“Very hip!” 5 of 5 stars

You added NYLO Plano at Legacy to your Saves list
NYLO Plano at Legacy
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8201 Preston Road, Plano, TX 75024   |
Special Rate
Book Early - 10% Savings!
Ranked #11 of 39 Hotels in Plano
McAllen
“Very hip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

I checked in this room about a day or two in advance and once I got there to check in the receptionist told me I wasn't on the list.. Having a copy of the receipt I printed when I made the reservation saved me and she kindly apologized and sent us on our way. The place is beautiful and very modern and hip. The rooms are beautifully furnished with modem twists and see-through foggy showers and restrooms. I don't recommend this place if you're looking for a place to catch some good sleep.. They have parties in the pool area and you can hear everything. It's a good place if you want to meet new people and chill by the pool with some drinks. Like I said Very modern and young and it did the trick and worth staying at if you're a little wild.

• Stayed May 2012
NYLOManagement, Public Relations Manager at NYLO Plano at Legacy, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Emily R,

Thank you for the detailed feedback. I am pleased that you received great service and enjoyed your visit to NYLO Plano at Legacy!

In regards to the poolside, the area can become quite crowded & lively at night, especially on weekends. I apologize if you found the scene a disturbance during your stay.

All in all, thank you for your feedback. Please touch base when your travels return you to North Dallas.

Social Media Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Cary, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stay at this property several times a year because of its close proximity to JCPenney's corporate headquarters. The staff is always friendly and the rooms are extremely functional for the business traveler.The rooms are exceptionally quiet!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Maegan_NYLO, Public Relations Manager at NYLO Plano at Legacy, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
GoWolfpackCary_NC,

Thank you for your loyalty to NYLO Hotels and for your kind words regarding our associates.

Hope to see you again soon!

San Diego, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

The staff was personable, professional and responsive. The property was very original, extremely clean with a lot of attention to detail. The urban loft room was well designed - though you'd better be comfortable with your partner - it's a loft and the bathroom walls don't connect to the ceiling (in case you're unfamiliar with lofts). That being said, the shower is awesome!

We had a great two night's stay at a terrific rate. We'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool may have additional noise if there is a special event - they put up a ten...
Good Day Elizabeth G,

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to post your review with us on TripAdvisor. Out team strives very hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience and I know that we all are verp pleased to read your comments!

We hope to see you again soon!

NYLO Hotels
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

The staff is excellent - very friendly and they go out of their way to be helpful. The rooms are exceptionally clean. The rain shower is great - especially if you are tall and used to shower heads that are too low.
Trendy without sacrificing comfort.
The rooms are also quiet - no noise from neighbors.

AustinTrav5!

Thank you for the excellent feedback! I am pleased to read that your stay at NYLO Plano at Legacy was exceptionally enjoyable.

Please touch base when you are ready to escape for another amazing retreat, as I will have the team create a signature NYLO experience for you!

Social Media Manager
Tulsa, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

At first glance upon entering this hotel, we were impressed. We travel to Dallas on business bi-monthly and are familiar with all the hotel options. Last week we spontaneously jumped in the car for business only to find when making a reservation on our way, the usual choices (and many others) were all sold out. We ended up getting the last room NYLO had available. Our second impression was the front door staff. No receipt for us to sign due to a printer issue, and the guy that checked us in was completely rude to the guy working with him, ridiculing him in front of us over whether a guest had checked out or not. The price of our room was similar to high end Dallas hotels, so needless to say our expectations were high. At these prices, no room service, complimentary tea, coffee and bottled water in the room were for one person with a double room. Requests for more sent us to a gift area in the lobby. The room was dirty. The air return was so clogged I can't believe it is actually functioning. (room 207, however I'd be willing to bet this is the case throughout the hotel). The rain head shower was not only small, as is the room, there is no other option. Really? My experience as an interior designer shows men love rain heads, not women. The sliding bathroom door is annoying for privacy and the shower wall into the the rooms' transparent side is annoying in the shower with the cheapest of tile and shower pan. The noise level from adjacent rooms is completely annoying. We listened for two nights to our upstairs neighbor make hourly restroom/loud flushing noises. During the morning hours, the water noises as well as hall noises made me want to scream. And, finally I left a perscription in the room as well as a phone charger. I've now called four times with no return call. I won't be back. If you're traveling to the area, shop around.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
NYLOManagement, Public Relations Manager at NYLO Plano at Legacy, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
CStraveling,

Thank you for your candid feedback. I apologize for the issues you encountered with the service and amenities in your guest room. Such incidents are embarrassing to say the least, as our team does their very best to accommodate all guest requests and servicing any room malfunctions. We would love to have you back at the hotel for a second chance to truly show you our NYLO culture; Passion, Service, Design, and Fun.

Kindest Regards,
Dallas, Tx
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

My husband and I stayed 2 nights for a weekend get away! Our shower had a problem and was not draining so maintenance came up to unclog. We had friends joining us for drinks downstairs. We came back to the room and it had an over powering gas sewage smell. Once we went down to tell the desk, they did give us another room. Huge inconvenience and had to load up our belongings and move ourselves. All while trying to spend time with our guests. It may have been a good gesture to upgrade to a bigger room or something, but nope....here is your keys now go move! It also advertised they had a sauna....nope! No sauna!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Good Day Joycamp,

Thank you for the review. I apologize for the issues you encountered with the shower and the distict smell in your guest room. I will have engineering conduct a thorough inspection on the room issues that you have discribed. The team would love the opportunity to have you back at the hotel to turn your okay stay into a memorable one! Please touch base when your travels should bring you back to North Dallas.

Kindest Regards,
Bowling Green, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I have stayed at a lot of different hotels in the Dallas area and have finally found the crown jewel! Hotel NYLO has everything a traveler wants except average guest service which is found at every other place in the area I have stayed. If you want to jump to the type of guest satisfaction and service that is expected by all of us - visit this beautiful property in Plano. From the food to the cleanliness topped off with a General Manager (I believe his name was Joe) that greeted me when I checked in and wished me wonderful travels by name as I was leaving 3 days later! Class act all the way around......I will pass on to every friend and colleague I know traveling to the area. Thank you!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to NYLO Plano at Legacy? Share your experiences!