“New Chef Tre Wilcox is amazing!!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Entertaining clients, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“New Chef Tre Wilcox is amazing!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2009

New Chef Tre Wilcox is amazing!!

Dallas, Texas
“Wanna be. May be ok for shallow types in Plano, but I'm not going back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2009

$14 glasses of wine too high for the experience. Service was so-so on both times I went there, and I just don't "get it." There are far more interesting places to go in Plano and Frisco. There seems to be an attitude among waiters and bar people, and I like a more friendly, welcoming place when I'm overpaying for my drinks.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
mckinney
“Horrible Experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2009

We were with a group of friends in their 40's on a Friday night when STAFF CALLED PLANO POLICE on a female friend with our group and had her arrested for drunk in public even though they continued to serve her alcohol on her open tab in the bar. Staff told female friend they were sending her home in a cab, but had her arrested once she stepped outside the door. We would have taken her home if we knew there was an issue, but we were not given the chance.
Futhermore the food is over-rated and served luke-warm, plus DJ will not play requests.

Plano
“profilers”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2009

This place started out pretty cool. Then came the cover charge, followed by the "dress code", and finally the goon at the door. After having frequented the place on a number of occasions and befriending some of the bar and other staff (even getting on the almighty you get to hang upstairs pseudo VIP list), I was completely taken aback by the sudden "exclusive" cloak that it now operates under. I can understand the cover charge, because I did notice that the place got a little crowded with more people watchers than patrons, but placing a goon at the door to administer the dress code policy is ridiculous. Not only did he fluctuate between what was and wasn't acceptable, he obviously has no sense of fashion. After being turned away without a valid or intelligent explanation, I watched as others were turned away for the same veiled reason, our jeans were "straight leg and too loose". Since when did Ralph Lauren start making "baggy" jeans? And didn't baggy jeans go out in the early 90's along with MC Hammer? Are you serious? I'm supposed to wear rocker/femine skinny jeans or something? To top it off, I saw guys on the patio with jeans more "loose" or "baggy" than mine. I'll give you one guess as to the commonality between myself and the others that were turned away... times up... we're black. I tried to ask the doorgoon if there was some other reason, or if he thought I was a thug, but he gave not answer and instead, tried to bait me into an argument... classy. So, if you are into venturing to "exclusive" lounges that lack diversity. check out this classless establishment.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Such a great atmosphere...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2008

Such a great atmosphere, and a diverse and unique menu. Loved it!