“Generally good experience!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson

You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2601 E Pres. George Bush Highway, (NE Corner of Jupiter Rd Intersection), Plano, TX 75074   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #1 of 39 Hotels in Plano
Hockley, Texas
“Generally good experience!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for two nights in January 2012 while attending a conference. I greatly appreciated the complimentary wireless and the very clean room. The bed, linens, toiletries, kitchen amenities were all well appointed.

I accepted a room on the top floor, as far from the elevator as possible. I noticed the music playing in the elevator seems extraordinarily loud, and if you are booked on the first floor, I would suggest asking for a room far from the elevator for that reason. The first night, I enjoyed peace and quiet, but the second morning, I was awakened early by repeated banging which seemed to be coming from above me, which didn't make sense, since I was on the top floor. I also heard other guest's televisions sets and toilets flushing throughout the night, so I assume it was more fully booked the second night.

The complimentary breakfast was disappointing the first morning - only sugared cereals, the only yogurt selections available contained aspartame, the oatmeal did not have a ladle, and the biscuits were dried out. I did not see anyone manning the stations. Sunday morning, however, was a complete 180-degrees. Attentive staff, healthy options, necessary utensils, french toast, mini-omelettes, etc. That morning made up for the previous day when I had to catch something to eat enroute to my conference. There was a waffle-machine available that I did not make use of as it was always in use; that would have provided another option.

All in all, I would stay here again, as it was clean and comfortable with easy access to the turnpike.

Room Tip: Book away from the elevator as the muzak is played quite loudly.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson, responded to this review, February 15, 2012
Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor, and my team and I are glad you chose our hotel during your recent visit to the Plano area. We take great pride in providing our guests with a clean, comfortable and convenient experience, and always appreciate feedback.

I do apologize for the inconsistencies you experienced during breakfast. Our goal is to offer our guests a complete, nutritious and delicious breakfast buffet every day, and it looks like we fell short during your stay. I have forwarded your comments to my staff to look for opportunities to provide even better service to our guests. Should you ever have any special dietary requests, please do not hesitate to let us know and we will do our best to accommodate you.

Thank you again for taking the time to review your stay on TripAdvisor, and for choosing our hotel. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites Plano/Richardson.

General Manager, Homewood Suites Plano/Richardson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

This Homewood Suites is located at the NE intersection of George Bush Expressway and Jupiter Road in Plano. Although we hesitated to stay at this location due to planned activities, not only Richardson, but also Lewisville and Carrollton, we found easy access and surprisingly quick travel routes via George Bush to all locations at various times of day and night. The well-lighted, complimentary self parking lot surrounds the hotel and we routinely found a spot under the windows of our 3rd floor room that was close to the entry way near our room. Access into the hotel with luggage was easy and all entrances had ramps to accomodate the luggage carts that could be found at various entrances without fail. The hotel is located near a Burger King and McDonald's (we did not patronize) with a large parking lot well lighted and clean and other than the anti-theft caution signs posted in local hotels apparently by Plano Police Dept., we did not see any sign of activity that would cause unusual concern as to the safety of our vehicle. The hotel is extremely well maintained for a facility experiencing 7 years of use and our family agreed the cleanliness throughout the entire hotel and grounds was remarkable. Elevator service was timely and the utilization of mirrors along the interior provided excellent observation of the inside of the elevator prior to entry. I did notice the music in the halls and elevators seemed a bit too loud but, of course, this is not audible inside the rooms. Laundry facilities on the first floor near the higher numbered rooms was without compromise. The two washers and two dryers provided fine service for $1.00 per load each and laundry products are available at the front desk, also for $1.00. We had reserved a 2 bedroom suite for our family as we routinely do and found it to exceed our expectations as far as size and space. Behind one of two red doors at the end of the hallway, we entered to a small, but nicely done, kitchen area. The full size fridge was on one side with the dining table and three fabric cushioned chairs dividing the kitchen area from the living area. (Found it odd there were not four chairs.) The opposite wall had tasteful, contemporary cabinetry above and below, stocked unusually well with an assortment of glassware and dishes, cookware, etc. The black appliances included a microwave, flat-top cook top, dishwasher, and small stainless sink, all performed without fail and were exceptionally clean. There were paper products and soap supplies located under the sink. The granite counter top along with the light colored wood laminate flooring added to the modern feel. Several mirrors of various sizes and design were tastefully positioned throughout the suite. The remainder of the suite was carpeted with a product that appears in good condition without stains or wear other than a seam that had separated in the larger bedroom. The living area contained an LG HD TV in good repair but I suspect the HD was not activated on any of the 3 TVs. There was some type of gaming controls that we did not have information on nor did we pursue. The sofa was of a material other than fabric, but it was clean and comfortable and linens were provided for the sofa bed which appeared to be full size. There was a chair that I originally thought might be broken due to the state of the bare metal rocker but it functioned fine and was comfortable. Two ottomans provided a coffee table that could be efficiently used for a multitude of purposes. Lighting, windows, and window treatments, were extensive and without need for comment. The king bed room was smaller but adequate with an adjacent full bath with vanity outside the bathtub/ shower-toilet room. The large leather head board was attractive and gave a masculine strength to the room. A smaller dresser held the LG HD TV. The second bedroom was extremely large with 2 queen beds and desk with chair, and a dresser with LG HD TV. Each bedroom had a contemporary ceiling fan and separate climate controls that worked to our desired specifications without difficulty. Three towels sets per bathroom were adequate and the bath towels smelled clean and were more plush and softer than typical hotel towels. Each bathroom had single sink vanities of granite with large mirrors, multiple electrical outlets, and a very efficient additional granite shelf above the vanity. The decorative folds applied to toilet tissue, facial tissues and wash cloths on a daily basis were noticed and appreciated. Each bedroom has a closet with sliding mirrored doors and plentiful wooden hangers. Artwork throughout the suite was a variety of pieces of geometric circular designs. At no point, did we hear noise or experience unpleasant scents. Complimentary wi-fi worked without delay or difficulty. Our stay spanned a Tues-Fri but we had access to evening meal only once due to our schedule. The options provided easily filled the need for an evening meal and included: Pork loin, dressing, green beans, salad, beer, variety of wines, soft drinks, freshly baked cookies. The breakfasts were the usual fare but were of excellent quality and flavor. Eggs, sausage links, potatoes, oatmeal, pastries, waffle maker, juices, fruit, yogurt.The scrambled eggs were actual real eggs each day and were greatly appreciated. The sausage links were void of the typical greasy residue. The friendly dining room staff worked feverishly to keep up with demand and did a great job. The dining area and lobby were tastefully decorated and exceptionally clean at all times. There are several tables on a patio area adjacent to the dining area. The beautiful outdoor pool and hot tub are enclosed in wrought iron fencing nearby. We look forward to a return visit when the weather is warmer when we could try out the pool. We routinely visit the area and always stay where we have access to an indoor pool during the winter months. We have chosen other hotels over this one for years for that reason. As our children have grown, we chose to opt for the larger space in lieu of the indoor pools. We so wish the pools could be heated adequately for swimming during these winter months.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson, responded to this review, January 4, 2012
Thank you very much for the thorough review, and on behalf of my staff, I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We work hard to provide an outstanding experience for all of our guests, and always appreciate when a guest takes the time to post their thoughts on a forum such as TripAdvisor.

