“Good location to hospital but questionable management” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #12 of 37 hotels in Plano
Denver, Colorado
“Good location to hospital but questionable management”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights while on business. The hotel was clean and in overall good repair. The second rooms bathtub had been reglazed in a DIY way, and some paint in the bathroom was peeling, but overall OK. The staff also were nice and reasonably friendly.

The problem lies in that while I was at work the second day, the management allowed a 3rd party carpet cleaning company to clean the carpeting in my room. Not only was I upset that "strangers" were allowed in my room while I was gone without my consent, but the chemicals they used were so strong I couldn't even sleep there when I returned. I returned to my room at 9:30pm with the plan of eating my carry in dinner and going to sleep. Unfortunately all those simple plans were discarded because first I had to make my complaint to the front desk, then they had to find me a room that hadn't been cleaned, and then I had to pack my belongings and move to the other room. When I asked why they would let a 3rd party company into an occupied room the excuse was," there were 8 rooms that couldn't be cleaned from the week before". The carpet cleaners had come back especially to clean these 8 rooms. Why didn't someone at least warn me or just don't clean the occupied room. BAD decision on management's part.

I have plans to return to Plano many more times this year. I really don't know if I would stay at this property again. It was a huge inconvenience, and I was not compensated in any way for my time or having been HUGELY INCONVENIENCED right before bedtime.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Mgolish,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. Please accept my apology for the inconvenience of the carpet cleaning. We should have notified you ahead of time and for that I am very sorry. We hope you give us a chance to make things right and try the Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano again next time you find yourself in the area.

Arthur M.
Property Manager

100 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Room is average with a decent indoor pool. Staff is nice and friendly. Is within walking distance of the Baylor heart hospital. I would recommend not getting a room next to the elevators as they are quite loud.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Smorenzens,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Plano and the kind words about our staff. I'm glad you were able to enjoy our pool. I'm sorry if the elevator was loud. On future stays, we will be more than happy to place you away from it to avoid any noise. We look forward to your next visit.

Arthur M.
Manager
Clovis, NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Typical clean Fairfield. Spotless bathroom and hotel room, comfortable bed, eggs and sausage for breakfast as well as toast, cereal, oatmeal, microwave sausage biscuits, etc. Efficient staff.
Excellent property, will stay there again. Only a few blocks to the George Bush Expressway. West of old downtown Plano.

Room Tip: All rooms are fine. Noise not a problem.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Macomb, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Nice and clean facility, reasonably priced with a simple but decent hot and continental breakfast. Right next door to the Balor Regional medical Facility (Plano). There were a number of people staying there with loved ones inthe hospital. The hotel caters to them. Felt kinda bad that the hotel was full and people with folks in the hospital were looking for rooms. This hotel wasn't very close to my work, so I probably won't be back, but if you had someone in Baylor and neede a nearby room for few overnights and a good breakfast in the morning, I would recommend going here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Yukon, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

The double beds and pillows are very uncomfortable, I will give part of blame to my company because they want to save money so they book doubles beds instead of king size beds. The good news is they do serve breakfast early and it is pretty good.

I have stayed all over the nation and never had my personal or work vehicle broken into until I stayed at this hotel. My vehicle was parked near front door of Fairfield, in front facing the La Quinta next door. The theives may have gotten scared off because they only stole a few things. They plano police came and fingerprinted but with no security cams and how common break ins are in this area, they say the chances are they will not be caught. If you decide to stay part with vehicle up against hotel near front door.

Room Tip: Park near the front door to prevent break inns.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
PlanoFFS_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
I really appreciate you posting your comments about your stay. I was disappointed to hear that you found our beds to be uncomfortable. They were brand new the beginning of May of this year but I know everyone has their preferences about bed types. We have had many very nice comments about the new beds but I regret you found them uncomfortable. I am also very sorry to hear of the breakin to your vehicle. I want to assure you that this is not a regular occurance at this hotel. I have only had one similar occurance and that was almost a year ago. We do our best to make sure that our guests vehicles are safe but we ask guests to put any important items in their trunk or somewhere out of sight to help us all prevent theft. Again I apologize that it happened at all.
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We normally stay in Hampton Inns but stayed at this hotel as part of a wedding block. On the plus side - the hotel is very clean, safe, well lit and nicely updated, with ample parking and in a good location with a cheap price. On the negative side - the breakfast area was way too small to accommodate the number or guests, the breakfast selections are nowhere as nice as what is offered at the Hampton, and the elevator could not seem to handle the demand of a full hotel, forcing us to take the stairs most of the time. In addition, the pool area was closed for 24 hours - quite a disappointment to my kids who were looking forward to swimming over the holiday weekend! On future trips, I would rather spend the $10 more and stay at a nicer hotel with better features for travelers.

Room Tip: I'd recommend a third floor room as then you will not hear the noise from people above you.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
PlanoFFS_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thanks so much for sharing your comments about your stay. I'm pleased that there were many aspects of the hotel that you found pleasing. I was disappointed that you weren't totally happy with your stay. It is true that we were sold out that weekend due to sports teams staying with us and the breakfast area was very busy. It also made for a busy elevator and a noiser than normal hotel. I do apologize if it created an inconvenience but we honestly did our best to make for a pleasant experience for everyone. The pool was closed on Saturday night as a precaution as guests compained of their eyes burning due to chlorine fumes. The pool was tested and found to be fine and we reopened it on Sunday morning. We wanted the pool to be safe for our guests. Thanks again for your comments and I apologize for any inconveniences that were caused.
Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

This Fairfield Inn and Suites was conveniently located and easy to find. The hotel is clean and staff was friendly. The indoor pool and hot tub were fun and the kids had a great time! The room and bathroom were clean and the decor was nice. Bathrooms had adequate space. The mini-refridgerator came in handy. Breakfast was Ok. I would recommend this hotel to friends and family. The walls are a little thin, but I ran the AC unit most of the time during my stay so it wasn't a problem. Overall, good stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thanks so much for your kind remarks. It is our goal to provide a pleasant experience for all of our guests. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and the staff showed you the type of Marriott customer service you expect at a Marriott property! I'm very proud of all the hotel offers and hope when you are in the area in the future you'll come back and stay with us again! Thanks again for sharing your comments!

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano? Share your experiences!