“Good Basic Rooms” 4 of 5 stars

You added NYLO Plano at Legacy to your Saves list
NYLO Plano at Legacy
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8201 Preston Road, Plano, TX 75024   |
Special Rate
Book Early - 10% Savings!
Ranked #11 of 37 hotels in Plano
Clemmons, North Carolina
“Good Basic Rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on business and therefore didn't spend a ton of time in the room. This was a good thing as it could get a bit claustrophobic at times. The rooms are very pretty - modern in nature and simple. Lots of concrete, nice furnishings etc...but the room was very narrow. Like I got up from bed and had to make my way out sideways to get to the rest of the room. Don't forget that in the middle of the night! The bed was ultra comfy and the shower was amazing -best shower ever! The restaurant was also good, I ate there a few nights. Overall it was a good experience, but the feeling that the walls were closing in might keep me away next time.

Room Tip: The fifth floor rooms are quite narrow
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Plano at Legacy, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for the review and your comments regarding your recent visit to NYLO Hotels. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our NYLO NYTE bed and that you were able to dine with us at the LOCL Restaurant!

We look forward to your travels bringing you back to NYLO Plano at Legacy in the near future.

419 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

My teen daughters and I stayed here for a weekend trip to the area. A very modern hotel.
We all loved the waterfall shower head.

The staff was very friendly and attentive. We found a small leak in our bathroom and they fixed it. We did not have the opportunity to dine on property but their seemed to be people who came just for that. The coffee bar was nice and they had travel sized packages of almost everything that someone might have forgotten to pack.

There are plenty of places and choices to eat nearby. There is a mall and the Shops at Legacy close by.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
LBBell,

Thank you for the fantastic feedback! I am happy you and your daughters enjoyed your weekend retreat at NYLO Plano at Legacy. I apologize for the leak that occurred during your stay with us, but I am pleased to hear that we were able to ressolve the issue.

Please touch base when you are ready for another amazing weekend getaway, as I will have my team create a signature NYLO experience for you.

Williamsburg, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Just stayed at the Nylo on my latest trip to Plano. It is conveniently located for business travel as it is right in the heart of the corporate district, and within walking distance to my location. The hotel has a "hip" vibe, with hanging chairs in the lobby, and a loft feel to the rooms. The walls and floors in the rooms are exposed concrete, but are surprisingly warm in the winter. The shower was great, a big rain head with very good water pressure. The bathroom is a little funky, with privacy screens but not a fully private walled area. This was fine for me as I was travelling alone, but may be uncomfortable for some who are travelling with a companion. The bed was very comfortable, but room was on the small side. I had a room that was on the outside of the hotel facing the road, and I could hear traffic noise in the morning. If you can, request a room that looks over the pool - it will be quieter.

The restaurant was also good. I had the scallops and the macaroni and cheese (which was to die for) for dinner, and they had very reasonably priced breakfast options. Service was good at dinner, but slow for breakfast.

The pool area is nice, with an outdoor fireplace. It was too chilly for me to enjoy it during my stay, but it made for a nice atmosphere. The pool is small, but good enough to dip into to cool off.

Overall, I would stay there again.

Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I live in Dallas, but a wedding brought us north of our home by about an hour so I decided at the last minute to find a place for myself and my two small children (ages 10yrs and almost 3yrs) to hang out . My kids thought the place was "AWESOME!!!" and I couldn't have asked for a better experience, SERIOUSLY! I love the simple, yet modern, elegance of the hotel. The gym was perfect for a morning workout, and the pool (although I didn't even read/see anything about it on their website) was simply GORGEOUS looking out the bedroom window with an outdoor fire-pit that lit up the entire pool area! Despite my packing 5 bags for only one night away from home, I managed to leave my cell phone charger behind, but to my excitement the hotel had one available for my use! The staff was SO NICE to us! We loved everything about our stay, and WE WILL DEFINITELY BE BACK!

Room Tip: I didn't do anything and my room was perfect for our needs!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Plano at Legacy, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Jami-
Packing 5 bags for two kids and yourself, sound like you were well prepared. We thank you for your glowing response and it never gets old to hear our guests share what they enjoy about our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Plano.

Piscataway, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights recently on a business/pleasure combined trip. This new style of hotel takes a bit of getting used to if you've never stayed at one before. But the new modern style starts to grow on you. If you're into efficient & effective, and I mean that in a good sense, you'll admire this hotel. The room was clean and quiet. The bed very comfortable. The hotel staff is very accommodating. And the location is great for work, shopping, dining, and nightlife.
And I found it an excellent bargain.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Plano at Legacy, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful feedback. It is always a pleasure to hear positive guest experiences with us at NYLO Hotels.

Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I am currently staying in this hotel.

The hotel claims the room to be a "loft". And it may be. The inside is modeled after a jail with raw concrete floors complemented by raw concrete ceilings blending in with the raw concrete walls - showing off the plumbing of the floor above.

Complaints:
1) No cupboard to hang anything. Small rod next to the front door with a curtain. Open on the side. Reminds me of the trailers in the movies.
2) No mini bar or refrigeration of any form. No microwave (available at $10). Ye shall eat what the kitchen provides. You better like jalapenos in most every dish.
3) No drawers. Your dirty socks & underwear will stare at you until you leave - or put them in the trunk of your car.
4) Expensive. Even with corporate discount it is more expensive than hotels & long stay hotels with normal amenities and larger rooms in a 5 mile radius.
5) Cramped. My room has 2x beds in it. The staff did apologize when I moved in. Now I know why.

Plus points:
1) Staff very friendly and courteous.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Plano at Legacy, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Mr. Keyser-

It was a pleasure being able to speak to you directly regarding your feedback. We welcome our guests comments as we are always looking for ways to improve.
As not all will appreciate the design of the hotel I was glad to hear our staff was courteous. As your business travels bring you back to Plano, I would like to invite you back to the NYLO in hopes you will allow for another opportunity to take in the layout and design. Please contact me personally as I would enjoy being able to assist you.

Kindest Regards,
Roswell, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Great place to stay in Plano area. Close to The Shops at Legacy, Stonebriar Center and all the stores in the Frisco/Plano corridor. We will be returning for a wedding in June of a close family friend. Rooms are clean and quiet. Housekeeping staff accommodated us with additional coffees for morning wake up. Not to forget Happy Hour during the week in the bar area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Plano at Legacy, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for choosing NYLO to host your most recent visit to North Dallas. Also, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and I am pleased to read that your stay was delightful.

We look forward to seeing you again in June and please feel free to contact us directly if we can be of future service.

Stay Unique,
Joe Massar

Been to NYLO Plano at Legacy? Share your experiences!