“A Nice Surprise” 4 of 5 stars

You added NYLO Plano at Legacy to your Saves list
NYLO Plano at Legacy
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8201 Preston Road, Plano, TX 75024   |
Special Rate
Book Early - 10% Savings!
Ranked #12 of 37 hotels in Plano
Oklahoma City
“A Nice Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Nylo in Plano for two nights during the Christmas holidays, and we were both very impressed by the modern/industrial design and decor that makes the Nylo a real standout among the nearby cookie cutter box hotels. We shared a nice-sized and very modern room with a very comfortable king bed, a large bathroom, and a small desk area. There was a coffee pot and a safe in the room, as well as an iPod docking station, so we could listen to our music and not have to worry about digging out our chargers (and possibly forgetting them later on!). Downstairs, we enjoyed the luxurious bar quite a bit. We played pool and really had fun looking through the multitudes of books that line the walls. Yes, I could camp out at that bar for a long, comfy spell with all of those great books around.

Although we didn't bring our pets, we met another customer who had his dogs with him, and he told us that the Nylo is very pet friendly, so the next time we're in Plano visiting family, we'll probably bring our dogs with us and stay at the Nylo again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Plano at Legacy, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
OKCgirl,

Thank you for choosing NYLO to host yours and your husbands visit to North Dallas. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit to the hotel and that you were able to visit LOCL Restaurant and LOCL Bar during your stay with us.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future and please feel free to contact us directly if we can be of any further assistance.

417 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Edmond, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Very nice staff. Room with king bed was so crowded that 2 adults could not walk between bath and bed without inconvenience. Total sf was less than 160 sf, including bathroom. Room and hotel well maintained and clean. Standard business amenities, but coffee maker in room was inop. Over all for 1 night stay, it's a good place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Plano at Legacy, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am happy you had a delightful visit to Plano!

In regards to the space in our Lofts, we do have different accommodations that range between 300-575 square feet for our guests to choose from for when they visit NYLO Plano at Legacy. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience of the coffee maker in your guest room, please be assured that I have followed up with the appropriate team leader to conduct thorough room inspections.

We hope to see you again in the near future, and always feel free to contact me directly if I can ever be of future service.

Best Regards,
Joe Massar, General Manager
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

My stay was a positive one but nonetheless I had mixed emotions about the NYLO Plano. Note that I only stayed for one night and was in fact only at the hotel for 12 hours, with a very late check in and an early departure the next day, so I didn't get to experience the nightlife/fun public areas of the hotel which include a great-looking pool and outdoor bar scene and a restaurant that looked pretty cool as well (I have heard from others that the pool area gets really crowded and is really fun so I was disappointed to miss checking that out...I just walked around it at 5 in the morning before checking out!_. At $90 a night I did think it was a good value and also just a fun experience for anyone interested in design; at the price it goes up against Residence Inns, Homewood Suites, etc., and if you are used to staying at those properties, this makes for a fun departure for a night or two. Rather than a bland big box hotel, it is super modern and quirky. The lobby and public areas are very "designed" and kind of fun though not really my taste. The service (at least what I experienced during my quick trip) was great: super fast check-in and check-out. I wasn't crazy about my room: it was fine, clean enough, but the poured cement floors are a bit cold and the bathroom left a little to be desired and the lighting isn't great (and there is no closed-off closet - just a rod with hangers - which is a pet peeve of mine). The oversized windows and loft style is fun though - I just wouldn't want to stay there for more than a night. The desk area and the lighting isn't an ideal set-up for a business traveller who has to put in some hours during his or her stay...I also wouldn't want to stay there with kids (at least not in the room I was in: the layout just wasn't right). All that being said, the outside/facade of the building is gorgeous with a beautiful brick facade and tall cypress pines - the look was kind of reminiscent of New York's Bowery Hotel. It's right off the highway and across from what seemed to be a gigantic shopping center so I would think the location is good too. I didn't use the gym but I looked at it and it's nice. In conclusion, definitely worth a try depending on the purpose of your stay and if you are remotely interested in design, you will find it interesting no matter your taste!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Plano at Legacy, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Good Day,

Thank you for the detailed feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotel and the amenities during your visit to North Dallas.

