“A Safari” 3 of 5 stars

Type: Nature/ Wildlife Areas, Ranch & Farm
Fort Worth, Texas
“A Safari”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My Daughter and I went to Sharkarosa Ranch this past weekend. I thought it might be too "little kiddish" for her as she is 14, but we actually had a good time. The ranch is a non-profit ranch licensed and regulated by the USDA. This 126 acre educational park offers field trips, private tours, and is open to the public Saturdays and Sundays and rental for events March through November. They offer a Safari Tram, bucket train rides & outdoor dining areas, as well as a concession stand and small restaurant. We loved the tram - it was great to be able to get up close to the animals and pet them. My daughter liked the camels the most. There is a petting zoo, several types of lemurs, and three kangaroo habitats. We enjoyed the animal talk at the kangaroo habitat, and afterwards, they brought a joey out for us to see up close and pet her toes.
This would be a great place for kids 5-9, and for those older kids, if is a nice couple of hours. It is small, but overall, a very nice place to spend time with your kids.

Visited April 2013

16 attraction reviews
“Value for money but not too many animals.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

I read some very interesting reviews, so I thought of going there for a visit. I stay in dallas and I don't think it was worth driving so far just to see:
1. Bear (2)
2. Horses
3. A few Zebras, two cross horse and zebra
4. Few South American spitting camels. Looked like lama.
5. Two big birds, small kangaroos, some monkeys
6. Finally only a few maybe 5-6 animals to play with.
I thnk it maybe good for kids but I did not enjoy much.
Staff was very friendly and knowledgeable.
Bottom line, go, if you stay nearby or have some little kids.

Visited July 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
11 attraction reviews
“We had an amazing family day - highly recommend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

The staff was super friendly, the park was just what we expected. We had a great afternoon, spending 4 hours there taking the tour and seeing a few of the shows. My kids, ages 7 and 9 LOVED it and we can't wait to go back. I could ride the tram for hours; it was really great seeing and petting all of the large animals.

I recommend sunscreen and bottled water for your day, as well as hand sanitizer/wet wipes if your kids love the petting zoo. Also, sunglasses are great since some of the trails are dusty. Buy food there - they have a great snack shack with good prices, as well as the quality food at the Bears Den restaurant.

Dallas, Texas
3 attraction reviews
“Get a groupon and dont ride the train”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Get a Groupon for this. Do not wait in a long line for the wildlife train ride. All you will see is the same animals that are in the main section, zebras, camels, horses, and some emus.
The Bear Den pizza place is pretty darn good and not too expensive. It also has a bar but no A/C.

Texas
“Great day trip for the family!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We went to Sharkarosa Ranch on Saturday and had a great time! Definitely get there when they open, and head straight for the safari/tram ride. We were able to get straight on and when we returned a long line had formed. This was so cool! The tram had fence type things to keep the animals out, and had buckets of food on the side. The first thing we saw were huge Clydesdales running alongside the tram! We saw a Zorse(Zebra horse), Zdonk(Zebra/donkey) which I'd never seen before. Most of the animals we were able to pet and the kids loved that! The tram driver/guide was funny and had the kids(& us) looking for different, fun things along the way. Saw Zebras named Spot & Dot, pot bellied pig named Bacon & her babies, Bacon bits & Sausage link. :) At the end of the safari ride there were camels. They were pretty funny animals.
Would definitely recommend getting the family picture taken with an animal(we did the snake). It's $20 for an 8x10 size, but then they email you the picture. She did a great job, and it'll probably be our Christmas pic! The kids loved it!
We brought a picnic lunch, and they have a lot of tables that are covered to eat at.
The only thing I didn't care for were there were port o potties, no bathrooms, which is why I give it 4 stars. I'm sure they use every penny to feed and care for the animals, but, UGHHH.
This was an hour from Ft worth and I've been recommending this place to everyone I know. Check out Groupon for 50% off coupons! Great day trip!