“Clean, tidy and well thought out hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson

You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2601 E Pres. George Bush Highway, (NE Corner of Jupiter Rd Intersection), Plano, TX 75074   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #1 of 39 Hotels in Plano
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Clean, tidy and well thought out hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I spent 3 weeks in the Homewood suites whilst in Dallas, I really like the idea of having a separate lounge and bedroom. This was my first stay (won't be my last either!)

The location of the Hotel is a little out of the way (right next to the turnpike), but to be honest there is plenty of restaurants a short drive away and Downtown Dallas is a 35 min drive (outside of rush hour traffic!).

Reception - The staff at reception are friendly and organised. Being a Hilton member made the check-in very easy as I'd already reserved the room online 36 hours before hand. If i had any questions or queries during my stay the staff were always prepared to help.

Room - The room was clean and tidy. Having 2 large flat screen TV's with plenty to watch is also very good, especially after a long day working. Having a small kitchen in the room was very handy, not that I cooked (mainly because there are so many good restaurants in Richardson) but having a large fridge was great for storing drinks and some food. The bed was incredibly comfortable and I slept extremely well. The room seemed to be quite well insulated from noise, could only really hear other rooms if they were scrapping chairs across the tiled flooring or kids running down the hallway. The shower and bath were good, could have done with a little more pressure in the shower though, but apart from that it was fine. The WiFi in the room is also very very good!

Restaurant - Breakfast had a reasonable choice, fruit, yogurt, eggs, waffle maker, juices, cereal, bacon or Sausages etc....From my perspective the Breakfast was fine and provided a good start to the day. sometimes though the restaurant was pretty busy in the morning and it could be hard to find a table. The evening meal was fine (only served Mon-Thurs), It made life easier especially if you've had a difficult day just to pop down have something to eat and a free beer or wine and then pop back to your room. The food was OK and filled a requirement, better than a McDonald's!

Overall - I really enjoyed my stay at the Homewood Suites and would definitely be booking again when I'm next in Richardson.

Room Tip: Book room away from the lifts as the door opening and closing can be quite noisy. Book upper rooms
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
What a wonderful, thorough review! This is exactly the kind of guest feedback we all strive for, and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

Being away from home for an extended period of time can takes its toll, and I'm glad our hotel was a comfortable 'home away from home' for you during your three-week stay. I've shared your comments with my team, as they will certainly enjoy reading them.

Many thanks again, and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon!

General Manager, Homewood Suites Plano/Richardson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Waxahachie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I Love this Homewood!!!! It's clean. It's modern. It's geared for the business traveler. This is not a new Homewood, but it looks brand new. I stay at alot of Homewoods and this one is by far, my favorite. Semi close to shopping.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Wow! We're so glad we are your favorite Homewood Suites! That's quite an honor, and we truly appreciate the great feedback. My team and I all work very hard to ensure our guests have a good experience, and it's always nice to hear when we've hit the mark.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Very clean, very nice staff, and very easy to navigate, but the very tasteful decor was fabulous! The lines were clean, and it just wasn't filled with tacky furniture that it looked like they got on bulk sale.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
So glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and of course we're delighted that you like the decor! We take special pride in our hotel, and recently updated our interiors. I hope you were able to enjoy our artwork, too - including the Texas Icons portraiture, as it's truly something that makes us unlike any other hotel.

Thanks again for the wonderful comments, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Everything about my stay was wonderful. The check in was smooth despite the fact that several other guests had arrived for check in just before I had. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. I definitely enjoyed my stay and will certainly book this hotel again for future visits to this area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
This is exactly the kind of guest feedback we like to hear! Many thanks for the great review, and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Our lobby can get pretty busy during peak check-in periods, so I'm glad to hear that despite other guests checking in at the same time, you were able to check in and get up to your suite without delay.

Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Jenks, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

This was my first stay at a Homewood Suites. The hotel was comfortable, quiet and best of all, clean! The free wireless internet actually worked, which I have found to be rare.The beds are comfortable and the free breakfast offered something for any appetite. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Many thanks for the great review, and we're thrilled that our hotel was your first experience with a Homewood Suites hotel! We're very proud of our award-winning hotel, and are so glad you enjoyed your suite, and our services and amenities - including our complimentary breakfast buffet. We certainly hope you will be inclined to choose a Homewood Suites hotel during future trips, but we're biased. ;-)

Thank you again, and we hope to see you again soon!

Indianapolis, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed in a two bedroom suite for a week. Excellent stay. The room was clean. the hotel was clean. The food was great and the staff was friendly. The checkin process was a bit tedious since the elevator broke and got stuck and the our keys would not activate but other than that there wasn't any other issues. Would definitely stay at this location again. Outstanding breakfast and dinner. Proximity to restaurants, shopping, and groceries was good.

Room Tip: Very nice two bedroom suites
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thanks very much for the great review, and we're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I apologize for the issues with the elevator and room keys, but I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our services and accommodations, including our complimentary breakfast and evening reception.

Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Azle, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We ended up here after the Hilton we had reserved overbooked and sent us here. The room was nice, it was a king suite, plenty of room. The only problem was you could hear every time your neighbors flushed the toilet, turned on the water or took a shower. Also they must have been in and out of their room 200 times during the night and you could hear the door slam shut each time. I wish it was a little more sound proof but other than that it was nice. We would stay there again. Breakfast was really good the first morning, not quite as good the 2nd. They had different stuff both mornings.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you very much for your review, and while we're glad you enjoyed our hotel, I do apologize that you were inconvenienced by noise during your stay. Should there ever be anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask. We will always do our best to accommodate you.

I've also forwarded your comments regarding the breakfast buffet to my food and beverage team to look for opportunities to improve our service and offerings.

Thank you again for your comments, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites Plano/Richardson.

General Manager, Homewood Suites Plano/Richardson

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson? Share your experiences!