“Nice rooms I would prefer a different bed” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano

You added Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano
2.5 of 5 Condominium   |   2900 North Dallas Parkway, Plano, TX 75093 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
“Nice rooms I would prefer a different bed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are spacious and well laid out..The staff was nice..I stayed one night..I did have trouble sleeping on the bed honestly...The bed is different than other hotels I have stayed at..This is a very large hotel, with generous parking..The A/C I had some trouble with it cooling, but not bad enough to raise significant concerns..I picked this hotel based on price and location.. So for the price paid the hotel was about what I expected..

• Stayed April 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for providing such positive feedback. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay, though I am sorry that you found the bed to be a bit uncomfortable. I am pleased to inform you that we are in the process of addressing that very concern by replacing our bedding in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Never again. Giant cockroaches in kitchen and even in bed with me this a.m. Towels like sandpaper, stained and smelly furniture and carpets. Broken door locks. Cigarette smells even in non-smoking rooms. Broken dishwasher. Gang fight in parking lot. Seriously! But a decent showerhead.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. I understand the dishwasher and door lock did not function properly during your stay. Plus you had some issues with cleanliness. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your comments. To prevent this from happening again, I will work closely with my team to ensure future guest satisfaction.

Should you wish to discuss this further, I welcome you to contact me directly, at dpo@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will give us a second chance, and return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Crowley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Although upon arrival I have to wait for hours for my room Because the maid despite already being rented did not go and clean the room right away to make it available The staff was very friendly and very helpful If they did not have what I asked for it they were able to locate it quickly will tell me how to get it The second week of my stay there was an issue with my credit card but there was no big deal about it Beast at work cooperatively along with my bank to figure out the computer situation that somehow Lost my payment I was still goven access to my room and not Harassed And despite it being weekend everybody was very well mannered and kept good humor Which is even amazing for America express Representatives The location is in a very nice and decent area Which makes the price I'm legal considering the one in Fort Worth is twice the price and in not such a nice area

• Stayed April 2013
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that you had to wait for your room at check in. You also mentioned a billing issue. To prevent things like this from happening again, my team is working hard to improve their communication amongst one another. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you taking the time to reflect on your stay with us. I invite you to contact me at dpo@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We are glad you have enjoyed your stay with us, and hope you will keep us in mind in the future.
Incline Village, Nv
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

A couple of years ago my husband and were very dissatisfied with this hotel after a stay there and decided we would not return. Time heals all wounds, I guess, because we did it again. My husband was there first and stayed from March 15-20. He was very pleased with his room and the surroundings on the 4th floor. He and I came back on March 22 for four more nights. We were given a room on the first floor which was in bad shape. Torn up vinyl covering over chair back, torn carpet, cracked toilet bowl, a lot of dust on furniture and appliances. The a.m. of March 23 we requested a room change. Isabel was uncertain about whether or not another king room would be open, so she told us to check back. We did and were told there was nothing. Okay, we tried again the a.m. of March 24. Isabel claimed the "only" king room open was an accessible room next to the exercise room. Enough. We checked out a day early and moved to a Comfort Inn & Suites (where we were very happy).

Each a.m. we attempted to get clean towels but they were always still in the dryer. So, we tried getting them in the evening. Karen, at the front desk, claimed she had "just" put a load in the dryer (a little after 8:00 p.m.). I was surprised there were no available bath towels by that time of the evening. I expressed my surprise and disappointment in the fact it would be difficult to shower without having a towel to dry off. She told me it would be even harder to dry off with a wet towel and to come back later. That is customer service?

After reading so many negative reviews of this particular Extended Stay Deluxe and responses to those reviews by the management, as well as our previous communication by written letter in the past to management, it is very clear nothing has been done in attempt to improve service and surroundings. There appears to be a lack of concern over losing business. I understand there are many business travelers contracted with that hotel for good rates. All of them must only be placed into rooms like my husband's stay from March 15-20. My husband had no idea how lucky he was!

I was tempted to contact the city health department to come look at the first floor hallway, as well as the piles of trash that were left for days. There was a turd (hopefully from a dog) in the first floor hallway from the evening of the 23rd to the morning of the 25th. There were dead cockroaches left in the hallway. Maybe there is no cleaning crew for the first floor or the stairwells where the trash was stinking and piled up?

