“Convenient hotel in NW Plano” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #17 of 37 hotels in Plano
Houston, Texas
“Convenient hotel in NW Plano”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

ALoft is a smaller version of the W Hotel chain. The atmosphere is definitely European and youthful. The hotel staff is very pleasant and accommodating. The rooms are comfortable. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Diana I, Manager at aloft Plano, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for sharing your aloft experience with us! I am happy to know that you enjoyed the unique atmosphere at our hotel. We pride ourselves on exceptional customer service and I am thrilled to hear the staff took good care of you. We look forward to having you stay with us soon!

160 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
San Diego
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Staff was great, rooms were clean and modern. The pool was tiny and no hot tub. The location is a bit out in the middle of nowhere - you definitely would need a car/cab to get anywhere. We had a dog with us and I appreciated their dog friendliness very much (bed, bowls, etc.).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Diana I, Manager at aloft Plano, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. I am pleased to hear that the staff was good to you and you were able to take advantage of our pet amenities! While only a short distance to the shops, transportation is indeed recommended. However, we would love to offer you a lift in our complimentary shuttle Monday-Friday from 6am-9pm. We also have taxis and private town cars on call to ensure that even without a vehicle, our guests can reach their destinations! We appreciate that you chose to stay with us. Come back soon!
Oklahoma City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Aloft was beyond incredible. We decided to go on a spontaneous road trip and called on the way to the hotel. Bre took our reservation and was efficient and helpful. When we got there, check-in went so seamlessly that we were up in the room in 5 minutes. So many times hotel try too hard to overemphasize the modern design and it can be obnoxious. Keep in mind it's minimalist without cutting corners.

The room is so relaxing although it's small. There isn't a much seating area in the room, except under the TV which somewhat defeats the purpose. The bed is the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on, I would seriously buy one. The bedding is all white and provides a clean, chic and updated look to the room. The pillows and sheets were so soft and smelled clean and fresh, not like bleach like other hotels.

What I loved about Aloft was their attention to detail. The shower is spectacularly relaxing with enough water pressure to feel clean, but doesn't leave your skin like its been power-washed and hurting. Inside the shower they provide shampoo/conditioner and body wash push dispensers in case you forget your own shampoo, like I did. Being somewhat of a germaphobe I looked to make sure the dispensers required key access in order for them to be filled, they did.

Aloft focuses on a green approach to their hotel and for every consecutive night you stay and choose not to have the maid come in and change the sheets you've slept on, you receive a $5 voucher to use in their downstairs lobby for quick snacks and drinks. When we were leaving, we were surprised the coffee was free and fresh.

The staff was so accommodating and helpful during our two-night stay. I forgot my iPhone charger back home and when I asked the front desk to check if there was a spare charger, the man walked to the back to look for me. When he came out, he said he couldn't find anything and apologized. The mere fact her took the time to get up and look was enough for me, no apology needed for great service.

Finally, the location is superb. The Shops at Legacy and other semi-upscale shopping are only about a three-minute drive. Stonebriar Mall is also very close to the hotel. Overall, I don't think I'll stay in another hotel when I'm back visiting my Dallas friends.

Room Tip: Room 331 was a very relaxing and quiet room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Diana I, General Manager at aloft Plano, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
It is very much appreciated that you took the time to write this incredible review, highlighting both our staff and property! I have passed your compliments on to the team and they are thrilled that you had such an incredible stay. Your positive feedback is inspiring and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. Happy travels!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

My teenagers have been begging to stay in an Aloft since they first saw one in our hometown. Very modern in appearance.
This location is good for north Dallas shopping and convenient to shoot down the tollway to the Galleria. The room was basic but had modern feel.

• Stayed September 2012
Diana I, Manager at aloft Plano, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you so much for the review and please thank your teenagers for recommending us! I am happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our location to do some shopping. We would love to welcome you back in the near future, see us again soon!
Shreveport, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I would have rated this 5 stars, except we only stayed one night (barely even 12 hours), so we really didn't have time to evaluate the full offerings of this hotel (maid service, pool, etc). It was modern yet comfortable and stylish with a really cool vibe. My husband and I stayed in a king room, and there was plenty of space for both of us. The flat screen mounted on the wall and the large walk-in shower were great pluses, and there was even a desk and mini-fridge. The room was a little warm, and the a/c unit was a little loud, but it ended up being white noise to drown out the highway noise. Next time I will use the automated check-in computer in the lobby as I had to wait behind 2 other guests for check-in.

I would definitely stay there again, hopefully longer next time!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Diana I, Manager at aloft Plano, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. I am happy to hear you enjoyed some of the amenities that we offer. I also appreciate your feedback on the A/C and your check-in experience as it helps me to target areas of improvement to better our service. See us again soon! Our team would love to welcome you back for a longer stay!
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed at Aloft Plano on a friday, checkin was a breeze and we were up in our room in no time. Both night and day receptionist were great. Good concept if you ask me, i liked layout of the room though on the small side. AC was very good, kept our room really cold that i had to dial it up a bit. Bed was comfortable, and we slept great.

Got some breakfast in the morning, its was ok. A bit high on the hot breakfast items but thats to be expected, staff was friendly.

Hotel is right across the shops at legacy, and very close to tollway 121.

This was our first time at an Aloft and we enjoyed it. Definitely be back here again.

Room Tip: hallways are very long, ask for a room near or close to the elevators
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Diana I, Manager at aloft Plano, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank for the five-star review! Many travelers utilize reviews to assist them with their lodging needs and it is greatly appreciated that you took the time to share your experience. I love to hear that you had an easy, breezy, check-in experience, and will pass on your compliments to the staff. Visit us again soon!
Chesterfield, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

THe modern polished concrete may not appeal to everyone, but I real like the feel of this hotel. Very modern with a retro touch. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The bar is a nice place to get a late night drink and talk. The food area is grab and go with a lot of choices.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Diana I, Manager at aloft Plano, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Your loyalty to Aloft Plano is greatly appreciated. I realize that you have many choices in lodging and love the fact that you chose to stay with us. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. Our staff looks forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Been to aloft Plano? Share your experiences!