“Pretty good place!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson

You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2601 E Pres. George Bush Highway, (NE Corner of Jupiter Rd Intersection), Plano, TX 75074   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #1 of 39 Hotels in Plano
Green Valley, Arizona
“Pretty good place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We spent 3 night here while we were visiting family. We really like this hotel brand and this hotel gave us no reason to change. The rooms were quiet and very clean - this is hugely important to me. I was worried on our last night when a very large contingent of young cheerleaders arrived for a cheerleading camp - we were told they had taken over half of the hotel! I figured it would be a sleepless night, but couldn't have been more wrong. We never heard a peep! The breakfasts in the morning were very good, usually scrambled eggs and bacon or sausage along with all of the pastries, bagels, waffles, etc. And the breakfast area is well maintained, clean and the food is restocked constantly. The front desk staff was very nice and helpful. My only issue with this hotel is that the A/C unit is on the outside of the bedroom behind a locked door and is very loud. It woke us up every time it kicked on the first night so after that we turned it way down before going to bed and then just turned it off for sleeping and used the ceiling fan to keep the cool air moving.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Many thanks for the great comments, and it's always nice to hear from Homewood Suites fans! Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, although I have forwarded your comments re: the AC unit to our engineering team to look into quieter solutions.

Overall, though, my team and I are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us, and look forward to welcoming you back.

2012 Homewood Suites Award-Winning Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Absolutely loved this facility. Breakfast and dinner was awesome. It was clean and quiet. Alicia was so helpful. She took us to the movies and arranged our pickup to go back to the hotel. The kitchen staff made sure my family was full before they started to clean up the reception.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
What wonderful feedback! My team and I - including Alicia - are delighted you and your family enjoyed your stay with us, and so appreciate you choosing our hotel. I've forwarded your review to everyone on my team, as they will enjoy reading them. We love hearing from our guests, as they let us know when we're on the right track!

Thanks again, and we hope to see you soon.

knox city, tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Loved this hotel. Very clean, updated decor, friendly staff. The room with 2 beds was very large. Sink outside of bathroom which was convenient for 4 girls getting ready. Liked having the kitchen even though we did not cook. It had all utensils, plates, cookware needed. Breakfast was great. Plenty of choices. Homewood could be compared to an Embassy Suites. Few restaurant within 5 miles. Would stay again

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you very much for the review, and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay! Always nice to hear when a guest enjoys their stay, and we appreciate the feedback. And yes, the kitchen is a nice amenity to have for our guests, as it lends a more homey feel to the suite, vs. a typical hotel room.

Thanks again for the comments, and we hope to see you soon!

Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Tried to stay here as a last minute whim on a Saturday night, like a mini vacation away from home locally. It was late, but I tried looking up rooms/availability on the website. The Hilton website was having problems, so I got the local # and called. I asked if they had availability for the room type (2 bed non smoking) I was looking for, and I was told yes. I replied that we would be there shortly.

Upon arrival in the lobby, around 2 a.m., there was no one at the front desk. There was a sign indicating that the personnel was away attending to a guest, and to be patient and wait. Not a great welcoming situation to a hotel I had never been to. I guess it meant there was only one person on shift. Interesting the front door was left unlocked yet the whole lobby unattended. I tried calling the front desk from my cell, thinking the staff would at least be notified of a call. Nope. Had it not been so late, we would of just left. We waited upwards of 20 minutes, and finally a gentleman arrived. I commented about the wait, and how it seemed odd to make a new guest go thru such. He apologized and explained that he had to deliver papers to a guest. I requested a discount for the wait, and the fact that it was the middle of the night. He offered the AARP rate, which I already qualify for. I grumbled again and was offered a discount of $10. Wow... it was late, so I said fine so I could get a bed. After another 5-10 minutes passed, the gentleman indicated that he was having trouble booking the room. And that the system was not bringing up the room that I was told was available. I asked what they *did* show as available, and was told 3 smoking rooms. He offered 2 room keys for us to check out, which we did, but both were unacceptable due to the smell just opening the door. He indicated they would be comp'ed, but that was a moot point.

We left this establishment, and will never return. There are obviously a number of issues. 1) Lobby completely unattended/unstaffed, for an extended period of time 2) I was told of a room available that was a lie (i.e. not accurate), causing me to drive to a facility that said they could meet my request but could not 3) some issue with booking system not meshing with actual availability 4) an establishment offering a sad $10 discount for a new client waiting 30 minutes in the middle of the night, trying to get a room that the hotel did not even have.

I wish others better luck.

Room Tip: Cannot offer any info here
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of your experience with our hotel, and I do apologize it was not a satisfactory one. I have reviewed your situation with the night auditor who was on staff that evening. As a busy extended-stay hotel, our inventory fluctuates constantly, and unfortunately what may have been available when you'd called the hotel had already been booked by the time you arrived. It is not uncommon to have late-arriving guests book a suite at the last minute, and it would seem that may have been the case here.

I am also sorry you had to wait for an extended period of time for the night auditor to return to the front desk once you'd arrived at the hotel. It is our policy to have someone available at the front desk 24 hours a day, but there are times when that is unfortunately not always possible. In your case, the auditor was assisting another guest and therefore delayed. I do apologize for the inconvenience and I've spoken to my team about your situation.

It is our goal to have every guest check out of our hotel with the intent to return, and it seems we missed the mark. I sincerely hope you will give us another chance to experience our award-winning service and accommodations.

Tyler
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We had a fun family overnight and used the pool facilities at this conveniently located hotel. We will stay there again for sure. I printed documents in the hotel business center and used the computer to check email. We had plenty of space for our group and enjoyed the basketball court as well as pool area.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for the great review, and my team and I are very glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us! The pool and spa are especially nice this time of year, as is our Sport Court, so I'm glad you all were able to enjoy them.

Many thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

2012 Homewood Suites award-winning hotel
Carson City, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

First time here. We were visiting our son & his family in Wylie and found this on Trip Advisor. Expected a nice medium suite for five days, but found much more. The staff were great, the bed comfortable, room smallish for a suite but in fine shape, and the breakfast was a real surprise! Full hot breakfast every morning, eggs, breakfast meat, lots of fruit, yoghurt and juice, make it yourself waffles, everything. Very popular with the families and sports teams staying there (summer high school tournaments, I assume.) During the second night the bathroom sink came alive with a strange gurgling noise for a while (very unusual!), so I videoed it, showed the clip to the front desk the next morning, and they changed our room for us immediately with profuse apologies. All staff had nothing but smiles, the housekeeping staff even helped us with our luggage all the way to the car on checkout (I am a little creaky these days!) Would absolutely stay here next time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you very much for the great review, and my team are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us! Glad to hear you liked our daily breakfast buffet - as the most important meal of the day, we want our guests to enjoy plenty of options to get the day started.

I do apologize for the issue with your bathroom sink, and appreciate you bringing that to our attention. I'm glad we were able to move you to another suite to rectify the situation, and that the rest of your stay was a pleasant.

Many thanks again for the great feedback, and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Chicago, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

You will definitely get your money's worth! I loved the free breakfast in the morning. And also, during the week (Mon - Thu), the hotel had a free dinner in the lobby with great food! The hotel is clean, the staff is friendly and the rooms were magnificent.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
What a great review! Thanks very much for the kind words, and thank you for choosing our hotel. My team and I all work hard to ensure every guest has a memorable experience, so we always enjoy hearing when a guest's stay has been a good one.

Many thanks again, and we hope to see you soon!

2012 Homewood Suites Top 10 percent hotel

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson? Share your experiences!