This time it is seared into our brains to never stay at that hotel again. We are budget travelers but this place is an example of you get what you pay for.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize for your unfortunate experience. It was embarrassing to read the comments you posted, and want you to know that we do value our guests. Due to the condition of the room you were given, I understand you requested to be moved to a different King room type. Since our availability has been extremely limited recently, we did not have another King room available, so I do apologize for not being able to accommodate your request. I can tell you that the room you stayed in has since been put out of service, pending repairs to the carpet and replacement of the recliner. Once again, thank you for bringing this to my attention. You also mentioned trash in the stairway and hallway for days at a time. In response to this, I want you to know that I have coached my team to ensure that trash and debris are removed on a daily basis. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I hope that you will contact me directly, at dpo@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further.
Arlington, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This was my first stay at this facility and definetly my last. I usually end up booking a decent room through Priceline but this is the worst experience I've ever had. I stayed here the weekend of march 8th 2013. We checked in at 6:15 p.m and a room was not clean yet we had to wait. Once the room was done we were given the key and I asked the cleaning lady exiting the room at the time if the linens were changed on the bed. She said no,that they are only changed every 7 days not when there is a new guest. I informed the front desk and requested new linens. We were leaving but would be back in a couple of hours to give the, time to do this. When we came back at 9 p.m. It was still not done. The linens, and only the sheets, not the mattress pad, blankets or pillowcases were finally changed at 10 p.m.

At this time a new night crew was coming so the request from the previous employee were not provided to the new crew. The door would not lock when we left the room and we were told a maintenance man would come on Sunday to repair the lock. Every time we left the room we had to take all of our belongings so they wouldn't be stolen. Neither our safety or personal comforts were a priority to this facility. I truly believe we got what we paid for and am so disappointed that Priceline saw this a a 2 star rating. It should not even be a hotel they send customers too.

Is you are ok with flea infested, dirty facilities at a cheap price, then this is the place for you.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies. You mentioned that your room was not available at the time of arrival. After further investigation, I can tell you that the room type you initially reserved was readily available. It is my understanding that you requested a larger room once you arrived, so we arranged to have a different room type cleaned for you. I realize that waiting is still an inconvenience, which is why my staff waived our normal upgrade fee. I would also like to address your concerns about the cleanliness of the bed in your suite. First, please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to provide all guests with a clean, comfortable room. Specifically, standard operating policy is that linens are always replaced with fresh, clean bedding before a new guest checks in. When you spoke to the housekeeper, I believe she was trying to explain that rooms are cleaned once per seven days, if occupied by the same guest for one week or more. That having been said, I recognize the issue you have brought to my attention and have discussed it with hotel staff and management. It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

When travel to Plano Texas for my personal experience the following deserve an excellent rating:

1) Value-Extremely Price competitive combined with high value.
2) Place & Location-Centrally located in West Plano. Within minutes of the business park off
3) Staff-Very Friendly & Extremely helpful;Kelly, Karin, Mike, Teresa, Ryan,Isabel

My background in travel is very extensive for example 1.6Million Lifetime Miles on American Airlines & over 10,000 Nights stayed in hotels.

David

Room Tip: -Selected King Room when available
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

The good - The rooms are clean.
The bad - The rooms are very small. no computer. that is not a breakfast!
The Ugly - I had an employee in the hotel for 6 nights. I thought I had booked through the 8th, but made a mistake. I did everything I could to get a room booked and finally did it on the Extended Stay website - That did not work, my empoyee who had been their for the past 6 nights needed a credit card. Nothing at all the nice lady could do and I cancelled the reservation. I moved Glenn to the Comfort Inn in Plano, bigger rooms, hot breakfast and computer use - Less money. Thank you Extended Stay for refusing my employee - He's much happier at the Confort Inn.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you were not able to extend your employee's reservation. In response to your feedback, I will follow up with my staff to see why we were not able to extend your reservation. I can assure you that my staff will receive proper coaching. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at dpo@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano? Share your experiences!