea rather than the standard black tea or caffeinated black tea.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Marisol L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Plano East, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Hi tlm000,

I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We try our best to stay competitive with other hotels in the area. In regards to the tea comment I called our vendor and added two more types (earl gray and green zen) to our selection. We look forward to welcoming you back and hearing your feedback.

Best,

Marisol Lozada

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Dallas TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The hotel is modern and well decorated. The room was nice and the bed very comfortable. The exercise room had a treadmill, bike, and elliptical, as welll as free weights. The staff was courteous and helpful. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi SandyDallas,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your wonderful feedback. I'm very glad to hear you enjoyed our customer service since we strive for it. We look forward to welcoming you back at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Plano East next time you're in the Dallas Area.

Best,

Henryville, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The lobby of this hotel is lovely with an eclectic mix of earh tones and art deco work - not you typical Holiday Inn Express. The check in was easy and the staff reasonable friendly. The elevator location is not close to the lobby something I have rarely seen in a hotel. You go up a short ramp and then past a whole line of rooms to get to the elevator. Perhaps I noticed this more after a recent tendon tear but it was less than ideally placed for me.

The housekeeping staff at least mine did a fine job on the basics but speaking to them or makng a request was nearly impossible. When I tried I found my little housekeep had one english word that she used in repsonse to all comments or questions. "house-eping"

Maintenence was lacking: Teh towel rack oin my room listed doward and obviously had for a long time. The elevator control panel on one side fo the elevator will not response ot a third floor request but thankfully the controls on the other side fo the door do work.

Breakfast was ok but unimaginative with exact same menu 3 or 4 days I was there. All food except the eggs appear to have been prepackaged and served from muffins to what looked like eggo waffles and danish - in short anythng you could ask for as long as taste and quality do not enter into the discusiion.

I was working late on check out day and called to confirm time to chekc out and was assured it was noon - great I thought I will get more work done. Took my first trip out to my car at 11:25 card keys no longer worked in my door. Had to walk back to lobby to get a new card because the old one automatically stop working before check out time. Stupidity like this drive me nuts. It is not rocket science folks.

Spekaing of trying to work the Wifi was down twice in four days - starbucks was not what I had in mind to get work done.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Plano East, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear ttimandjulie,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express & Suites Plano East as your hotel preference. I am delighted that you liked the decor in our lobby. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. It is our regret that our breakfast selection did not live up to your expectations. Also, I am sorry to hear about the maintenance issues as well as the problem with room key card. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Lera P
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

When we first arrived their was no water. Once the water was restored we weren't notified. We never had hot water in the shower but we could get hot water from the sink. The room was clean and we were greeted upon arrival. The AC unit in our room never cooled the room, luckily it's December and temperatures are only reaching into the mid 70's.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Plano East, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Sean R,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. We are glad to read you found the room clean. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I am sorry for the problems you experienced in your room, particularly with the hot water and the air conditioning unit. We have taken note of your valuable comments and we will use these to monitor and improve the quality of product and of services we offer to our guests.

Connie D
Bullard
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I would like to take some time to tell you my feelings on the service and staff at this location. I travel extensively and I've never experienced more consistent satisfaction than at this Holiday Inn location. Whatever the method the GM has developed and maintains to maintain and enhance the Hotel's ability to keep and attract repeat guests and new ones also it shows. She's been able maintain the skill set needed to deal with the public always in a professional and prompt manner. I admire that in an organization. I've been staying there frequently and any issue that has occurred has been handled promptly, efficiently and in a professional manner. All the staff greet each guest with a smile. There hasn't been a time, that I've witnessed, where any of the staff has not acted in a professional manner. If they didn't have an answer they've responded "I'm sorry I'll have you an answer shortly". Great customer service. The location outside and inside are alway clean and the employees exhibit pride and pleasure in performing their job. If I had my choice I'd try to replicate this management style in all the Holiday Inn Express locations. From the GM down I say Great Job.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side have better wifi connections and the higher floors have less noise
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Alexa831, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Plano East, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful feedback; we strive for customer service. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the Plano/Dallas Area.

Thanks,

Rogers, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed at this hotel as a sports group this past weekend. Was told we could not depart the 2nd night because the rooms had been blocked. The hotel was old and out of date. No flat screen tv's in rooms. Just old analog TV's. Notice there are no pictures showing the TV's in any of the hotel picture advertisements. Furniture is outdated. Hallways are dingy looking and depressing. Feels like hotel has not been updated since the 80's. Allergies in the room were horrible. Finally figured out why after checking the air fitler. Dust at least 1/4 inch thick on the filter. Once I cleaned it allergies subsided. Breakfast wasn't worth eating. We went elsewhere. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Also, one of the other parties in our group had their toilet overflow in their room as soon as they checked in and went to use the bathroom. Didn't even move them to another room. Had to have maintenance fix it and clean it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Plano East, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Dear Lisa Z,

Irish V.
Huntsville, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

This place was adequate but I don’t want to pay for adequate. When I pay I want at least above average. I don’t think this building was always a HEI. It is very large and has excessive open spaces that need something in them; plants, furniture, something. Even the colors were weird. Everything seemed to be just olive. It was actually kinda eerie. The man at the reception desk was polite but not friendly. The room was clean and comfortable but dated, even had an old tube TV. The breakfast had an awful synthetic taste but it was complimentary so it’s hard to complain too much about that. I’m afraid I won’t stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Plano East? Share your experiences!