“Great property, lackluster customer service” 2 of 5 stars

You added NYLO Plano at Legacy to your Saves list
NYLO Plano at Legacy
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8201 Preston Road, Plano, TX 75024   |
Special Rate
Book Early - 10% Savings!
Ranked #11 of 39 Hotels in Plano
Plano, Texas
“Great property, lackluster customer service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

On Sunday, June 24 I decided to spend the night there with my two children. All of their promotional literature clearly states that kids eat free all day. However, the bar manager seemed to think that it only applied to brunch. After heavy negotiating, I got him to remove my kids' entrees from my bill.

After I left the restaurant I emailed their customer service contact about my experience:
"Hello, I am currently booked at the Legacy location (room 505) and have encountered numerous advertisements around the hotel that children under 15 eat complements of the house, all day Sunday, including brunch. However, there seems to be a miscommunication in The Loft restaurant. The gentlemen on staff seem to be under the impression that children only eat free during brunch. I was charged for my children's entrees and my daughter's dessert, and only after persistent negotiations did the bar manager on staff agree to remove the entrees. I agreed to pay for the dessert.

I think the kids eat free on Sunday promotion is an excellent one and encourages people with older children such as mine (ages 11 and 13) to consider lodging options more stylish than the Holiday Inn. Receiving a restaurant bill for $71 instead of $50 was a startling surprise and had I not debated my point, I would have been overcharged. I feel that it is imperative that all members of the staff be aware of exactly what the policies and promotions are, and that the literature in the hotel are accurately reflective of such."

I never got a reply. I reached out on social media. Still no reply. It's incredibly disappointing because I really like this property but things like this TOTALLY spoil the customer experience.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Public Relations Manager at NYLO Plano at Legacy, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Good Day Quia,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor! I would like to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that we may have caused during your recent visit to the Loft. We are reviewing our marketing pieces as this promotion should only be available during Brunch from 8am-3pm. We will be making necessary changes on future promotional materials. The Loft Manager has recently reached out and spoke to you in regards to obtaining further details and we trust you found our solution amicable. Please feel free to contact me directly if I may be of further assistance.

Kindest Regards,
NYLO Hotels LLC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

If you want to stay somewhere unique and awesome stay at NYLO Plano Legacy. The hotel is beautiful and clean. Even better the staff is friendly and will do anything to male you comfortable.

• Stayed June 2012
Maegan_NYLO, Public Relations Manager at NYLO Plano at Legacy, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Greetings Dave123901,

Thank you for choosing NYLO for your most recent visit to North Dallas and thank you for taking the time to post your comments with us on TripAdvisor. We are very pleased to learn that your visit to our hotel was delightful.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future, and always feel free to contact us directly if we can ever be of future service.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for our anniversary and loved it. Rooms were very cool and clean. Keruig coffee, free bottled water and comfortable bed. Bar was a lot bigger than we thought. The front desk clerk, Irene was so nice and made us feel very welcomed. We will definitely come back and stay again.

• Stayed July 2012
, Public Relations Manager at NYLO Plano at Legacy, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Good Day Saralamb,

Thank you for choosing NYLO Plano at Legacy to host your anniversary and for taking the time to share the details of your experience with us on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate your wonderful comments regarding the hotel and Irene at the Front Desk, please be assured that we have forward your kudos to the team!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

I recently stayed at this property on a trip to Dallas. I read the positive reviews posted on tripadvisor and I must agree with the assessment of the majority of the contributors. The Hotel has a hip, vibrant feel and the rooms are well appointed. The king sized bed in my room was very comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The Hotel is located close to the Shops at Legacy, a beautiful development with fantastic restaurants and clubs. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel and visiting the Shops at Legacy.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Greeting traveladvice4,

Thank you for choosing NYLO Plano at Legacy to host your most recent visit to North Dallas and for taking the time to share the details of your experience with us on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate your wonderful comments regarding the hotel and our associates, please be assured that we have forward your kudos to the team!

Dallas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

I purchased a special from Travel Zoo to stay here and dine in their resturant. We would never had stayed at this place being we only live few miles away but for $139 with a $100 credit, I thought what the heck. They claim the hottest night spot in North Dallas, I beg to differ as the bar/resturant was not busy at all other than other hotel guests half dressed going in and out for drinks with their unruly children from the pool. Not what I would consider "HOT" when your atempting to enjoy a nice dinner. When we spoke with our server to order wine he said he would need to check as they recently had changed hands and the menu was changing the wine may not be avalable. With luck the wine was still in stock but they seem to only have 5 true dinner items on the menu more or less it's bar food. I do admit the dish my wife and I ordered were tasty but the loud pool guests were very anoing. When we went back to the room I noticed a was cloth left over the shower head (missed by house cleaning) so I was leary how clean the room truly was only to find a very damp/sticky carpet on the left side of the bed once I removed my shoes. The room was very nice in apointments LOFT style. We had to call the front desk due to some loud noises from in the hall pretty late looking outside the fine pool guests we in the room accross from our room and I could see the wife/girlfriend laying on the floor moaning. Several minutes later the office called and said they could find nothing? For the room the other disapointment (even more so for my wife) they only have showers that has the head comming out to act like rain but no option for a hand held spray so you must get your hair wet to get clean. Would we return, not to this location being it is so close to our home for dinner no as it is limited menu and bar like feel even though it is said to be a resturant with a bar. Also at check out I was told they had an issue with their computer system and they would call me back or email me to confirm all charges as the invoice under the door was incorrect. I am still awaiting the call or email.

Room Tip: If you feel it's dirty say someting
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Josh Navarifar was very helpful and accomodating! I couldn't have asked for better customer service!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Public Relations Manager at NYLO Plano at Legacy, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Good Day Valerie F,

Thank you for staying at NYLO Plano at Legacy and for taking the time to share your feedback with us on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate your comments regarding Josh at the Front Desk, please be assured that we have shared them with the team!

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

Modern design and huge comfortable rooms make this my favorite hotel in Plano. Easy check in, excellent food and happy hours. Clean, quiet and perfectly decorated. The free shuttle make ate morning commute easy.

• Stayed June 2012
Greetings SarahJacks,

Thank you for staying at NYLO Plano at Legacy and for taking the time to share your feedback with us on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate your comments about our hotel, please be assured that we have shared them with the team!

Maegan Smith

Been to NYLO Plano at Legacy? Share your experiences!