“Beware of Hidden Fees” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 39 Hotels in Plano
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Beware of Hidden Fees”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I recently booked this hotel on a special $75 rate on the day of my overnight stay while passing through the Dallas area. I generally enjoy staying at alofts due to their predictability and comfort.

I had my two small dogs on this trip. Upon arrival, they alerted me that I had to pay an extra $25 because I had 2 dogs (or probably because I had such a cheap rate). No additional service or amenity was rendered due to me having 1 dog versus 2 dogs - I didn't even receive the pet welcome kit. Don't get me wrong - $100 is still a good rate for the room. I just don't like being surprised with additional fees. Their website has no mention of additional fees for a second dog and I've never encountered this additional charge at other alofts.

Otherwise the room was comfortable as is usual for aloft. The Plano area is nice with plenty to offer.

Room Tip: If traveling with more than one dog at this location, bring them in through a back door or separatel...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Diana I, Manager at aloft Plano, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you for the nice review. I apologize we were not able to give you the FULL A+ Experience we promise all of our guests. We are working very closely with our staff to ensure we don't miss a single step in making your stay a memorable. We hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Booked two nights for a family getaway through Priceline. The Negotiator failed me after years of success. This hotel had a nice and courteous staff. But the style was unpleasant. My college dorm room was the same size as the bedroom area. The only seating was a bench seat under the wall mounted tv. I hit my head on it as I tried to sit on the bench benefit it. The bed was lumpy and very uncomfortable. The office chair was in no way comfortable for logging into work while I was there. The concept was a fail; but the staff was very great. Needless to say we left and stayed somewhere else after the first night.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Diana I, General Manager at aloft Plano, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that we were not the right fit for your stay away from home.
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I spent 2 nights at this aloft for a business trip in October and found it a very pleasing experience. All of the staff I had interactions with were very friendly and always smiled. The bar staff was fantastic and quite attentive even when the crowd started to swell. The hotel room itself was fantastic. I found the bed to be extremly comfortable, I loved the power station for all of my charging needs and the free wifi was a nice surprise. The room was clean and spotless when I arrived. I will definetly stay here again when I travel back to Plano. I highly recommend this aloft!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Nothing is better than letting us know you will be back in the future! We are glad we were able to make a lasting impression on you. Thank you very much for the fantastic review. Come see us again soon!
White Plains, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

When I called the hotel to check availability and price for an additional day, I was told they offer shuttle service to the DFW airport. THEY DO NOT. $70.00 cab ride..They have a van to shuttle you around locally, BUT NOT ON WEEKENDS. $10.00 cab ride. The A/C is on the wrong wall and does not cool down the shower/vanity area. The lobby bar was the main attraction, nice looking, but only one bartender on a busy Friday.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
From all of us at aloft Plano, I would like to sincerely apologize for the experience you had with us. We are working very closely with our staff to extend an unprecedented amount of service and communication. We hope you will give us another chance in the future.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

My husband and I stay at alofts quite often as he travels for work. This location was not disappointing. The hotel was clean and the staff very friendly.Though it was very full, we were not bothered by noise of any kind while staying on the first floor. This is a great location, close to quality restaurants, shopping, and parks. We enjoy the modern decor and comfortable amenities that are a brand standard of aloft. Great value for anyone who does not require complimentary breakfast or valet-type service. Our only complaint is that we are Starwood Preferred Guest Members and, if you do not remind them at check-in, it can be frustrating to receive your points.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the incredible review! Nothing is better than when everything seems to work perfectly, and that is what we are here for! We hope to see you again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Low end, modern, clean and basic hotel. WiFII works well. Shuttle service (free) works well too and balances the fact that it is located in the middle of nowhere. You can't walk anywhere from it. So its a good choice for short business trips. No restaurant.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Diana I, General Manager at aloft Plano, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for the nice 4 star review! It is good to see that our amenities were able to make your stay an easy one. Next time you are here, make sure you get the full aloft experience by visiting our XYZ Bar our blow off some steam in our 24/7 Re:Charge fitness facility!
bethany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Booked four months in advance then didnt the room we booked and they acted like " it's not my problem " dirty sheets , people bumbing money in the parking lot ( scary ) ! pool had not been cleaned in a long time bugs all in and on top of the water !! service was rude and unfriendly ! will never stay there again

Room Tip: dont stay there
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Diana I, General Manager at aloft Plano, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
From all of us at aloft Plano, I would like to sincerely apologize for your experience you had with us. It is our goal to make sure all of our guests have an A+ Experience and it is unfortunate that we were not able to do this for you. If there is any way you could give us a second chance, we will not disappoint you. Thank you for the feedback.

Been to aloft Plano? Share your experiences!