“Excellent choice” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Roy's - Plano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 709 restaurants in Plano
Cuisines: Seafood, Pacific Rim
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations, Private Dining
Dining style: Fine Dining
Transit: Bus
“Excellent choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful dinner. He ate filet mignon and I a cod fillet and both was excellent. The term of my husband filet mignon was exactly. For appetizers we had vegetable spring rolls and California sushi, excellent! The wine list is almost all from California, so no wines from the old world but was fine. The service was excellent and knowledgeable. Very kind service. We went on a Tuesday day. I strongly recommend this place.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

87% Recommend
Dallas, Texas
“Pretty good for a chain restaurant.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I received a $25 gift card from Roy's and decided to go for dinner with my husband. The atmosphere was pleasant, noise level moderate, waiter attentive. The complementary dish of edamame was a nice touch. When I asked about the topping sprinkled on it and was told it was hot, I asked if it could be replaced. It was. Service was prompt. We had the Trio of salmon, butterfish and mahi mahi. I think the mahi mahi was a little dry, but I rarely order it, so I'm not sure. The Trio portions are smaller than the full entre size and it may be difficult to cook a 3 oz. piece perfectly. We would go again.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
McKinney, Texas
“Horrible experience at Roy's Plano this evening”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Have been to Roy's a number of times, so we familiar with the restaurant. However, this evening was a miserable experience. We arrived promptly at 7:10 and were seated at our table. We then sat for 15 minutes until the waiter decided to take our food order. When he finally showed up at our table, my wife said we were about to walk out, and the waiter made a lame excuse about serving the table behind us. We placed our dinner order and then proceeded to wait and wait and wait... The first food dishes didn't arrive until 7:53 - almost 45 minutes after we were seated. Again we were on the verge of walking out, and should have. Our experience was ruined, as dining out is as much about the service as it is about the food. Interestingly our waiter continuously made trips to the table behind us - I guess a group of 6 is more important at Roy's than a group of 2.

• Visited September 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We went to Roy's recently for our anniversary, and it was such a great experience! The service and atmosphere was wonderful, and the food was delicious. I had the trio- with salmon, butterfish, and mahi mahi. The butterfish and salmon were both great. My husband had the gnocci and really enjoyed it as well. I also had the creme brulee and my husband ate goat cheese cheesecake. We will definitely be back in the future!

Visited July 2013
“Love the Lobster Potstickers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Overall the food was good but I wouldn't say fabulous. The lobster potsticker appetizers were fabulous and I could have eaten a couple more orders of those. For my entree I had the sea scallops which were served over mashed potatoes and pork belly. The serving was small with 3 scallops but the pork belly was filling. My son had the shrimp tempenyaki and said it was good but not memorable. The decor was nice but not up to par with other similarly priced restaurants. It was rather loud, so probably not ideal if you want to have a good conversation. There is outdoor seating which would offer more of a quiet atmosphere.

• Visited July 2013