In regards to the lighting in our guest rooms, we are looking into adding different lighting accommodations to the desk areas of our Lofts.

Thank you again for your feedback. Please touch base when your travels return you to Plano and hopefully the next trip you will be able to visit The LOFT Restaurant & Lounge.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Wonderful hotel! I thoroughly enjoyed my stay there. Everything about this hotel, from the top quality front desk staff (Irene) to the well appointed amenities and comfortable bed was top notch.
Highly recommended.

Greetings HowT154,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to read that your stay was wonderfully delightful, please be assured that I have shared your kudos to the team!

Edmond, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

First time staying at the NYLO, and I have mixed emotions about this hotel.

PROS:
Stylish, modern, and pleasantly different than the usual boring holiday inn
Very good value for the money - $109 total for two nights can't be beat
Convenient to local shopping, eating and entertainment
Friendly hotel staff
Comfortable bed with nice linens
Nice looking outdoor bar area with pool
Issues with door locks were addressed promptly by the front desk and maintenance staff
CONS:
Parking, parking, parking. We arrived at the hotel around 1130 at night and there were literally NO parking spaces anywhere due to a private event being hosted at the hotel. There are no other businesses nearby - just across very busy Preston Rd or about 1/4 mi or more walk to the nearby McAfee building. My husband had to drive through the lot for a half hour before a spot could be found. When I complained to the front desk, the clerk expressed his concern but said there was nothing he could do and that this was a common problem for the hotel. He also indicated that the problem was partially due to the fact that locals would come to enjoy the "open bar". There has to be a better way to manage parking for these events and it was the worst part of our stay.

There is no tub, which I expect at a hotel like this, but nevertheless I do prefer one when available, and it would make staying with small children challenging. The shower also wasn't hot enough for my taste.

The noise level was very excessive at this hotel - we were staying on the side overlooking the pool, and parties were held both the Fri and Sat nights we stayed which we quite boisterous. The noise level in the hallway was also bad. This doesn't really bother my husband and I, but if loud noise drives you away don't stay here. There's also a large "hipster" crowd with a propensity for drunkenness, so I wouldn't consider this a "family" hotel.

Despite these concerns, considering the exceptional value and nice accomodations, I would at least consider staying again, but if the price were to go up and/or if the parking continued to be an issue I would stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Don't stay poolside if you don't like noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Plano at Legacy, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
priddygrrl,

Thank you for the detailed feedback. I am pleased that you received great service and enjoyed the hotel's design! I sincerely apologize regarding the parking, the area can become quite crowded & lively at night, especially on weekends. We have been discussing other alternatives so this does not inconvenience any of our future guests.

Please touch base when your travels return you to Plano.

Best Regards,
Danbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Great service, cool atmosphere and the best bed in the world!! I have traveled to the Plano area on numerous occasions and have tried all the hotels in the area. The NYLO by far has the best rate, coolest atmosphere, nicest staff and the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. The loft style is cool and the rooms are nicely outfitted to accommodate a business traveler!

Michele B,

Thank you for your amazing feedback and for sharing them with us on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to read that you had a fantastic stay at NYLO Plano at Legacy, please be assured that I have forward your kudos to the team!

Norman, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

NYLO was a last minute decision with a great price from hotels.com. I searched for pet-friendly hotels and not expect to find such an upscale hotel. We loved the fun, funky decor. We enjoyed the restaurant bar so much the night before with live music and a great atmosphere, we also had breakfast there the next morning. The front desk was very personable. I highly recommend NYLO.

Amber M,

Thank you for your amazing feedback and for sharing them with us on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to read that you had a wonderfully delightful stay at NYLO Plano at Legacy, please be assured that I have forward your kudos to the team!

Joe Massar

Been to NYLO Plano at Legacy? Share your experiences!