“Our Family loved this hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #19 of 39 Hotels in Plano
River Ridge, La
“Our Family loved this hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2008

We attended a concert (OzzFest) in Frisco about 6 miles from the hotel. We had a 2 bedroom suite.It was really nice for us to have alittle extra space & privacy. The hotel is being renovated but that didn't effect the area we were in. The beds were super comfortable. The staff is excellent- very friendly, gave helpful hints on dining & directions. Pool was clean and a welcome break from 100+ heat wave. A full kitchen is great for picky eaters and to cut back on the expense of eating out every meal. Breakfast included cereal & fruit, plus juice & milk. Try the Purple Cow Diner in Plano, it was our favorite meal.
We will look Towneplace Suites on our next vacation.

• Liked — 2 separate bedrooms w/ queen beds
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2008

We stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks in July with three children (including a newborn baby) on vacation.

The staff at the hotel was incredibly friendly and helpful to us with every request we had over the two week period, ranging from helping us get our laundry washed to bringing extra towels to the pool to helping us find activities for our kids.

While the decor is a bit dated, the hotel is in the process of doing a major overhaul of the rooms which (I think) will be done by the end of Summer 2008. The photos we saw of the new rooms and common areas look great, and fully in line with what you would expect from a renovated hotel property. (e.g. flat panel TVs, plush couches, etc.)

The hotel is also a great location in Plano, close to a number of shopping areas, restaurants, etc in Plano & Frisco.

• Liked — Well run hotel with great staff.
  • Stayed July 2008
Hudson Valley
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2008

Decent place. Good location/ I always seemed to have to ask for things... a 2nd soap (only had 1 when I checked in), more salt & dishwasher tabs for kitchen... more coffee after a couple of days.. seemed like they just cleaned (which was done OK, not great). I dropped a magazine on the floor under the table, and I noticed iot still there after 3 days..... Friendly office staff, but annoyed when after a market trip at the emd of a work day, neither of my card keys worked. I was told, that it expired after 7 days.... WHY?? I was checked in for 2 weeks.

The room also had some plastic looking stain on the carpet and smelled a bit off, like old smoke just upon entering, but I didn;t notice after I was inside.

Bed was clean and comfortable, bathroom clean with a decent shower

After all this, you may ask, why 3 stars?? I have seen allot lately, and it's really a 2.5.. but I was told they are about to start renovations, building by building, so they are trying.

• Stayed June 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Montgomery
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2008

I stayed two nights. I could litterally hear every single thing my neighbor said--clearly. In other hotels I have stayed in, you might sometimes hear a muffled voices through the walls. But, I heard the neighbors clear as day. It was like they were in the same room I was. They also stayed up all night talking, which made it more unpleasant since they were up when I was trying to sleep.

Other than that, everything was great! It was clean, the front-desk staff were exceptionally nice and the area is safe. The complimentary breakfast is really just a room full of cheap eats. They have a waffle maker, cold cereal, the juice machine, bread/toast, and that's about it.

• Liked — Proximity to Family
  • Disliked — Neighbor Noise
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
Blanchard, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2008

Well, the TownePlace Suites in Plano is almost like our home away from home. We usually stay here or at the Residence Inn which is right next door , when we come to the Dallas/Plano area.

We love the area. We like to walk and the area around this property is very nice. We feel very comfortable walking in this area.

However - the property is becoming run down. The bathroom, though clean, is looking worn. The floor was stained. We have no complaints about the overall cleanliness of the room. It is nice having a frig & microwave. We don't usually cook when we're there but the stove was clean but worn. The dishwasher rack was caddywompus when we loaded our dirty glasses so my husband had to really work with it to get it back in.

My biggest complaint was that it was so WARM. I never could get the room to cool down. It's March for goodness sake! Too warm even with the AC on and fan running continuously. This was my complaint the last time we were here in June of 2007.

We didn't eat breakfast there. By the time we got down, there wasn't much left to choose from and it was VERY crowded.

The biggest plus is the people. All the employees are so friendly, helpful and nice.

• Liked — The area and the employees
  • Disliked — Temperature control
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cary, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2008

Not up to the usual Marriott standards. Rooms are cramped; carpets are dirty; and towels feel like sandpaper. The elevator always smelled like insecticide. Breakfast is unimaginative, and the chairs are covered in plastic! Don't stay here unless you have to.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2008

This hotel has bed bugs!!! My husband has over 70 bites. Although they moved him to another property...gee thanks! They would not pay to have his clothes drycleaned. According to the latest bed bug website...you should dryclean all clothes and there is still a chance you might bring them home with you!!! He had to throw away his suitcase when he got home too. He is a business traveler that stays over 50+ nights a year in Marriott properties and will be changing to another hotel frequent guest program. GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!! The hotel mgr even called him the next day to say that this was a MINOR infestation and this has never happened before. Whatever....

• Liked — rate and location
  • Disliked — bedbugs
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to TownePlace Suites Dallas Plano? Share your experiences!