“Nice place but far from ideal” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #16 of 39 Hotels in Plano
Washington DC
“Nice place but far from ideal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2009

The tragedy of Aloft is that it is just away from a great location. The hotel is situated across the highway from Legacy Town Center, and the only way to reach the place is 3 right turns... The Marriott and other hotels are located in the town center and walking distance to many shops... so kinda sux to stay here.. and you need a car to go anywhere.. I would strongly recommend not living here, but living at the similarly places hotels in the town center itself.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
aloftplano, General Manager at aloft Plano, responded to this review, October 12, 2009
Thank you for your review of your recent stay! We appriciate all feedback. While our location is not in the mix of The Shops at Legacy, we are very close (less than a mile), and have great access on and off the tollway to take you where you want to go.

Also, if you are going to the Shops at Legacy for dinner, or just to browse simply stop by our Aloha Desk and pre-arrange our hotel shuttle to drop you off and pick you up.

Our goal is to make your stay easy-breezy and an A+ experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

We were very happy with our stay on a weekend night. We could check in by ourselves through a computer in the lobby, and could even change the room (although we booked via priceline). Could not be happier with the place - very modern, efficient and well laid out rooms. They had brought us the crib and it has never been used before, so it was perfect. Free water was nice in the room, plus the big LCD TV. Location was perfect for us, too, but it might be out of the way for some Dallas visitors.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

I was amazed to find such a trendy hotel with such great amenities for such a reasonable price. Last time I was in Plano I paid 125+ for a less then impressive room at the Courtyard which is right across the highway from aLoft. My room at Hotel aLoft was $85 and was much nicer.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Salt Lake City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2009

I have stayed at a lot of different hotels that try to get the cool, hip, clean look with an "oasis" style lobby (think Hyatt Place & Marriott Fairfield Inn). Aloft gets it right! I stay here monthly for business trips and I wouldn't stay anywhere else in the area. You do need a car unless you like hiking in Texas heat as the Plano shopping area (Legacy) is across the highway about a mile up.The bar is great and Jeremy, the bartender, is always accommodating. The staff is always very nice. Love the clean layout of the room. Looking forward to my next visit!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
n.e.ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2009

I was staying at the Marriott across the street for same price (but they had really nice breakfast buffet included) Their pool wasnt yet open for the season- We are from Ohio and figured swimming was a must for our only get away of the year. Anyway, we called Aloft and they gave us the same rate and had a heated pool so away we went. Aloft is very contemporary -my neices and nephew loved it - very Euro. The place is very modern in feel and yet comfy to sleep and clean up in. Unfortunately the weather didnt accomodate for swimming but Im glad we stayed here for the diff vibe. All that said, if you need a toothbrush your gonna pay for it- but if I had a pet w/me it would get complimentary kibble and stuff- My grown kids will love these places. I guess i will stay w/ Marriott's in future- I like all their amenities for same price.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2009

I agree with all the review written. Great, small hotel, very cool with a singles 20s-30s vibe. Very clean. The rooms are small, but the layout makes the most of the space and it doesn't feel small. The girl at the check in desk was really friendly and outgoing. I have two complaints, the first of which I also read about in another review. You have to be sure to point the shower head away from the shower door, otherwise water gets all over the floor. Also, there was some kind of really loud light-buzzing sound when we were trying to sleep that was annoying. Not sure if it was the outside streetlights or perhaps the flourescent lights on the outside of the hotel building. Plus, they have the old hotel room type air conditioners, the big below-the-window types. It was really loud, especially when it kicked on. I put my ear plugs in after it woke me up 3 times.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Edina, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2009

definitely one of the better places: great friendly service, cool bar, and I liked the breakfast approach. Rooms were very nice too.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business

Been to aloft Plano? Share your experiences!