“Great service, great atmosphere not so great food.” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Mignon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #163 of 727 Restaurants in Plano
Cuisines: French, Steakhouse
Good for: Doing business, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Lorimar
Description: Here at Mignon, we have a warm romantic atmosphere that takes you back to a more sophisticated time were you can imagine you are sitting in Paris in your own private Bistro. At Mignon you can expect to receive the very best in service and menu selections. We only serve the freshest in seafood and hand cut prime steaks.
Amarillo, Texas
“Great service, great atmosphere not so great food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Given the reviews I'd read online I walked in with very high expectations. The service and aesthetic of the restaurant certainly met them. The food was above average compared to chain food but missed the mark on several levels for such a high end place. Perhaps this was due to the lateness of my dinner seating (at 9:15pm) regardless, if you're looking for atmosphere this place has it, if you're looking to have your taste buds blown out of the water...not so much.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Plano, Texas
“Yummy anniversary dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Celebrating 34 years of wedded bliss, we tried Mignon. A perfect night to eat on the patio, we were well taken care of by a very attentive staff. The excellent specials were described to us, and my groom chose a caprese salad, the halibut special and thyme grits. I had a watermelon and heirloom tomato salad, and a wonderful pan-roasted chicken on a bed of fingerling potatoes and fresh corn...wow! We finished with coffee and a piece of their seven layer carrot cake. Everything was excellent, and we'll be back!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Texas
“Best restaurant in Plano”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Mignon's personal service is far above all other restaurants in Plano as is their food. Their filet mignon is the BEST. The halibut special my husband has last night was the best he's ever had. The patio is beautiful and relaxing.....bar area is welcoming with great service as well. If you haven't tried Mignon you are missing out on the local gem of a restaurant.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“GREAT view, ambiance, vibe, service....sad, salty food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

My husband and I have eaten here many times but last night was the last. I ordered the warm spinach salad. I specifically asked that they leave all the candied nuts and fruit off. It was inedible. It was literally DRENCHED in salty dressing. It was gross. Sorry Mignon, wis it could be different.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Plano, Texas
“Mignon is not up to par”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I have eaten at Miignon many times over the years, but I will never go back. We ordered the escargot which on my menu said with herbs , but on my companions menu said with puff pastry. My companion ordered it thinking it would come with puff pastry, which it did not. When we pointed out to the waitress she said that was impossible because all the menus had been updated. When I pointed out to her that I had noticed it also ,she basically told me I ws lying. She then sent the manager over to argue with me. I have never been treated so disrespectfully by a restaurant. Not only was the service deplorable but the food has undergone a distinct revision which is not for the better.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Been to Mignon? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Mignon, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.