“Pleasant surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Vegan, Vegetarian
Dallas, Texas
“Pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

Basic, but much better than expected. If someone blindfolded me I never would have known it was a vegan restaurant. A healthy alternative than actually tastes appealing.

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

St Louis
“Good, fast, cheap vegan food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011 via mobile

I'm visiting my parents and needed a vegan fix bad. I found cafe elite and went for an early lunch. The food was great but it was empty and my waitress was a little anxious and hovering. I ate the summer roll which was very fresh. I also ordered the portabella mushroom wrap which came with a small soup and choice of chips or salad, I chose the salad. The soup of the day was cabbage and awesome! The wrap was great with perfectly cooked shrooms an fresh peppers and lettuce for a crunch. The side salad was fresh and good but nothing out of this world. I could have done without the summer roll if I would have known how large the portion would be. The food tasted great and it was a bargain at just $10.50!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“Plano Vegetarian option”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

I don't know what you have to do to make a vegan restaurant successful in carnivorous Plano, but this place isn't doing it. Food was edible, and I would go back with vegetarians, simply because of a lack of other choices. A little more care to make the entrees a little more flavorful, with a more appealing presentation, might help.

• Visited October 2011