“Not worth the price” 2 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
Dallas, Texas
“Not worth the price”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

Very average food. fast food ambience. Much better thai available at lower cost.

Visited April 2011

Lewisville, Texas
“Terrible service, don't go at lunch!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2010

We went at lunch, about 11:30, and were seated immediately. The waitress took our drink order, as well as our order of soup and entrees. The drink and soup came out quickly but after 45 minutes of waiting on our entrees we gave up and left. The waitress totally disappeared and we never saw her after the soup arrived.

The place was very busy, but that's just like every restaurant in Plano at lunch. At the very least the waitress could have stopped by and given us a status update regarding our food.

The only thing I can say about the food is that the tom kha was not spicy at all. The brother didn't have much coconut milk in it, but it was only a $1 so it's hard to complain.

Maybe the service is better for dinner but I'll never find out because I'm not going back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Check it out! Go for a late lunch!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2009

Fresh, well prepared food with attentive service. The atmosphere is bright strip mall decor - but the service makes up for it! Plan on serious crowds on Friday or Saturday evenings! You can have the place to yourself for a delicious leisurely lunch if you'll go after 1:00 any day. The appetizers are exceptional! We often make a meal out of them.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Uninspiring Thai food that tries to be more than what it's strip mall location allows.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2008

Plano
“Best Thai I've had in DFW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2008

This is my family's favorite Thai restaurant. Our previous favorite was Banana Leaf. Banana Leaf is still as good as ever, we just like this better. The only Thai I've had better was in Taos, NM, of all places.

The Panang Curry is the best I've had anywhere. The Pad Thai is excellent. The chicken skewers are also good. But the best thing is the Tom Kha Chicken Noodle Soup. It is out of this world, and also cures the common cold. When my step-mother was visiting, she was feeling bad, ordered this, and got right out of her sick-bed.

The ambiance is not my favorite, but we often order take-out, anyway. The people who run it are very courteous and prompt. When I come in to wait for my take-out, they always give me a glass of water.

When my wife was pregnant, they noticed, and remembered her name. When she would get a craving and order take-out, the cook put some "extra stuff" in it because it's what pregnant ladies need. I'm really not making this up.