“Great bed, great shower and fun hotel” 4 of 5 stars

You added NYLO Plano at Legacy to your Saves list
NYLO Plano at Legacy
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8201 Preston Road, Plano, TX 75024   |
Special Rate
Book Early - 10% Savings!
Ranked #12 of 39 Hotels in Plano
Mexico City, Mexico
“Great bed, great shower and fun hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

This hotel has what a good hotel needs to have plus a funky bonus. It has a great bed, a great shower, very good internet connection for us working ppl and to top it all, the staff was very friendly and accommodating. The hotel in itself is funky and fun.. I enjoyed my time there even if it was for a business trip.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Maegan_NYLO, Public Relations Manager at NYLO Plano at Legacy, responded to this review, May 4, 2012
Good Day Nieves_00,

Thank you for choosing NYLO Plano at Legacy to host your most recent visit to North Dallas and for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor. We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed the hotel.

We hope to see you agian in the near future, and always feel free to contact us directly if you should ever need future service.

Maegan Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a romantic weekend. The hotel is in an EXCELLENT location. All of the shopping, eating, and entertainment that you could ask for all within a few mile radius. The staff was friendly, the decor is unique, the room was extremely clean, and the restaurant food was good too.

It was a little pricey but we had a bed and breakfast package from living social. I would say it was worth every penny. A lot of people were concerned about the noise level on Saturday night but we did not have that experience. It was quiet, calm, and very relaxing.

Room Tip: If you're worried about noise, ask for a room that faces the street, rather than the pool area.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Greetings Brett B,

Thank you for choosing NYLO Plano at Legacy to host your romantic weekend and for taking the time to share the details of your stay with us on TripAdvisor. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and our LivingSocial deal. Please be assured that I have forward your comments to the team!

We hope to see you again in the near future, and always feel free to contact us directly should you ever need future service.

suckville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

My description of this place is "funky". I'm indifferent of it's uniqueness. A hotel is a hotel. I'd rather sleep in my own bed...Had I known that a nightly party would be thrown poolside I would have requested a room that did not over look the pool. I didn' request a pool view because I don't have a preference. It is unreal how loud the bass is. Surely NYLO has had complaints before about the level of the music and bass. This experience is enough for me not to reccommend this place to anybody. I'm 28 and am usually down for a good time, but I am in town for work and am working 18 to 20 hour days. The last thing I want is to come "home" to the ridiculously loud music.

Room Tip: rooms with windors facing preston rd have to be quieter than that bull crap.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Maegan_NYLO, Public Relations Manager at NYLO Plano at Legacy, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Good Day Zebra g,

Thank you for staying with us during your most recent visit to North Dallas and for taking the time to post your feedback with us on TripAdvisor. We would like to apologize for the experience you had while at the hotel. We strive very hard to ensure that all of our guests have a wonderfully delightful experience. I am disappointed to learn that we fell short on this goal during your last stay. We hope you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations. Again, thank you for your comments – we can only get better if we receive honest feedback from guests like yourself.

All the best,
Milton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

Stayed here for 1 night for a business trip. Hotel is a fun eclectic design, the beds are super comfy, the rooms minimalist but very functional. Made use of the business center for a last minute print and was pleasantly surprised to find a color printer free of charge. The staff is very friendly and they offer a shuttle to and from local restaurants and shops. Great change from everyday boring business travel! There is also a cool bar (which serves as the breakfast area) that I wished i'd had time to visit...and a pool outside with a fire place installation, great design! I stare at it enviously from by courtyard facing room.

Good Day Jlowe_Canada,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on TripAdivsor. We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at NYLO Plano at Legacy. It's unfortunate that you were not able to visit the Loft restaurant & Bar during your visit, but there's always next time!

Again thank you, and always feel free to contact us directly if we can ever be of future service.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

I got a Living Social deal to stay at the NYLO Plano which included a bottle of champagne, chocolate-covered strawberries, two cocktails, two appetizers and a yummy breakfast for two. I had to re-schedule the reservation due to a car accident and the front-desk attendant was very helpful. The room was fun, food was delicious and staff was friendly.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Greetings Stephanie J,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review with NYLO Plano at Legacy on TripAdvisor. We are very pleased to learn your stay with us was enjoyable and that you were able to use all amenities included in our LivingSocial deal! Thank you for your wonderful comments, please be assured that we have forward them to the team!

We hope to see you again in the near future, and always feel free to contact us directly if we can ever be of future service.

Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Whenever I travel to the Plano area I always try to stay at the Nylo lofts. While my initial interest is due to the style of the hotel, the services match the quality of the rooms. During my last visit I was able to have friendly conversations with employees in the lobby, bar, and even one in the elevator that was wheeling champagne and chocolates to several of the rooms. I have not read the other reviews but I hope they cover the excellent back patio and bar that contain plenty of couches and style, along with the very comfy beds. Add to all of this the Friday and Saturday pricing and it is impossible for me not to recommend.

The only downside is the few locations. However, while chatting with the employees it sounds like expansion is planned for the future.

Room Tip: A room facing the pool will let you see the Nylo Patio and potentially any events going on.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Greeting Taylor Y,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review with NYLO Plano at Legacy on TripAdvisor. We are very pleased to learn your stay with us was enjoyable. Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding the hotel and our associates, please be assured that we have forward them to the team!

nyc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

Stayed at NYLO Plano for 5 nites with wife. Really liked the place. Industrial Chic design. A couple of things bothered me about the place. If you're staying for a week there's not enough storage for your clothes unless you live out of your suitcase which we did. My wife didn't think there was enough privacy between bathroom and room. Didn't bother me but then again I was in the army. What got me was the lack of ventilation. You can't control the exhaust fan in the bathroom. It's done by the hotel and it ran very infrequently. This can effect smells and I found that the aroom seemed humid after showers even hours later. Wish you could open a window for fresh air. There was a fire when we stayed there. Not their fault. Seems someone maliciously put wooden bucket over sauna heater and turned on heater. When I called down to the desk after hearing alarm I was told it was a false alarm. Staff needs better training in fire safety. Glad to know fire system worked though.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Maegan_NYLO, Public Relations Manager at NYLO Plano at Legacy, responded to this review, March 29, 2012
Greetings hawkeyeNYC,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor and for staying with us during your recent visit to Plano. I can assure you we were just as upset and bothered by the entire incident as well. With that said, the safety of our guest is of our utmost concern. We apologize for the mis-communication you received from our Front Desk team. I have noted your comments regarding the ventilation in our guestrooms to discuss further with the team. Again, thank you for your review and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Best Regards,
Maegan

Been to NYLO Plano at Legacy? Share your experiences!