“A hotel that just wants to get your money.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Southfork Hotel

You added Southfork Hotel to your Saves list
Southfork Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1600 North Central Expressway, Plano, TX 75074 (Formerly Harvey Hotel)   |
Ranked #13 of 39 Hotels in Plano
“A hotel that just wants to get your money.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were very excited to be staying in southfork hotel for the last night of our honeymoon, but unfortunately was very disappointed in everything. The only nice thing I can say about the hotel was the tour package. We LOVED the tour! The hotel, however, was hot and muggy. When we checked in they told us that we wouldn't be able to check in because we are under 21 even though we had talked to the manager on the phone already. Then when we got to the room my key card wasn't working. My husband's card worked though. Then we walked into our room to find alcohol empty containers on top of the entertainment center. That was really upsetting. Then to top everything off when they say continental breakfast it really means breakfast for a twig. They have eggs, sausage and waffles available for an extra $4.95 a person. I was really disappointed that they were going to charge us $10 a day for a freaking microwave. The hotel we had been staying at was a lot better quality, customer service and overall appeal than this one and we had only paid $49 a night for it! I don't recommend to this hotel to anyone unless you are looking for a hotel that is going to be rude, make you feel like you owe them something and/or try to get your money. But I guess that's the J.R Ewing way.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Stoughton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

The hotel was very affordable and clean. They had very soft sheets that were so snugly. Air conditioning worked very well. The continental breakfast included was great but for only $5 you could upgrade to omelet made to order, waffles shaped like Texas and meat. Would stay here again. Also a very nice pool area. Very helpful staff when we needed to use the business center. Also free wifi was great!

Green Features: They gad signs for optional sheets and towel laundering.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

I stay at this hotel weekly. I have nothing but high marks for the service and the professional and courteous staff. The hotel is comfortable with all the amenities I require. Also a bargain when you consider the perks afforded via the "Star Rewards' program. Upgraded rooms with full breakfast make this hotel very attractive.

Room Tip: Every room here is quiet but you can't beat the suites for comfort!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Minneola, KS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel.
It was interesting to see all the photos, etc. from the t.v. show.
I believe they have a shuttle or can provide transportation in some way out to the actual South Fork Ranch but we have already been there so we didn't do that.
The beds were comfy, however - I think we had 2 double beds and it may have said that but I had it in my head we were getting 2 queen beds.
I did kill a bug but I think it was a water bug......damn and humid in Dallas area!! I'm not afraid of a little water bug!!
The shower had great pressure but the faucets and shower head could use an upgrade.
All in all for the price of the room for 3 of us and the breakfast buffet,....it was a good experience.
NOTE: I hardly ever give a place EXCELLENT!!

Room Tip: We had an end room, right by the door on the ground floor so it was very convenient as we had family...
Green Features: Good,.....We usually try to recycle towels, etc. so it was not a problem and I totally understand the need for it. I did not take any photos, sorry
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

A family member found this hotel for me through Priceline.

Service was good, right from check-in. Staff were polite and respectful. Some extended family members were helping with a wedding, so their rooms had stacks of bulk-packaged drinks, constant traffic in and out of rooms, people organizing reception favors, etc, etc. The cleaning staff were very accommodating.

This hotel has many rooms near outside doors, so it is easy to park close to your room.

The rooms were basic, yet clean. All the amenities worked and we found the beds comfortable. I noticed that other rooms had bigger TVs or slightly modernized furniture, so at the time there was a noticeable disparity amongst some rooms.

The pool was a bit small, but easy to supervise little ones. Rooms with direct access to the pool were not over-priced...though perhaps that's because we used Priceline.

The noise from highway 75 did not bother me like I expected, and many convenient stores and restaurants were found within a 5-10 minute drive, including In-and-Out Burger, Guitar Center, Barnes & Noble, Collin Creek Mall, Allen Premium Outlet mall and some great Mexican (or Tex-Mex?) establishments. The hotel was just minutes from our wedding site, Event 1013. For us, the convenient location was the best part.

Room Tip: Perhaps try to get a room at the back or side of the building, where there is more parking and a bit...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

Lola helped us with whatever we needed. She make my family feel like we were home. The hotel pool was very nice and clean. I loved the breakfast bar. The rooms were very clean. I would definitely come back and stay. I will also recommend people to say there whenever the are in Plano. I would also recommend going to the south fork ranch. It was so much fun for the kids to see the cows and horses.

• Stayed May 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very beautiful inside and out! My family and I came to stay and Lola was very helpful. She gave great directions and told us about delicious places to eat at. Great driver may I add. My family and I are excited to come back and stay!

• Stayed May 2014

Been to Southfork Hotel? Share your experiences!