“Good consistent service...can count on Residence Inns.” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #6 of 39 Hotels in Plano
GreenLeadersBronze level
Alexandria, Virginia
“Good consistent service...can count on Residence Inns.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We were just in town one night and wanted to meet friends in the area and this hotel is located near a lot of good places to eat and shop, so it was perfect for us. Because we have Marriott Rewards membership they upgraded us to a suite for no extra charge which was nice. Marriott is pretty nice to its members in my experience.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2015

The residence inn never disappoints me overall. This one was pretty good compared to other Residence Inns. I stayed with my daughter and her one year old and four year old for ten days. I kept the kids while she worked 10 hour days. There were several indoor and outdoor play spaces to take the kids nearby. The property was clean inside and out and the service was very good. (Some are more elegant with nicer furniture) Breakfast has plenty of choices for healthy or other foods. The rooms are spacious and the kitchen has almost everything you need to take care of some of the other family meals. The oven had something (looked like plastic tray) burned up inside so we weren’t able to use it. Someone finally came to “fix” it six days later when we sent in a request. There were little inconveniences like the soap powder they sell at the front desk for laundry does NOT dissolve in warm water in their washing machines. There were clumps of soap powder among the clothes even after rinsing and spinning. Also the room was not ready when we arrived from the airport over two hours after standard check in time. As with our previous experience, the front desk implies we can request cleaning on a specific schedule but the crew is almost always off by SEVERAL hours but we decided to adjust to them after several requests seemed to go unheeded.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Milwaukee WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2015

Family of four (kids under 18) stayed at this property over the Christmas holidays for ten nights. The property was clean and well maintained. The only complaint was housekeeping. We repeated had to ask for extra towels and new shampoo and conditioner...daily! You'd think that they would replenish shampoo and conditioner, and replace the same number of towels that they took away. Seems like either housekeeping needed to be better trained or maybe they just didn't want to be there.The breakfast area was overwhelmed on several occasions. Staff was not able to keep up with food management and cleaning the area. Perhaps the hotel needs to better staff over the holidays. Other than that, everyone was friendly and the location is ideal. Although it is on a busy street, the rooms are set back far enough that traffic noise is not a concern.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Jayne W, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Dallas Plano, responded to this review, January 14, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. We are glad that you enjoyed the amenities we offer, and had the chance to experience our newly renovated guest rooms. As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. Please be assured that we are taking immediate corrective steps to avoid such problems in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2014

This was a surprisingly comfortable and clean hotel and a great price in a great area. Shopping around here is fantastic. Room was huge. Tv swiveled from the living room area to the bedroom area. Which was great. They will even go grocery shopping for you. Staff was very friendly. Parking very easy. Overall great stay and I will stay here again.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2014

To be completely honest I give them a five because of their front desk staff. The hotel is in need of updates but it is always clean. The front desk always wants you to be happy and comfortable. I returned after being away for over 2 months and most of the staff remembered my name. When you travel full time it is nice to return to a place with friendly faces.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Oxford, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2014

I recently stayed at the Residence Inn, Plano. The girls at the desk were very friendly, they showed me to my room and helped me find someplace to eat after my long trip. The room was clean and comfortable, it had a nice size kitchenette, a large T.V. and a nice desk that I used for work. They also served a very nice continental breakfast. There was something for everyone.The Residence Inn is conveniently located to the airport, about a 30 minute commute, shopping and a nice mall. I will definitely be staying there again. Thanks again for a nice stay!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2014

I stay here when I come to get or see my daughter. I like Marriott and I like Residence Inn. This is a solid unpretentious hotel. I get burned out staying in hotels and this is a solid substitute for home. They are brilliant having the gym away from the sleeping quarters.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Residence Inn Dallas Plano? Share your experiences!