“Very fresh food!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Carrollton, TX
“Very fresh food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I ordered a grilled chicken salad and it was delicious. Everything was so fresh and flavorful! You get your own bowl of chips with a red salsa and a green salsa. I preferred the green because it was spicier. The red was good, but not spicy. The only negative thing I have to say is about the staff. The cashier didn't ask if it was my first time there so I didn't know what to do after I ordered. I had to ask where to fill my glass. She and the kitchen staff had a very long and loud personal conversation while I was eating that I could have done without. Overall, the food is great, but the staff could benefit from some customer service training.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Terrell, Texas
“Wow! Very impressed.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Reviews were pretty good for Chilada's so thought we'd give it a try and we were impressed! A different type of Mexican food, but very good. 3 enchiladas for $6.99 with one side-can't be very good. WRONG! I got 2 beef brisket and a cheese and they were great. As good or better than many restaurants that charge much more.
Wife said the guacamole was some of the freshest and best she'd had in a while. (she's a Mexican food expert)
We will definitely be back. Give it a try, I think you'll be impressed too.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
North Texas
“Great food without tipping”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I love these places where you walk up to the counter, place your order and then someone brings it out to you. What's better is when the food is good, the place is clean, and the people are friendly! They even give you chips and salsa for free when you sit down. Today was my third time eating at Chiladas. I brought my office team with me this time. The brisket in the brisket tacos is awesome, always good! Everyone likes the shrimp tacos, I'm not a huge fan of shrimp in a corn tortilla, but they are good. I noticed they have a happy hour today. May need to try that sometime. I think you'll really like this place. I always get the black beans with my three tacos, two brisket one chicken, but you can have any combination of the three you want.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Plano, Texas
“Promising little spot, but a few "new restaurants" slips”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We had eagerly watched as a new Mexican joint slowly sprung up within walking distance of our house. We have a few Mexican restaurants nearby, but they are all parts of chains. Decent food, but not the real hole-in-the wall stuff we love.

Well, Childas is part of the Tamolly's chain in East Texas, but this is is a new concept for them. It's a fast casual type of spot with a short menu and no alcohol. Spouse stopped in for to-go on their 2nd day of operations and we could tell that were still working everything out.

The menu offers very reasonably priced taco and enchilada plates, quesadillas and salads. He ordered 1 mixed order of both the tacos and enchiladas and a kid's cheese quesadilla. I couldn't believe it when he walked in with 3 large bags of food! Chiladas uses 1 size of cardboard boxes and they sent 4 half filled boxes of multicolored chips and salsa with our order.

The kids quesadilla was tiny - 1/2 of a fajita sized tortilla, but tasted fine. We'll switch to the adult size from now on. The tacos were fresh and tasty and the veggie choice was a welcome option. The side of black beans were also good. The enchiladas looked pretty, but we couldn't get a good feel on their taste as they weren't even lukewarm. Also, we were missing the side of Mexican slaw.

It's a nice little neighborhood spot and we will certainly give it another try in a few weeks and really hope to be able to upgrade the rating.

• Visited September 2012