I apologize you were not able to view any HD programming on your suite’s televisions. All hotel televisions are HD, and our cable subscription offers a variety of HD channels. I have forwarded your comments to the maintenance team so they can check to ensure all equipment is working properly.

While our swimming pool is not heated (and therefore not available during the winter months), our outdoor spa is heated and available year-round. We also offer a recently-upgraded Fitness Center by Precor, open daily.

I’ve forwarded your comments to my staff, including the housekeeping and food and beverage teams, as they will appreciate the positive feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me or the front desk if there is anything we can do to make future stays more enjoyable.

Thank you again for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Homewood Suites Plano/Richardson.

Happy New Year,
Manama, Bahrain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011 via mobile

We are HHonors Diamond members (and stay in a LOT of Hilton properties worldwide. This is the nicest HS of all, with the most fantastic staff!

• Stayed December 2011
Thank you very much for the great review, and on behalf of my staff, I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We work hard to provide an outstanding experience for all of our guests, and especially appreciate positive feedback from seasoned travelers and HHonors members

I’ve forwarded your comments to my staff, as great reviews are always appreciated.

Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites Plano/Richardson.

Happy New Year,
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

As a Hilton Honors member I often stay at Homewood Suites hotels for long buisiness stays but also for leisure travel due to the extra space and cooking areas. I stayed at this particular hotel during the SuperBowl. It is very nicely decorated in rich wood trim with modern design. Dare I say almost plush and certainly a departure from the typical woodsey lodge feel to most Homewood Suite hotels. Not that there's anything necessarily wrong with that. There is another Homewood Suites about 10 miles away, Homewood Suites Dallas Plano, that friends of mine stayed at. This one is much better. I think this is fairly new construction and my GPS did have a problem finding this place so you might want to call or consult a map.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson, responded to this review, November 21, 2011
Thank you very much for posting your review on TripAdvisor, and on behalf of my staff, I thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Plano/Richardson during your trip to the Super Bowl last February. I’ve forwarded your comments to my staff, as I know they will appreciate the positive feedback. We pride ourselves on providing an upscale experience to all of our guests, and it’s always nice to hear when we’ve hit the mark.

I’m sorry there was an issue with your GPS locating the hotel; we are aware of this situation and looking into a solution to make locating and driving to our property easier for GPS users.

