“Pizza is fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #403 of 729 Restaurants in Plano
Cuisines: Italian
Description: They have two locations. The other location is in Alba, Texas.
Description: They have two locations. The other location is in Alba, Texas.
“Pizza is fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

The pizza here is fabulous. Crust and toppings are always fresh. Tip: add garlic as a topping on your pizza. It has become our favorite pizza place in/near Frisco.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Plano, Texas
“Hope they close!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Just had my first and LAST visit here. We got a menu on our front door about 2 weeks back and everything sounded pretty good. What brought us in tonight (on a Tuesday) was the fact that "Kids Eat Free, Dine-in only" every Tuesday. We came in to an empty restaurant and were yelled at from the back telling us to sit wherever we'd like. We sat and waited about 5 minutes and a waitress came out and handed us menus. She was in a rush, which I couldn't see why considering how we were the only ones in the place. I had the lasagna, my husband had the spaghetti and meatballs, and my daughter had the kids lasagna. It came with bread which wasn't very great. No flavor whatsoever. Also came with a house salad which she did not give us a choice of dressing..she just assumed we'd like some sort of marinara sauce as a dressing on our salad. I tried it, and it was not bad..but still would have preferred ranch. I should have asked, but then again..so should she. But anyway, our food arrived about 20 minutes later and my husband enjoyed his spaghetti & meatballs. My daughter's and I's lasagna was basically pure cheese. There were no layers, it was literally about half an inch thick. I needed a magnifying glass to see the tiny specks of meat. The cheese clump dubbed as lasagna was swimming in a pool of watery tomato sauce. Terrible. I asked for additional napkins, after all I was eating tomato water and cheese, and she did not bring any. Again, terrible. She brought us our check and we immediately noticed we were charged for our daughter's meal.. so we waited awhile to bring up the Kids Eat Free. When she finally came back, she told us that they discontinued it after New Years. Um...I just got the menu on my door 2 weeks back! Of course, I mentioned the false advertisement to her and told her that was the one and ONLY reason we came in, and she did not give a care. Not even an apology. I asked for the manager or owner and she said he will not be in until Friday after 5pm. So 3 days from now. I have to wait 3 days to address this issue. But please believe I'll be in there at 5pm on the dot. Now that I'm home writing this, I just realized she didn't even give me a receipt to document my visit. Hmmm..glad I took plenty of pictures of the disgusting food, and of my receipt. I also still have that false advertisement of a menu. I have lived by this restaurant and see it every time I go to the Kroger in the same lot, and was never interested to come in. Then I get a "kids eat free" on the door of my home and it was literally the only reason it brought me in. How messed up is this. Aside from my going in Friday at 5pm, I'll never go there again.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Frisco, Texas
“This is our top choice for a friendly atmosphere with good prices and steaming hot food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

We've been eating at Verona now for quite a while and were there just last night. If you are looking for a good plate of spaghetti with meatballs or sausage and peppers don't pass this up. They serve seafood and other traditional Italian dishes such as stuffed pasta as well. Entrees come with hot bread and a side salad with their fabulous house dressing. BYOB with a bottle of wine from the Kroger Market in the same shopping center and you can't beat the value for the quality. Food comes out steaming hot too which we like. They serve good subs and pizza and have takeout.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere