“Suits my needs” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 39 Hotels in Plano
Atlanta, Georgia
“Suits my needs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at the NYLO for one night for business travel. I was pleasantly surprised. In do like the fact that the NYLO has a full restaurant where the ALoft does not. It is very nice to not have to search for a place to eat after a day of travel. I found dinner to be pretty tasty at the restaurant. The furnishings are very modern as can be expected. The bed was fairly comfortable too. The gym was small, but I was able to get a decent workout in as I was the only one in there at 5am. I would definitely go back.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Stayed here a few weeks ago, room has an odd floor plan however the room had a nice bathroom and awesome shower. I would stay here again. Concrete walls will keep any neighboring rooms from disturbing you, I really liked how quiet it was.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Texarkana, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

I stayed at this property for 3 nights and do not base my review on just one instance.

The first problem I had was checking into a room that someone had smoked a cigar in. They placed me in another room and at that point I was looking forward to getting to know the property and staff.

But,,,,,,,

My room key had to refreshed everyday after checkout time, even though I was staying multiply nights. I am in town for medical testing and did not appreciate coming in, going up to my room, only to have to turn around and go back to the front desk and ask for a new key everyday.

Next, the restaurant and bar area are dirty. You can never just walk in and sit down at any table, you have to find one that has been wiped clean from the previous customer.
The bar itself is poorly designed to keep clean. It has a raised piece of clear glass above a stainless metal which is dirty from floor to top. The floors though out the property are polished concrete which look spotless, except for the floor in the restaurant, they have a finish that shows every foreign object. It just looks dirty. Not the best choice for that area.

To top it all off I went down to eat one last time to see if it was any better. This time I was able to walk in, go through the buffet line, seat myself, get my own drinks and eat half my meal before finding a more than foot long hair in my oatmeal. I put into this context because there was never a waitress/waiter in site.

Another guest came in looked over the buffet and wanted to order off the menu but could not find anyone to wait on him, he had to go to the kitchen for help. The cook came out and found the waitress in the back room. The guest ordered a drink from the bar only to find that he would have to wait for her to go to the kitchen and retrieve ice to make his drinks. Pitiful. I was there more than 15 minutes before she ever said a word to me.

First and last stay for me.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Plano at Legacy, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear DWarrick1212

Please accept my most sincere apology for the inconveniences you experienced. While there is never an excuse for poor service, I assure you that your experience is not indicative of the service philosophy we champion here at NYLO. It is extremely disconcerting when we learn of a guest who has had a negative experience during their stay. We work diligently each day to build a service culture responsive to the individual needs and we are addressing the restaurant staff. I hope to welcome you back to NYLO at Legacy so that we have an opportunity to showcase our commitment to providing an unparalleled experience, encompassing the style of service you expect and deserve.
Please feel free to contact me personally at jmassar@nylohotels.com should you wish to speak further regarding this matter.

Joe Massar
Fremont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

I stayed at the NYLO Plano for the first time during a recent business trip. All-in-all, I found it to be reasonable hotel. It was much cheaper than some of the nearby bigger-name brands and the service and rooms were fine. The decor is along the new-age art-deco style so the hotel and rooms were a bit unusual for my taste but there was absolutely nothing wrong with them. WiFi was complementary though breakfast was paid ala carte (no fixed-price breakfast buffet). I would not have hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

We stayed at NYLO Plano for our wedding night. It was a very unique experience!

Alicia arranged chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of champagne for us and the front desk was able to accommodate it. The room is very comfortable and earthy and the shower is awesome. I love the rain forest style of shower head. They also gave us 2 complimentary breakfast and the buffet was great!

Thank you NYLO Plano so much for creating such an unique experience on our wedding night! We will definitely stay there again in the future.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Recently stayed here on a trip for work and the place reminds you of lofts in NYC as one could imagine from the name. The rooms are very spacious for a single traveler. I am sure i was in one of the smaller rooms but i had more then enough room to spread out. I love how the tv was attached to the wall and i could swing the arm all the way around to the other side so i could to watch tv in bed or while i worked at the desk.

The only downside was the gym is very tiny having 2 ellipticals and 2 treadmills. But again as a hotel i cant expect much more, there was a lifetime down the street so maybe in the future if they arrange a partnership to get discounted day memberships i would pay $10 for a day pass to have a full gym 5 minutes down the road.

The bar area was great, lots of room inside and the outside area would have been great if it was not 45 degrees outside. But i will make sure on my next trip to stay at this hotel!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We just got back from our weekend stay at NYLO. I feel like this hotel was designed for me (no joke). It is so modern and juxtaposes sleekness with industrial design, which I love. The decor was art gallery meets hotel. I feel like they do a good job at adding bright colors to the cement walls.

From the beginning the staff was very friendly. I was able to cancel my reservations and rebook with the living social deal I purchased. There was absolutely no hassle in that and I was very pleased. Parking was abundant and free. Check-in was super easy and the room was ready when we arrived. I have been to major hotels and had a two hour wait for the room.

The room was well designed and comfortable. It was bigger than I thought it would be and the space was used really well. The TV was on a swivel arm so you could see it well from the couch or the bed. There was not a tub, but a shower. This is OK for me as I prefer showers anyway. The room was noise free!! I don't know how many times I have been to a hotel and could hear what was going on in the next room. Some people complain about the drab walls, but the concrete walls keep the noise away.

We did not eat at the restaurant, but I got a couple of photos just because.

The location was perfect. We stayed the weekend to go to Edgefest at Toyota Stadium and it was a short drive. Anything you need is nearby. There are plenty of nice restaurants, shopping, a mall, Dave and Busters, and more.

I know this rating sounds super positive, but we really had a great stay and my experience was great. My only negative is that we couldn't stay longer. I am hoping we can return in December to celebrate my birthday and graduation and stay in a suite!

Room Tip: Room 404 is super quiet. It is at the end of the hall near the ice machine and faces the pool.