“Great place just shy of amazing.” 4 of 5 stars

You added NYLO Plano at Legacy to your Saves list
NYLO Plano at Legacy
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8201 Preston Road, Plano, TX 75024   |
Special Rate
Book Early - 10% Savings!
Ranked #11 of 39 Hotels in Plano
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Great place just shy of amazing.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Was really wowed by how trendy this property was! Our "loft" was very cool. I did feel like there were some kinks over the weekend though. I stayed over OU/Texas weekend and the hotel was at 100% capacity along with two weddings. This unfortunately meant limited access to the ultra cool pool and outdoor areas. Also there was no hot water on saturday morning. Beware that the bathrooms can be a little awkward because of their unique design. I also thought the drinks at the bar were WAY overpriced (happy hour was good though.) Overall I had a good time and would recommend this place but just beware that they might have some issues on busy weekends. Patrice at the front desk was very nice!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Corsicana, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We purchased a special stay plan with Groupon to stay three nights. We arrived on a Thursday and stood at an empty reservation counter for quiet some time to check-in. We checked in and there was a sign stating that the pool, one reason we choose NYLO because it is a heated pool, was closed for two events on Saturday. Neat. Thursday night stay was fine. We woke up and we were gone all day. Returned to the hotel after a long day and got to hear screaming children and their parents until 9:15. I called the front desk several times to ask for assistance and no answer. At 3:14 am more people in the hallway yelling and laughing and knocking on all of the doors. Saturday morning woke up to no hot water until 4:45. Saturday night came in at 2:30 am and no one at the front desk, waited several minutes, all I needed was extra towels because no one cleaned our room. Sunday morning more screaming kids, we left. By the way because we booked through groupon no concessions were allowed for us due to the bad service and no hot water.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Plano at Legacy, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
10Shelly,

I am sorry to hear of your frustration. I can tell, as you have indicated, that NYLO Plano did have an issue with the hot water and cold water mixing properly. I can guarantee you that the hotel team has worked tirelessly to fix it, and found the problem and corrections have been made. With that said, it does not improve the poor experience you had and I am truly sorry for your frustrations. I would like to speak to you in regards to your feedback would you please email me your contact information at jmassar@nylohotels.com.

Kindest Regards,
Jenks, OK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I never heard of this type of hotel before. I liked the idea of something different and I did find a great rate online. We asked for the top floor on opposite side of street and this was great. We looked down on their cool pool with a really nice fireplace. We had one problem in that the hotels hot water went out so our first morning had cold showers. Hotel did us right by discounting our stay 50%. It was not a normal thing. The next morning we had plenty of hot water. The rooms really are like lofts....concrete floors but they do have rugs down that warm the place up. I enjoyed our stay and would stay here again. Location was great and service was awesome!

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors on pool side of hotel for quietest rooms.
Houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

If you like cold showers and a stopped up sink, this is the hotel for you! I tried to figure out how to get hot water out of that shower to no avail. You won't be able to figure that out either! Then when I went to brush my teeth, the sink filled up like a bathtub. Personally that does not meet my expectations

• Stayed October 2013
Hi Travelalllthetime,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on TripAdvisor. I am sorry to hear of your frustration. I can tell, as you have indicated, that NYLO Plano did have an issue with the hot water and cold water mixing properly. I can guarantee you that the hotel team has worked tirelessly to fix it, and found the problem and corrections have been made. Although it is no excuse for the poor experience you had and I am truly apologize for the mishaps of your stay. I would like to speak to you in regards to your feedback would you please email me your contact information at jmassar@nylohotels.com.

Kindest Regards,
Springtown, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

i conduct business in plano, and have always chosen to stay in dallas and toi make the drive. dallas simply had better hotels and more things to do.

NYLO has made me reconsider. The hotel is modern, well appointed, staffed by friendly employees who want to please.

My room was of good size. The king bed was terrific....great linens...a great night's sleep.

Wireless internet was lightning speed and easy to get on.

The shower was underwhelming...plastic it seemed and a pretty flimsy shower head...but the amenities were excellent and pretty much made up for it.

The bar was lively. The restaurant (for breakfast) was perfect.

In all, a real discovery in Plano. From now on when i have business in Plano I will stay at NYLO.

Room Tip: the front desk has extra water and extra keurig coffees ....you should stock up at night so you are...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

A great overall experience, and I was excited to have stayed here with my Groupon, but I stayed on the 3rd floor above an event that was going on during my stay and the music was resonating pretty loudly until 10:30-11 pm at night. I considered asking for a room on the other side because I wanted to get to bed fairly early that night, but it stopped before I went downstairs.

The amenities in the actual room were great, albeit a little weathered in some areas including stains on my couch and a bathmat that looked like it had seen better days, but also had a very comfortable king bed to sleep in, with crisp sheets and lots of pillows.

Had it not been for the water leaking in from the ceiling the next morning onto my air-conditioning unit behind my bed, I might have slept soundly through the morning, but it was not fun being woken up at 7 am to the sound of constant dripping and water that splashed onto my face. I woke up and placed a towel on the unit to soak up the water, and by the time I came back from breakfast it was drenched. I might try out another location in Dallas or Irving, but I know I won't be staying in room #350 at this location again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Greetings,

Thank you for choosing NYLO for your most recent stay and for taking the time to share your feedback with us on TripAdvisor. The guest feedback on our NYLO NYTE bedding has been fantastic and I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the amenities during your visit. I would like to sincerely apologize for the noise and the water leak that you experienced, please be assured that our engineering team has been notified about the leak and has been corrected since.

We hope to see you again in the near future!

Stay Unique,
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

quite the unusual hotel for this region, NYLO stands for New York Loft.. the whole building has a lofty feel to it, including the rooms. Quite nice a change from your garden variety hotel in the in the Plano area... te gym is OK, with good machines and it's just as well as the area does not appear to lend itself very well for an outdoor run.. The bar is good with some outdoor seating, overall a very pleasant business hotel..

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to NYLO Plano at Legacy? Share your experiences!