“GREAT PLACE TO STAY” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 37 hotels in Plano
GRANBURY
“GREAT PLACE TO STAY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

This hotel was a great location. The staff of all departments were very friendly. The food and service was above wonderful. I loved the comfort of the beds and the room furniture was very nice and clean. The lobby was very homey and inviting. Loved the fireplace and breakfast area. Breakfast was hot.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

122 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

When the power went out at our house, we scrambled to find a Homewood Suites nearby and found this one was closest to our house. My husband had looked up the rate on his phone and it showed to be $89 for a one bedroom at the AARP rate. We had my 88 year old mother with us so we needed two rooms. When we got to the hotel, the person at the desk tried to bump up the rate to $129.00. I asked him about the AARP rate and he said he would change it and not to worry. Later on when we got on the internet, I looked up the rate and it was $89. I called down to the desk and they told me that they could not give me that rate and I would have to speak to the General Manager the next morning when he came in and that they would have him call me. The next morning he did not call so later in the morning, I called and they said he had been there but left and would not be in until Monday, two days later. I later found out that was a totally false statement.
The night before, I realized we would probably have to stay Saturday night too, so I booked another night on the internet at the Saturday night rate of $107.00 Craig, at the front desk said he could not change the rate, that only the GM could do that. When I asked for his number, he would not give it to me. My elderly mother was very upset over all this because she is on a fixed income. So she and I went down to the desk and after much arguement and seeing that I had booked a cheaper rate, Craig agreed to give us the $107 rate for the two nights. Our power came on late Saturday evening, so we decided to go home. When I called the next morning, they had no record that Craig saying he would give us $107, even though I had reserved one night at that amount and were going to charge us $125, which they told us was the AARP rate. (Look it up-tonight, Saturday night at almost midnight, it is $89) Desiree at the front desk, once I told her my story, offered to fix the rate and then called the GM. Ken, I think is the GM, called me back and finally got everything straightened out. Come to find out, they had also put a hold on my credit card for about $650 and mom's $400. The GM also took care of that as well.
So, not only were we totally stressed out for being without electricity for two days, but we had to deal with the hotel trying to overchange us and the frustration of getting that fixed. During the whole process, Craig was not nice at all. I have been a faithful HH member for 20 years and never had this kind of treatment. We had just stayed in a very nice Homewood Suites the weekend before in Fort Smith, AR when we went to see my husband's mother in a nursing home.
I have to say, this one is clean, though a bit dated. The hallways are dark and the layout is really strange with the elevators being in odd places. The rooms need new furniture. On Saturday night before we left to go home, there was a dog on the floor above us that barked. It was so loud, it was like he was in the room with us.
The cleaning staff and housekeeping were really great!
However, what could have been a nice stay was one of the most stressful times I have ever had in a hotel.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

We used this hotel when our power went out in the ice storm. We arrived to a roaring fire and free hot chocolate and coffee. This was great for 3 cold kids! The room was clean and spacious enough for us and the breakfast was terrific. Highly recommend for a family. The kitchen had all the tools needed IF we were cooking a meal!

USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Stayed here with my family during a multi-day power outage. Great hotel. Complimentary internet access. Nice televisions. Complimentary breakfast. Great location, close to George Bush Turnpike and just off Preston. Close to everything in Plano. Nice staff. Clean rooms. Would definitely stay at again!

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Comfortable, good value, uniform. I have stayed at other Homewood Suites with similar experiences. My only complaint was lax security. Homeless people can wander in and have breakfast. With that in mind, I am concerned about children being alone in such a situation.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Nacogdoches, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

This is my 2nd time in one month to stay at this hotel. Both times I was greeted warmly by the front desk personnel. I had no problems with the accommodations. Comfortable bed to sleep in, clean surroundings. I especially enjoyed the fire in the fireplace in the lobby. It was great. I will stay here again next time I travel to the Dallas area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

This is a very well maintained hotel, the staff are very efficient and friendly. My wife and I enjoyed it very much and although it was during the Thanksgiving holiday weekend, the staff were exceptional. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton North Dallas-Plano? Share your experiences!