“Great food, inexpensive but just great local place!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Plano, Texas
“Great food, inexpensive but just great local place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

My wife and I and our family frequently eat at Ocean Seafood and Grill. Over the past 10 plus years we have and continue to enjoy the friendly service provided by the owners, Mary and Jack and staff. The food has been and continues to be the best in Plano! The grilled or blackened salmon is awesome. The cat fish and the fried jumbo shrimp is the best anywhere in No. Dallas. Lightly battered, fresh oil and very, very tasty. Try the calamari and the home made bread puddly with their fresh brewed coffee. Bring your own wine and enjoy a pleasant dinner! Joe Musco and family.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Dallas, Texas, United States
“6 happy people at a byob fish place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We went to the Ocean Seafood Grill at the NE corner of Spring Creek and Coit in Plano TX last evening and I thought my food was very very good. I ordered the whole trout w/o the lobster sauce and at $16.99 thought it was a bit pricey (they didn't deduct for not including the lobster sauce) but my husband ordered the blackened tilapia for $12.99 and it was delicious. They served our dinners with the usual vegetable medley but it was not swimming in butter nor overcooked and their specialty thinly sliced potatoe and onion which was very tasty. Three couples all ordered different dinners and everyone was a bit surprised that all the dinners were good. We didn't know what to expect on this first visit and we will be back.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Plano, Texas
“Wonderful Neighborhood Seafood Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

We have been eating at Ocean's almost once a week for a number of years. They have a really economical lunch menu and also Monday through Wednesday dinner specials. Mary and her husband are warm and welcoming. Very pleasant interior. I really can't say anything negative. An additional benefit we love is it is a BOB restaurant. Give it a try.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“First and Last Visit”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

My husband and I ventured out to try a new seafood restaurant in Plano that looked interesting. Maybe we hit the wrong night, but we had the worst dining experience we've had in Plano. The interior had some absolutely beautiful features but didn't have a feeling of intimacy. Because of two large dinner parties, the place was loud with people yelling at children. The service was very slow. The drinks were weak, but the food was o.k. Our experience may have been better in the large, outdoor area. Given all the choices in the Dallas area, we won't return.

• Visited March 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Greenville, South Carolina
“I'll be eating here again...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010

I found this place during a business trip by searching Tripadvisor. I had a hard time finding the place since they have moved and not all map software/websites are updated to the new location.
The restaurant is in a strip mall and the interior is spacious and feels large. There's a lot of open space in there. However, it's clean and the decor and lighting is comfortable. There were specials listed on a board at the entrance. The place is BYOB, so you may want to stop off somewhere for beer or wine if that's what you want. Being my first BYOB experience, it felt strange walking into a restaurant with a couple of beers in a plastic bag. Once seated the server brought over a glass.
The menu lists a good selection of fried seafood as well as pasta and grilled/broiled dishes. There are just enough items to cover many tastes without over doing it with a huge menu. I had the fried oysters which came out hot and fresh with some god fries and homemade slaw. The food quality was great.
It has the feel of a local hangout, which is welcome if you travel a lot and just want a good meal and some time to rest.
Overall, I'll be going back the next time I'm in Plano.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere