“STAY HERE” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 37 hotels in Plano
San Antonio, Texas
“STAY HERE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Overall this is just one of the nicest hotels I have stayed in. The staff reall makes this hotel, Joel, Tim, and Sean were just a few of the people we met, but they really stood out. Rooms are spacious and clean, hotel is close to the mall and many restaurants. Breakfast was good. Overall just a great stay!

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
tdfor099, General Manager at Comfort Suites Plano, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel and your experience. We greatly appreciate your comments and will use them to continue to provide the highest level of service. We hope to see you again soon.

36 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

The Comfort Suites Plano is really a wonderful place to stay. Great location, easy access, extremely clean, friendly and helpful staff, a fresh room that looks and smells great, and a super breakfast. It is obvious they work to keep this place looking great and the staff is customer focused. We stayed there for a wedding on the floor with others from the wedding party. It was quiet and peaceful in spite of all the coming and going. I should probably mention the internet connection was fast and one of the best I have experienced at a motel, the TV was excellent and the fitness center was modern. Not much more to say.....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
tdfor099, General Manager at Comfort Suites Plano, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay with us. It is always a pleasure to hear when we have exceeded our guests' expectations. Your kind words have been passed on to the team and we hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I needed a place to stay just for a night. I needed a hotel that was clean, safe and well awesome. Comfort suites Plano was just that. I loved the location. It was a reasonable price. I heard no noise and had a good nights rest. This hotel is well maintained and honestly for this being my first time to stay here. It exceeded my expectations.Greg at the front desk was so helpful and friendly. Which is another great thing. I would most definitely recommend this hotel to anyone !

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. We greatly appreciate your thoughts and your appreciation has been passed on to Greg. We hope to have you stay with us again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

I truly enjoyed my stay at this hotel! I was in my way to the Dallas area for a wedding. I first booked a room in Corsicana because my husband and I had worked all day and wanted to stop and get a few hours of sleep before checking into this hotel. I checked into that hotel and there were bugs in my room! I already wrote a review about that hotel and called choice hotels and reported them. So I called and Joel answered the phone and gave me a really good rate!! I totally understand that he couldn't give me the rate I already had for the other two nights. I was totally fine with that because I work for a hotel as well. But he got me a really good price and i love the hotel. We get there which Corsicana is about an hour and a half from this hotel but we got there! We check in and I wanted to fall over! The rooms were amazing!! Plenty of space and the beds were so comfy!!!! We wake up the next morning and breakfast was amazing as well!! All the food was fresh and tasted great. The whole staff was amazing and I would like to personally thank Joel for the wonderful service you gave to us! I will be staying here when I come to the area!!

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us. We greatly appreciate your feedback and your appreciation has been passed on to Joel. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I spend about 75% of the year staying in hotels and this is by far one of the best I have stayed in. I never post reviews about the hotels I stay in but I have never experienced service like this outside of a full service hotel. I arrived without a reservation and was greeted by the General Manager, Tim Ford. It is easy to understand why this hotel is so great because it starts with the manager. I was only there for two nights but I swear Tim was there from early in the morning till late at night and always in the lobby or front desk area. I have never seen a General Manager that accessable to his guests. Not only that but everytime he saw me he remembered my name. What was even more impressive was that he seemed to remember every guests' name as did the other employees. The check in process at this hotel is awesome, not only did he tell me all about the hotel, but he offered to set up a wake up call and even to print directions for me. These may seem like simple things but the fact that it was offered before I even asked was fantastic. The rooms are spacious and very clean, the housekeeping team does a very thorough job here. There were some wear and tear issues that I noticed throughout the hotel but nothing that would keep me from staying here again. The bed was easily one of the most comfortable I have slept in. In the morning they offer a great breakfast with a large selection of cold and hot food. I was greeted by Joel who was absolutely the highlight of the breakfast experience. Like Tim, even though he was working extremely long hours he was always smiling and eager to assist. Joel takes an amazing amount of pride in his breakfast and went out of his way to make sure that each guest that came down enjoyed their meal. At check out the service level continued and was so impressed that I was asked if there was anything that they could do better. Although i could not think of anything they could improve on I really appreciated their committment to providing great service. My only disappointment is that I don't have cause to frequent Plano, but when I am in Plano I will only stay here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
tdfor099, General Manager at Comfort Suites Plano, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Thank you for your very kind words, it was certainly a pleasure taking care of you while you were in town. Thank you also for your review of Joel and the breakfast area, It is always appreciated when we hear from our guests, especially when we were able to exceed their expectations. We hope to have you back in Plano again in the near future.
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

The hotel staff were friendly and check in was pretty quick. It seemed like every time I went through the lobby the desk person was outside smoking, but I didn't have to wait long for them when I needed something. There is only one elevator on the property and it was extremely slow. The room was clean and maintained a comfortable temperature. The bed / pillow were comfortable. There were some of the channels on the cable that were not working properly, but I didn't get to spend very much time in the room anyway, so in my case it was not that big of an issue. I typically get a 2:00 check out when needed due to being a choice privileges member, but the man at the desk said they were understaffed so it would have to be 1:00. Breakfast was ok. The area seemed safe. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
tdfor099, General Manager at Comfort Suites Plano, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Thank you for your review of your recent stay, and for letting us know of the challenges you experienced. We are working to correct the TV issues you were experienceing. Once again thank you for your feedback, it is such a valuable tool for us to ensure we are constantly improving our guests' experience.
waco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay here. The rooms were nice and clean. The only gripe I had was the gap on the floor as you got on the elevator. It would be really easy to trip and fall. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2011

Been to Comfort Suites Plano? Share your experiences!