“Nice for the price” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 39 Hotels in Plano
Hot Springs, Arkansas
“Nice for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012 via mobile

We recently stayed at the HIE in Plano,Texas. It was an ok stay for the price (79.99) a night. It was also conveniently near some restaurants and convenient stores so anything we needed, I.e. Food, sleepaids, drinks, we could just go and get it. The rooms could use some updating, old box television, cracked bathroom tiles, dated furniture, but I guess thats why the rates were so reasonable. There is a full breakfast every morning before 9:30.... It was pretty decent, lots of variety. All in all I could stay here again if I just needed somewhere to camp over night, but probably not for an extended stay.

• Stayed May 2012
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Plano East, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Hi,

I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay with us for the prices we offer. We try our best to stay competitive with other hotels in the area. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the Dallas/Plano Area.

Thanks,

Marisol Lozada

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Kansas City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

We got into the hotel late after driving all evening. The staff was courteous and got us into our room quickly without a problem. The room was clean and offered a cool view of Plano from the wall of windows. The beds were comfortable but I may have been biased from the long drive. The morning offered decent breakfast some of the food was obviously sitting out too long but other food was delicious. When we went back to the room to pack everything up for our next leg of the journey decided to watch some tv. The television is an old thick 32'' screen that didn't work properly. The remote didn't work at all but flash lights when touched, to change channels manually you have to unplug/plug in the tv to the outlet. It was a pain and took time away from getting things done.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Hello,

I'm sorry we didn't deliver the service you expected. Give us another chance when you're back in the Plano Area.

Carrollton, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

We had a seminar event in one of the conference rooms and also booked a suite and a room for some people coming from out of town to stay. Our event went great! They provided and excellent service, great prices and extra discounts for all the package. We are currently organizing more events and notice that the great service is always there, not just for one day, it is their standard way of providing customer service.

Jorge Aviles

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Alexa831, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Plano East, responded to this review, January 27, 2012
Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express & Suites Plano to host this meeting. We're glad you enjoyed our meeting space and service. We strive to ensure our guests enjoy everything we offer. We look forward to welcoming you back.

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

I booked three hotel rooms at this hotel due to it's proximity to the metro/rail station on UT v. OU weekend -- which I knew would be hectic. I was extremely surprised with the excellent service despite the rush from the UT/OU game and some sort of convention they were having at the hotel. The rooms were impeccable, the breakfast buffet was extensive (much better than I expected) and employees were extremely attentive and polite (even when I called at 3am for extra pillows and blankets). I'm DEFINITELY staying here again when I come back!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Alexa831, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Plano East, responded to this review, October 27, 2011
Hi SHansen,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our proximity to the DART train/bus station, our breakfast and our service. I will gladly share your comments with my staff. We look forward to housing you and your friends on your next visit to the Plano/Dallas Area.

Denton, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

I would never recommend this hotel. I booked 11 rooms for a wedding, but 10 days
before the wedding, the reservation was cancelled due to a credit card not being asked for by them.
A courtesy call from the hotel before cancelling the reservation would have eradicated this awful problem. I assume that as they are now full they really don't care about my dilema.

Room Tip: ALWAYS get a confirmation number and have them take your cc details.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Alexa831, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Plano East, responded to this review, October 26, 2011
Hi Harry,

I'm sorry your group didn't get to experience the great service we offer at our hotel. We do courtesy group blocks for weddings and reservations must be booked before the cut-off date (3 weeks before arrival date) since a special rate is offered to the group. Courtesy group blocks aren't considered reservations unless you book within the cut-off date and receive a confirmation number. We're usually able to extend cut off dates upon availability but we were sold out by the time you contacted us. If any additional questions please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.

TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks this past summer. The staff sets this hotel aside from the rest! They were so nice and friendly and went out of their way for their guests. The hotel room was very clean and the breakfast was awesome. We enjoyed relaxing at the pool and jacuzzi in the evenings.The location was perfect for us since it was within walking distance to the DART train and the rates were reasonable, as well. We had a great experience and I highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Plano/Dallas area!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Hi,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback. I'll make sure I share this comment with the staff since we strive for customer service and to make everyone feel welcome. We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to the Plano/Dallas Area.

Thanks,

Shreveport, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

We had 2 children (3 and 4) and 2 adults. T------city booked us for a smoking room. When I got to the hotel, they said they were booked up and that they would send up an air ionizer and move us the next day . They did neither. There was a silverfish (bug) running around on the wall of the restroom (I guess the welcoming comittee) that I had to kill. Hotel is older and the rooms are smaller. Took the kids to swim and there were no towels at the pool. Had to go to the front desk to get towels. Next day, house cleaning cleaned the room (and did a good job), but only left 2 towels (we had 4 the day before) remember we had 2 kids with us. We were out and did not realize that we didn't have enough towels until later in the evening. I went downstairs and spoke with Nicole at the front desk. She told me they did not have any extra towels and that house keeping had already gone home. She said we could come down in the morning when housecleaning got in and pick up some. I was very disappointed. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Hello,

I'm sorry we didn;t deliver the service you expected. Give us another chance when you're back in the Plano Area.

Marisol

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Plano East? Share your experiences!