“Second visit to hotel, great stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #12 of 37 hotels in Plano
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Second visit to hotel, great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This hotel has been renovated since my last visit so it was a nice improvement over the last time we visited. Like other Fairfield Inns, this hotel provided great value for the price. The breakfast was good -- waffles, hot food items, yogurt, cereal, etc. -- the usual fare. It's conveniently located in Plano near restaurants and shopping. There's an IHOP you can walk to nearby. I'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

100 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We had to stay two nights in area for surgery. We found this hotel for a good price.
We were very pleased with:
Friendly efficient staff
Clean common areas
Clean room
Spacious room with comfy bed, plenty of towels, high quality toiletries

Many amenities, including…
Indoor pool/hot tub
Gym
FULL breakfast. Lots of choices...hot selections eggs, breakfast meat, waffles. As well as breads, yogurts, fruit, cereal and danish....coffees, teas, juice milk

In room fridge (medium size..held lots)
In room microwave
Conveniently located close to family friendly restaurants
Easy access to interstate.
Room service was EXCELLENT.

We will stay here again, for sure.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thanks so much for your very kind remarks. I certainly appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with other travelers. We are proud of the hotel and the service we provide. I'm pleased you enjoyed the breakfast so much and that you took advantage of our indoor pool and spa. I do hope next time you're in our area you will come back and stay with us again!

Thanks,
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano
Indianapolis, IN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Let me start with the good. The breakfast had excellent options for a hotel of this price point. The front desk/breakfast area staff was VERY warm and friendly, and my room was clean. Unfortunately, the good stops there. I arrived at 3:30pm for check in and was given room 327. I got settled in and had to conduct a tech support call on my cell phone. This room only had a hotel phone on the nightstand and not on the desk. So I had to set up my call on the bed, not optimal for multi-tasking on my laptop while on hold. While on the call, a man who I believe was the GM walked in to my locked (but not bolted) door, saw me, apologized and walked back out. A bad rain/wind storm kicked up and a howling noise was coming from my window When I went to check, my window was stuck about 2 inches open and would not close. So, rain was blowing in and it was quite noisy. I went to the front desk to ask for a maintenance man. The
young lady (who was VERY nice and helpful) working said they were aware of the broken window but no maintenance man was on property. She offered to come up and take a look. She and I returned to my room and both tried again to get it closed (I think it was off the track). We finally struggled together and got it closed and wiped up the rain that had blown in. Finally, when I plugged in my cell phone and laptop to charge on the desk lamp, they kept beeping as they lost and gained charging connection, so in the middle of the night, I had to find wall plugs for them. ANNOYING! I was a litel surprised that they would put me in a room with a broken window when I was not the last check in of the day. You woudl think they would save that for last, in case of a no show. It is a shame that the excellent staff and breakfast is overshadowed by the dilapidation of the hotel. I just don't feel these hotel rooms are well appointed for business travel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
PlanoFFS_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. You are correct that most of our guests have a great experience here and look forward to returning. It appears we didn't do a very good job taking care of you however and I'm so sorry to hear that. After reading your review it is clear we had some things that needed to be addresssed. I can assure you that all of the issues have been resolved and if you should choose to give us another chance you will find that your experience was very much the exception from the norm here. I am glad to hear the front desk and other staff treated you very well and you really enjoyed the complimentary breakfast each morning. Please contact me personally if I can be of further assistance.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I stay it Plano Fairfield Inn and Suites a lot. My company is out of Dallas and I live in Colorado. Plano Fairfield Inn and Suites offers a great advanced purchase rate that I take advantage of quite often. They are my go-to hotel in Dallas and have always done a great job. Keep the light on Plano Fairfield Inn and Suites, I’ll be back soon~

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thanks so much for your kind comments. We're pleased that you've enjoyed your stays with us. We try to make every guest experience a pleasant one! Please contact me if there is anything we can do to make your future visits even better!

Thanks again!
Colorado Springs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Staff was helpful, location was excellent for access to major highways, shopping and dining. Picked this location based on proximity to business as well as friends in Plano. Would definitely stay at this property again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
I enjoyed reading your kind comments. I am glad to hear that we were able to offer all that you needed to make your visit to Plano a successful one. I do hope that anytime business or pleasure brings you back to the area we will once again have the opportunity to have you stay with us.

Thanks again!
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

As always a decent hotel. Includes free breakfast and free wifi.
Staff was helpful and friendly.
The only negative was the noisey rooms. We could hear the guest above us walking and when he/she showered you could hear the water running loudly. For this reason I suggest getting a top floor room.
Overall: good. Not exceptional but good.

Room Tip: Firstly, become Marriott rewards memebers- you get better rooms and earn free nights. For this speci...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
PlanoFFS_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your recent stay. We welcome feedback from our guests, as it lets us know how we are doing. I was pleased to hear the staff was very friendly and provided you with the great customer service Marriott is known for. I was disappointed to hear about the noise level in the rooms. It was a very busy week with lots of families in for the holidays; I'm sorry the noise created was disruptive to your visit. I'm glad you found our complimentary high speed internet access in all of our guest rooms and public areas to be an advantage. We also get many compliments on our complimentary hot continental breakfast served each morning. I hope the next time you're in the Plano area you'll come and stay with us again. Thanks again for sharing your comments!

Mike Tilley General Manager
Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We were very impressed with this Fairfield Inn. All of the employees were extra friendly and helpful. The room was very nice and comfortable. The breakfast was delicious with lots of choices. The price was exceptional. We will definitely stay there again

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
PlanoFFS_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
It's always nice hearing from our guests and especially when they are comments as nice as yours! I think we have a great, friendly, and helpful staff here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites-Plano. We strive to give every guest great Marriott customer service. It looks like we did a good job with your visit. Our complimentary hot continental breakfast has received many nice comments for like you said the great variety and the great taste! We have dedicated hostesses each day to make sure your breakfast experience is a pleasant and nourishing one. I'm proud also of our housekeeping staff for providing our guests with clean and very comfortable rooms. It's a great quiet place to relax or get work done if that is your goal. We like to think the Fairfield Inn and Suites-Plano is the perfect place for all ocassions. Thanks again for sharing your comments and please come back and visit us again soon!

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano? Share your experiences!