“Food always good. Friendly service. Prices are less expensive than other Thai restaurants. I had great experience at Ze” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Zenna Thai & Japanese Restaurant

Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
McKinney, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Lynn, my server has always been very friendly and attentive. Prices are less expensive than other Thai restaurants. Food always good. I had great experience at Zenna, Plano TX.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

McKinney, Texas, United States
“Worse service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

These people have misleading pricing on their menu. If you go there, once you receive your bill, request to have the menu back to doublecheck if the price on the bill matches the price on the menu. They overcharge their customers and that is how they make money. They have no integrity what so ever.
After I received the bill and noticed that I was overcharged for every items I ordered, I asked for the manager. The manager shows up and he looked like a high school student who barely spoke English. He was speaking over me and giving excuses why the price was higher. All he could say is that there is a sign at the front stating that the prices have increased and that the price has increased for over a year now. I asked him why they never updated their menus with their new prices and they said that they ordered new menus and it is being shipped (which is a lie).
I asked for the owner. He went in the back and came back saying that the owner said he was busy and that I should pay the bill as stated so no need for negociation. I told him that I was not going to pay until the prices on the bill matched the prices listed in the menu. Then the manager started to threaten me that he will call the cops. During the conversation, a young lady comes in and whispers in his ear. Then the manager asked me to sit tight and that he will be back.
5 minutes later, two cops walked in. That manager called the cops on me because he could not adjust that bill according to what they advertise on their menu. I explained that to the cop and the cop asked the manager to give me back the difference in cash and he ended up honoring the price on the menu.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE…. Do not step in to that restaurant. If you do, please check your bill. They will overcharge you. Worse service ever. The managers are completely uneducated.

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Plano, Texas
“this place should be investigated”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

One of the worst places we have ever eaten. Our food was cold and nasty...not good at all. We did not eat any of it and complained to the manager. Instead of comping the bill we had to pay for food that was horrilbe and never touched. That is not right or how you keep customers. Judging from the people eating in the restaruant I dont think they would know good food it it hit them. This was our first time there and this is what we got. The place was dirty and looked like it had many health violations. If you are one of the people writing good reviews that the food was great you must have been paid for your review. It was unnaceptable and inapproriate what we experienced.

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
texas
“Uh Waiter, Waiter...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Let me set the scene:

Walked into a nice dimly lit, yet attractive restaurant, and passed by the sushi bar, condensation obscuring most of my view of the large hunks of plastic wrapped sushi. I noticed only four different types of fish, and surmised that the sushi was not ordered often.
There were only two seated tables, so I could assume quick service on this Father's Day.

The bus boy showed up at our table of four (2 adults, 2 children) with two small bowls of miso soup. Our waiter delivered 4 menus, took our drink orders and didn't return for 10 minutes. Upon his return we placed an order for teriyaki bento, for the kids while making our choices. The menu is a mix of Japanese and Thai, but all are served in bento boxes.

The waiter returned with drinks, but missing my gin Martini. About ten minutes later showed up with a small plate of 3 teriyake skewers and placed it directly in front of our 1 yr. old daughter and was gone?! Then returned several minutes later with another plate of skewers and again placed them in front of our 1 yr. old. We only ordered one bento box I said. Oh, I'm sorry, and he placed it on the seated table across from us. He took our orders of food. I asked him about my martini and he said he'd check on it.

Meanwhile a few other tables had arrived, then their drinks, appetizers, and meals. I asked a passing waitress if she could check on my drink. She said she would find our waiter. Finally about 1 hour into services our waiter arrives with our bento boxes, but no martini, and explained that they didn't have a bartender and asked if I wanted him to make it?! No thanks I replied. By this time the kids were done, and five minutes later we were searching for our waiter for take home boxes and the check.

Normally I don't write bad reviews, but by the end of the "meal" all I had were images of Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Great Food Overshadows the Spotty Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

I've gone to Zenna's a multitude of times and have always enjoyed the food. Everyone I reccommended it to have also enjoyd it. Go during happy hour for the sushi and drinks. The drunken noodles (moderately spicy) is the best thing my tongue has tasted in quite sometime. I have to be careful when I order sushi here because it's so good I can spend quite amount of money. The restaurant is never full but parking is a little hectic. The service is kinda spotty as well. But I would highly reccommend it to anyone just for the food! And they are open and will deliver till 3am!

• Visited May 2012