“Very good” 4 of 5 stars

Weekend Savings!
Ranked #20 of 37 Hotels in Plano
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Nice comfortable beds i slept very well bathrooms were spacious enough kind Of loud but that shouldn't be that big of a problemUnique deceration it was very modern looking some may like it some may not pearsonoaly I loved it Excellent breakfast nice choice tasted very good

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Our company had a business meeting at the Holiday Inn Express in Plano. I worked long distance with Shivani Jodhka. She was phenomenal! Very organized and efficient, and a pleasure to work with. The service overall at the hotel was top notch, and everyone at the hotel went over and above. I've planned a number of these events across the country, and this hotel was the only one my boss wanted to make sure I gave an excellent review.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Wichita Falls Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

We arrived late in the evening and left early so we didn't get to try the breakfast. The check in was quick, the clerk was friendly and the room was very clean and comfortable. We would definitely stay again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

The decor was pretty cool. Definitely something different than a standard hotel. We stayed 2 nights and housekeeping never left any towels for us. The breakfast in the morning was the worst. It was over at 10, but expect everything to be gone around 9:30.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Plano, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Janie T,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased that you liked our hotel decor. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class customer service and it is my regret that we fail to deliver an exemplary performance in this context. I'm sorry to see you received service that was less than satisfactory. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Lera M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Bossier City, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Pretty nice hotel,very clean. Extremely friendly staff. The decor of the hotel is a strange combination of art dec and 1920s movie studio. And while decor is not one of my strengths, it was indeed noticeable. Breakfast was standard for HIEx and the coffee was a bit substandard, but I do tend to be picky about coffee. If you must be in Plano, this is a good plce to stay.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
3101_HIEPlano, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Plano, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Hello
I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave comments about my hotel. We do have an eclectic décor that does get your attention and is not your standard Holiday Inn Express. As a coffee snob myself I get what you are saying and have followed up with my coffee provider about how we are brewing. Hopefully you will notice a difference on you next stay.
Your time is appreciated
CDennis
gm@hiplano.com
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights while my husband was in Plano for work. The hotel is very quite and comfy. The rooms are spacious and decor is very tasteful. The room has a large desk, sitting chair with lamp, the king bed had 2 reading lights as wells as lamps on both side tables. The TV was awesome and there was planty of drawer and bathroom storage space. Very comfortable for 2 people. The service was very nice and not bothersome.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
San Jose
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

My boyfriend and I had been on the road for four nights, I hadn't gotten sleep in five (stressing about packing up our apartment and driving across country). This hotel was so comfy and quiet, I got my first full night's sleep of the trip.

I'd stayed at a Holiday Inn Express before, but it was nothing compared to this particular location. It was so fancy and new. The lobby is done in this simultaneously retro and modern design that is so awesome. They had the craziest lamps I've ever seen on the hallway walls. The dining room/meeting room was really lovely and well kept. Our room was very spacious and pristine, though they have this funny obsession with reading lamps. They were coming out of the headboard, even out of some of the lamps. It was a great amenity, especially if you have a family (my family always keeps me up with their lights when we're sharing a hotel room) but it was kind of funny... I wanted to ask the lamp "... is that a reading light, or are you just happy to see me?"

Breakfast was good, the same as you get at any Holiday Inn Express. Good variety, not all starch. We got down half an hour before the end of breakfast and grabbed the last two cinnamon rolls, then they turned off the warmer. I don't know... is half an hour too early to put out a new tray of rolls? Maybe. We were just glad that we'd gotten some.

I visited the little store they have to search for toothpaste. We'd accidentally left our toothpaste and tooth brushes in our old apartment in Boston, and finally got some toothpaste in Nashville (Our 3rd night! We were using Scope, but still...) but then we left it in New Orleans!! I was desperate for toothpaste, but I didn't see any. But the magical woman at the desk GAVE ME SOME for FREE and I almost kissed her. But I didn't. Because I hadn't brushed my teeth in what seemed like forever. She was an angel from abooooooooooooove!!! SHE WAS THE TOOTH FAIRY.

You could tell this was a place for businessmen. It was blissfully quiet at night, and very sleek and clean. I felt really nice when I left. For the price, it was a steal in quality and comfort, and all the workers we met were friendly and helpful. If you have complaints here, you haven't experienced the surprises of other hotels on the road. A big thumb's up from me, and a beautiful clean smile as well.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express North Plano? Share your experiences!