“Plano Hotel” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 39 Hotels in Plano
Sugar Land, Texas
“Plano Hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

This is the second time we've stayed at this hotel; it's very utilitarian -- no bells and whistles. It was okay not great. Bed not very comfortable, breakfast was adequate, halls and public spaces were very hot -- heat turned on high even though it was moderate weather. Made reservations through Hotwire and then front desk personnel posted additional charge for getting room with king size bed and said I'd have to deal with Hotwire on this -- it was their responsiblity. Can't wait to get caught in ping-pong between Hotwire and the hotel. Fairfeld Inn across the parking lot is a lot better for about the same price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We like to stay in la Quinta when I travel for business because they do not charge for pets and usually no surprises. By far thus is the nicest I have stayed in. The rooms were tasteful and spacious. Staff was courteous. Breakfast was ok. Had hard boiled eggs and the usual pastry and waffles. Fruit needed to be fresher and could use biscuits and gravy for variety but that is minor. I would definitely recommend it and would stay again

• Stayed December 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

It was only for 2 nights but it was perfect. I was in town for a meeting at THE HEART HOSPITAL so the proximity was good. Most of the time we ended up just walking across the street rather than driving around all the parking lots. I had a king bed room and it was very spacious for little old me. The fridge and microwave were an added bonus. It was nice that I could swivel the tv out so I could see it while working at the desk. Wi-fi in the rooms was excellent. Breakfast was the usual continental fare of pastries, but there was also boiled eggs and a Texas-shaped waffle-maker! That was kinda neat =)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
tucson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

12/22/2012
We've been coming to La Quinta Inn in Plano for about 15 years because of the proximity to our daughter's house. We always go to other La Quinta's when traveling to build up our points, but there is a difference from the old ones to the new. Also big differences in how the place is managed. We have built up a relationship with Olga who has been with La Quinta for many years. I just love her and look forward to seeing her. She is so caring to all her guests. So each of us who visits she remembers all about us. It really is like coming "home". Some of the other staff I remember from past visits and they too do all they can to make your stay special. We get free rides by their shuttle bus to our Daughter's house so it relieves them of having to pick us up. The rooms are clean and the beds and blankets are perfect to make you really have a good nights sleep. I won't ever go anywhere else when staying in Dallas. Kudos to all the staff and especially Olga who really makes you like you are #1. Great job!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Alpharetta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My husband and I desired a safe, clean and efficient place to stay for four days that did not break our budget; and, we found it! We will certainly return for future visits. As other reviews have stated, this is a newer hotel in a great location. On a side note, if you unexpectedly experience a cardiac emergendy one is next door to a Baylor medical facility; however, we did not hear one ambulance siren. We are non-smokers and had requested online, a top level floor, smoke-free room in a quiet area. Our request was honored. The included breakfast was suitable for various taste buds: hard boiled eggs, variety of cereals, yogurt and then there were waffles (self-made). Much to my concern, my husband, whom I've been trying to influence with better eating habits, indulged on the waffles, daily. I do wish there had been skim milk and low-fat yogurt...but I can't complain. Overall, this hotel met all of our needs. Our in-room refrigerator allowed us to stock our other cravings. When I requested to buy one stamp to mail a letter, the front desk clerk gave me one at no charge. I was delighted.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Plano West? Share your experiences!