“Best Dim Sum I Have Had In Texas” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #198 of 667 Restaurants in Plano
Cuisines: Chinese
Lewisville, Texas
“Best Dim Sum I Have Had In Texas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My family has eaten dim sum for years, in multiple cities. We have tried a few other places in Temple, Austin and the Dallas area. This place, far and away, has the best dim sum we have had in Texas. A decent variety of items, all served at the correct temperature by attentive servers. It was certainly bustling when we were there on a Sunday afternoon.

If you are looking for very good dim sum in the Dallas area, this restaurant should be one of your choices. My only minor criticism is that there seemed to be a slightly limited variety of items available. I'm not sure this a consistent problem or because we dined at the end of the typical morning to early afternoon dim sum serving period.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

sanbao184
“dallas dim sum and more”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

After living in Asia, then Atlanta, I have got used to pretty good Asian food. Other than one noodle shop in Garland, most what I've tried in the Dallas area has ranged from the typical hybrid Asian fare infused with msg and god knows what else, to food that was hard to recognize as Asian, or even food in some cases. I had dumplings at one over priced joint that must have been made of library paste. I don't know what else it could have been.

Finding J.S. Chen's was a stroke of luck. A Thai acquaintance heard my grumbling about the sorry dim sum I have eaten in the Dallas area and told me to give J.S Chen's a try. My lucky day. The steamed dumplings were as good as any I had in China, except maybe those prepared by a ninety plus year old grandma in rural Jiangxi province. The rice stuffed Dungeness crab was perfectly cooked and enough to feed two at least. And the dim sum was as good as any I have had in the U.S. I was not wild about the filling in the sweet cream filled buns, but everything else was superb.

They do not serve booze, but you can brown bag beer from the Asian grocery next door or bring you own wine if you want.

Glad to find this place. A little expensive compared to my favorite noodle shop but worth the extra to get food this good.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Diego
“Dim Sum served "piping" cold”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The price and the taste of the dim sum here was pretty good. However, the one thing about dim sum that is difficult to tolerate is for it to be served cold when it should be hot. This a genuine dim sum parlor located in an Asian market mall, just off the 75 Hwy. in Plano. I was tickled and pleased to find it with the help of Yelp. It was at noon on a Sunday, with a decent number of customers. So the food coming out should have been warmer rather than cold. The restaurant needs to invest in carts that are better designed to keep their dishes warm.

Visited June 2012
McKinney, Texas
“Very Good Dim Sum Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

When you are standing outside, the place looks small, all that changes when you walk in and everything opens up! We went on a Sunday after friends who had already been there highly recommended this new Dim Sum place. It was packed but our reservations were honored and we were promptly seated. Servers came out and took our drink orders (No Alcohol) and provided stemmed wine glasses for the bottle of bubbly we brought along for a celebration.
Then the party started as cart after cart of delectable dim sum offerings came. The variety was well planned and cheerfully placed on table. We ate so much we could not move (the objective in the first place) and unfortunately had to pass on the desserts which looked great.
Highly recommend this Dim Sum establishment - plenty of free parking in front (Plus you can go around to the Asian markets and fill up your fridge & pantry).

• Visited March 2012