“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

You added NYLO Plano at Legacy to your Saves list
NYLO Plano at Legacy
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8201 Preston Road, Plano, TX 75024   |
Special Rate
Book Early - 10% Savings!
Ranked #12 of 39 Hotels in Plano
Austin, Texas
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

The staff is excellent - very friendly and they go out of their way to be helpful. The rooms are exceptionally clean. The rain shower is great - especially if you are tall and used to shower heads that are too low.
Trendy without sacrificing comfort.
The rooms are also quiet - no noise from neighbors.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
NYLOManagement, Public Relations Manager at NYLO Plano at Legacy, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
AustinTrav5!

Thank you for the excellent feedback! I am pleased to read that your stay at NYLO Plano at Legacy was exceptionally enjoyable.

Please touch base when you are ready to escape for another amazing retreat, as I will have the team create a signature NYLO experience for you!

Social Media Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

At first glance upon entering this hotel, we were impressed. We travel to Dallas on business bi-monthly and are familiar with all the hotel options. Last week we spontaneously jumped in the car for business only to find when making a reservation on our way, the usual choices (and many others) were all sold out. We ended up getting the last room NYLO had available. Our second impression was the front door staff. No receipt for us to sign due to a printer issue, and the guy that checked us in was completely rude to the guy working with him, ridiculing him in front of us over whether a guest had checked out or not. The price of our room was similar to high end Dallas hotels, so needless to say our expectations were high. At these prices, no room service, complimentary tea, coffee and bottled water in the room were for one person with a double room. Requests for more sent us to a gift area in the lobby. The room was dirty. The air return was so clogged I can't believe it is actually functioning. (room 207, however I'd be willing to bet this is the case throughout the hotel). The rain head shower was not only small, as is the room, there is no other option. Really? My experience as an interior designer shows men love rain heads, not women. The sliding bathroom door is annoying for privacy and the shower wall into the the rooms' transparent side is annoying in the shower with the cheapest of tile and shower pan. The noise level from adjacent rooms is completely annoying. We listened for two nights to our upstairs neighbor make hourly restroom/loud flushing noises. During the morning hours, the water noises as well as hall noises made me want to scream. And, finally I left a perscription in the room as well as a phone charger. I've now called four times with no return call. I won't be back. If you're traveling to the area, shop around.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
NYLOManagement, Public Relations Manager at NYLO Plano at Legacy, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
CStraveling,

Thank you for your candid feedback. I apologize for the issues you encountered with the service and amenities in your guest room. Such incidents are embarrassing to say the least, as our team does their very best to accommodate all guest requests and servicing any room malfunctions. We would love to have you back at the hotel for a second chance to truly show you our NYLO culture; Passion, Service, Design, and Fun.

Kindest Regards,
Dallas, Tx
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

My husband and I stayed 2 nights for a weekend get away! Our shower had a problem and was not draining so maintenance came up to unclog. We had friends joining us for drinks downstairs. We came back to the room and it had an over powering gas sewage smell. Once we went down to tell the desk, they did give us another room. Huge inconvenience and had to load up our belongings and move ourselves. All while trying to spend time with our guests. It may have been a good gesture to upgrade to a bigger room or something, but nope....here is your keys now go move! It also advertised they had a sauna....nope! No sauna!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Good Day Joycamp,

Thank you for the review. I apologize for the issues you encountered with the shower and the distict smell in your guest room. I will have engineering conduct a thorough inspection on the room issues that you have discribed. The team would love the opportunity to have you back at the hotel to turn your okay stay into a memorable one! Please touch base when your travels should bring you back to North Dallas.