Fontana, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

This is a very nice hotel and is definitely worth staying at if you are in the area. The hotel is rather new, and very clean. The rooms are large and very comfortable, and they have large 47 inch TV's in the living room. They do not have the Golf Channel, however, but they do have HDNET. The hotel is located off of the Bush Tollway, so there is a highway nearby and the noise from the road can be heard, especially when you are at the pool. It isn't that bad though, because the traffic is never that heavy on the toll road. The pool area is really nice and great for those hot Texas days. The breakfast and dinner area is very nice and functional. The bathroom is nice and functional and in good condition. Overall, this is a really good choice, and I will be booking this hotel again for a stay about a month from now.

Room Tip: Stairwells are always nice to be next to, and away from the highway.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson, responded to this review, September 30, 2011
Thanks very much for the feedback, and I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It sounds like you were able to experience much of what our hotel has to offer, and we agree that our pool area is perfect for a hot Texas day (we had too many of those this summer!). I’ve shared your comments with my staff, as a positive review is always appreciated.

Thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites Plano/Richardson next month.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

The Homewood Suites in Plano/Richardson is a very nice hotel! The decor is very modern and this is by far the nicest Homewood Suites I've stayed in. Complimentary breakfast and dinner is provided. The rooms are equipped with DVD players in addition to the standard amenities (refrigerator, microwave, dishes, small dining table). The staff didn't go out of their way to welcome me and my travel companion, but that wasn't an issue for me. I have to return to Richardson in October and plan to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson, responded to this review, September 14, 2011
Thanks very much for the review, and we’re so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We’re especially glad to hear we’re the nicest Homewood Suites you’ve stayed in, and really appreciate the positive feedback.

I’ve forwarded your comments to my staff, as we all work hard to provide the best guest experience possible. I’ve also let them know to ensure we are always going out of our way to make every guest feel at home, and I hope you feel that way during your next stay with us.

If there’s anything else we can do to make future stays more enjoyable, please just let me know – we look forward to welcoming you back in October.

General Manager, Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano/Richardson
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

As a frequent traveler, for both pleasure and business, I'm finding that I can always rely on the following motto for finding a great hotel to stay at: "pick the newest hotel you can find".

This Homewood Suites fit the motto perfectly. I've stayed at Homewood Suites before in other cities, but this one blows them all out of the water. In fact, for the nightly rate (had I paid instead of using reward points), this hotel pretty much beats most of the properties I've stayed at, including some high-end 4 or 5 star hotels in Vegas. The property is probably less than five years old and has been maintained very well. Many of the lesser Homewood Suites I've stayed at have gone with a very traditional decor, but this one is much more modern, such that it gives an upscale appearance.

I booked a single King suite and was very pleased with the layout of the suite upon entering. While I have stayed in larger suites at other Homewoods, this one was very spacious and cozy. The dining and living/working area are separate from the bedroom and bathroom and partitioned by double-doors, which really helps in the evening when it is time to get some shut eye. In more traditional non-suite hotels, it can be very distracting to sleep at night with laptops and smartphones within plain view, so being able to shut the doors to the bedroom really allows you to focus on sleep.

Room amenities are all very standard Hilton-esque: Neutrogena bath products, plenty of clean towels, big comfortable bed with plenty of sheets and blankets, more than enough pillows, flat screens in the bedroom and the living area. I was quite surprised that this location actually had HD programming on the televisions, as some hotels seem to think a flat-screen and standard-definition programming is acceptable. I found that there were ample electrical outlets for my laptop and smartphone chargers. The free wireless internet was decent, but not fast enough for someone used to cable broadband. A nice bonus was that both windows opened. The weather while I was visiting was unusually cool in the evenings (for Texas summer), so I got to enjoy some outside air.

There are a few things that I need to mention, though:
First, the location of the hotel is directly off the access road of SH 190/Pres. George Bush Turnpike, so the main "front" entrance can only be accessed while driving from East to West (meaning you'll need to go to the closest street east of the hotel and travel west down the access road to access it from the front). There is a rear entrance to the hotel located directly off Jupiter Rd., which also gives you access to McDonalds and Burger King.

Next, the walk to/from the elevators is a bit far. Given the layout of the hotel, I can understand why, but I think this is worth mentioning. It isn't an issue for me, but those who cannot make a repeated long walk should ask for a room closer to the lobby.

Overall, I am extremely satisfied with my stay here. I can almost think of staying at this Homewood Suites as staying in a luxury apartment. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: The elevators make a distinctive chime sound, so pick a room away from them if you like quiet.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson, responded to this review, September 12, 2011
Many thanks for posting your review on TripAdvisor – my staff and I really appreciate the very thorough feedback. It sounds like you were able to take advantage of our hotel’s many amenities, and I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We take a lot of pride in offering our guests the best hotel experience possible and truly appreciate it when a guest lets us know we’ve exceeded their expectations.

I’ve noted your comments regarding the hotel’s internet speed and will follow-up with our carrier to improve speed and service. Also, if you’d like a suite closer to the elevators during your next stay with us, please don’t hesitate to let the front desk know – we will always do our best to accommodate you.

Thanks again for your review – we look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites Plano/Richardson.

General Manager, Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano/Richardson

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson? Share your experiences!