“Anniversary Dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Anniversary Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I chose The Keg after having eaten at one in the Seattle area and really enjoying it. The service was great, a very romantic setting. It was a little loud, as we were seated near the servers' station. The food was wonderful. I had the prime rib and my wife had the filet. Both were prepared very good and had lots of flavor. When our server found out it was our anniversary, we were greeted by the manager who congratulated us on our day and brought us a creme brûlée and two glasses of champagne on the house. We had a great time and will certainly go back.

Dallas Texas
“Once great, now not so impressive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

The steaks here used to sing classic, the burgers were over the moon, and the service was superb, but the last two visits here all fell far short of their standard. They went from a great meal to very pedestrian, and sad to say, lost us as customers. I shop for value and that just wasn't there as it once was.

Visited January 2012
texas
“Slow, inattentive service ruined night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I have always enjoyed the food here but this last time was just horrible service and bad food. Our server never was around, received wrong salads which took him 20 minutes to replace. Took 45 minutes to get our food. It was cooked wrong. The server made our night bad

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Birthday Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I signed up for their e-mails and have gotten $25 off for my birthday the last two years.

Ate at the bar yesterday and had their Prime Rib Classic* Hand-carved with horseradish and au jus. (10 oz) 26.95 along with a beer. Careful the horseradish is HOT! Some of the strongest I've ever had!

A decent selection of beers on tap, not many but enough to suit most people's tastes.

The bartender David was attentive, however, he seemed intent on having a conversation with a co-worker rather than look after my needs at first. It may have been his manager, since he wasn't dressed like the wait staff.

The ceasar salad (inclueded in the price) was very good with a nice amount of fresh cheese bits/slices on top, not too many croutons.

The prime rib seemed larger than 10 oz. and had a good chunk of fat on it, but it is prime rib afterall. I asked for it medium (Med ium - Warm, pink center.printed on their menu) and it came out rare (Rare - Cool center, bright red throughout.) in my opinion.

I didn't send it back because by the time I had eaten my salad, bread and the generous portion of button mushrooms that came with the meal, I new I would be taking it home. It would finish cooking as I warmed it up in the microwave.

The meal came with roasted red & yellow peppers, baby squash and asparagus which were very tasty..

Overall a really decent meal for the $26.95 price.

The folks next to me ordered a shrimp cocktail ($10.95) which looked like it came with 4-5 large shrimp and seemed like a good deal. They also ordered two orders of garlic cheese toast ($4.95) the second because they liked the first one so well.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Plano, Texas
“Strange flavors”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The food is just weird. Escargot with curry, creative but I really didn't go for it. The salad had some weird spice on it too.

Visited August 2012