“Great for wine and small dishes” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Seattle
“Great for wine and small dishes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We had plane to go elsewhere but when we saw this place we decided to eat at Cru. We opted to order many smaller plates vs a main dish. The lamb lollipops were delicious! Cheese plate was great, the ahi tartar was the only dish that wasn't fabulous. It had a little too much lemon. Everything else we had including the wine was very tasty. Loved the ambiance and the service was also very good. Will def go back if we are ever in Town again.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Marietta, Georgia
“Rare opportunity to compare wines”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Come for the wine, then couple with small plates that support the experience. Choose a flight of 3 wines comparing tastes of similar or dissimilar wines giving you the unique experience of a series of tastings similar to what you would see at winery tastings but many more choices.
Choose dry whites, pinots, sexy reds, or high end cabs. I continue to be amazed by the differences in wines and you can experience this phenomenon quite well at Cru Wine Bar. Food is unique and special in its own right, so its OK to come a bit hungry.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“Fun experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

My husband and I ate here with another couple in June 2013. We had called ahead and while my husband parked the car, I went to get the table. I was immediately sat inside. There is a nice ambiance in the place and the patio outside looked like a great place to relax with a glass of wine (we could have waited for a spot outside but it was going to be a long wait). The server immediately greeted me and provided water while I waited for the other three to find parking and come to the table.

The menu has a variety of items and designed to share small-plate style. Three of us opted to get wine flights, where you pick from pre-selected groupings. We all got different flights so we could sample even more.

For dinner, we selected different items off the menu so we could share. My husband ordered the lamb skewers, I selected a steak and arugula pizza. My friend ordered the Sicilian sausage pizza and her husband got the mussels. My pizza was very good, so much so that I didn't want to give up slices to the others! (I did and everyone agreed that it was tasty.) I tried the lamb and it was good, but I'm just not a fan of lamb. My friend's Sicilian sausage pizza was very good, but it's spicy. Make sure you have some water handy if you get that. We also ordered a bottle of wine for dinner and were quite pleased with the list - there are bottles that are good value and not too expensive on there as well.

We had great service and we enjoyed our experience. We would definitely return and maybe try to snag a patio spot on a nice day.

Visited June 2013
Plano, Texas
“Wine, Pizza, Cheese”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Great place on the weekend. Crowded but very good service and selection of wines and cheeses. A bit pricey, but worth it.

Visited December 2012
Lubbock, Texas
“Wonderful evening!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Sat at the bar all evening with sister and niece for my birthday. Knowledgeable bartender - Chris - was so attentive with service and really knew his wines. Tried many menu items. All were terrific. A very unique, relaxing experience. I will definitely be back.

Visited February 2013