Kindest Regards,
Bowling Green, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I have stayed at a lot of different hotels in the Dallas area and have finally found the crown jewel! Hotel NYLO has everything a traveler wants except average guest service which is found at every other place in the area I have stayed. If you want to jump to the type of guest satisfaction and service that is expected by all of us - visit this beautiful property in Plano. From the food to the cleanliness topped off with a General Manager (I believe his name was Joe) that greeted me when I checked in and wished me wonderful travels by name as I was leaving 3 days later! Class act all the way around......I will pass on to every friend and colleague I know traveling to the area. Thank you!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

I usually stay at the NYLO when I'm in Plano because it's a great hotel with a great staff, great atmosphere, great bar, and great rooms. I was upgraded to the NYLO Suite and must say that this room is really worth the price. It has an open layout with 3 living spaces which is great for those who need a place to work, relax, and sleep. If you have to stay in town for more than 3 or 4 days, this is the room. I would only comment that the closet is the same as in the standard rooms. A simple rod positioned right in the entryway and covered by a drape.

The bar / restaurant is very cool. The indoor area leads right to the outdoor seating area and huge fireplace. Very cool ambiance. The food is really tasty and they have a nice menu and drink selection.

However, I must agree with the other comments. The hotel has no affiliation with any major chains so you can't accrue or use points here but if this is the biggest negative that is written about this hotel, well I guess that says enough.

Overall, another great stay at once of my favorites.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
NYLOManagement, Public Relations Manager at NYLO Plano at Legacy, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Greetings NoahTrop,

Thank you for your loyalty to NYLO Plano at Legacy and for taking the time to share your feedback with us on TripAdvisor! We are pleased to read that your stay with us was delightful, please be assured that we have forward your kudos to the team. We are looking to enhance our clubNYLO program which is not a points reward program, but is a great program where you recieve unexpected treats at check-in. Please stay tuned as we are always looking into ways to grow our loyalty program.

As always please feel free to contact us directly should you need future service.

Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

My ONLY complaint is the hotel is not affiliated with any other chain so you don't earn any points. For the business traveler, this is pretty important to me. Over the past few years I have consolidated airlines and hotels into ONE company each, this hotel is the ONLY exception. If you weren't so close to my working destination I'd have to change.

I have stayed here many, many times for business only. This hotel is super hip & cool, love the vibe. Can be a bit noisy in the hallway & room because it is all concrete, but not a deal breaker. I can walk across the street to a nearby large company, so I don't rent a car, just cab from DFW. NYLO always hooks it up with a car service on time for my return trip, ON TIME! I've never stayed on a weekend night so I can't comment on the 'club' atmosphere some reviews call out. Gym is decent, you can get it done if you work out on the road. Free wifi - always a plus.

The outdoor patio area is very cool - great area to unwind with coworkers over a few drinks. When they close, just walk across the street to a handful of bars and restaurants - Holy Grail Pub is amazing, best beer selection around.

Plano / Frisco is pretty dull & boring and the NYLO style is really out of place - but that's a good thing!!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the parking lot are less noisy than rooms overlooking the lounge / pool.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Greetings J W,

Thank you for your loyalty to NYLO Hotels and for taking the time to share your feedback with us on TripAdvisor! We are pleased to read that your stay with us was delightfully wonderful, please be assured that we have forward your kudos to the team. We are looking to enhance our clubNYLO program which is not a points reward program, but is a great program where you receive unexpected treats at check-in. Please stay tuned as we are always looking at ways to grow our loyalty program.

We hope see you again in the near future, and as always please feel free to contact us directly should you need future service.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I made a last minute, advance online, reservation Friday night for Saturday check-in at 3pm to suprise my husband for our anniversary. The front desk staff were cordial and friendly upon our arrival and gave us each a free drink ticket to celebrate! The room was chic and perfect for a romantic getaway. We had a courtyard view of the pool and fire pit that made the whole experience delightful! Can't wait for our next visit!

Room Tip: Any room facing the courtyard!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
NYLOManagement, Public Relations Manager at NYLO Plano at Legacy, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Good Day Charriso1,

Thank you for choosing NYLO Plano at Legacy to host your romantic getaway and for taking the time to post your experience with us on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to hear that yours and your husbands stay was wonderfully delightful.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future, and always feel free to contact us directly if we can ever be of future service.

NYLO Hotels

Been to NYLO Plano at Legacy? Share your experiences!