“Pharr far exceeds” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Pharr
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Pharr far exceeds”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

The staff friendly, hotel always clean and rooms get attention in the morning. It is located away from the crowded areas of McAllen but is a few minutes drive to get almost anywhere in the Rio Grande Valley. The lobby and the grounds are well groomed and is a sample of what you experience whenever you open the door to your room. They know how to do it and it shows.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Good location, clean, comfortable, safe rooms. The staff was very helpful, friendly and courteous. Love the waffles. Close to everything with easy access to the freeways. Used the business center to print boarding passes with no equipment problems.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

1. I had a reservation based on point redemption #80257946 for three nights (3-28-2013 to 3-31-2013). 2. I came to the hotel at 3pm for check in and told employee Lyssa [--] y had to change my stay to two nights leaving on 3-30-2013. 3. Lyssa [--] had to get help from another person (Ms. [--] told me later that the person's name is Phillip but did not tell me his last name since she said she did not know it) to make changes on the reservation dates. 4. Phillip tells me that there are no rooms available at the moment because they hadn't been cleaned up. 5. I got a luggage cart to get my luggage from the car to the hotel. 6. While I was outside, Philip told my wife that the room cleaning will take half an hour. 7. When I got back I complained to Phillip that if check in is at 3pm rooms should be ready at that time, demanding an immediate solution. 8. Phillip didn't apologize for the inconvenience, raised his voice and threatened to call the police since I was being disrespectful. 9. I told Philip that he could call anyone he wanted as long as I go to my room immediately. 10. Philip supposedly made a fake call (I suppose since Police never showed up) describing how I was dressed and saying that I was upset. 11. After that, he ordered me to get away from the registration counter until he had finished with other customers, which by the way, had arrived to the hotel after I did. 12. After the other customers left, I asked Phillip to, while my room was being cleaned, get my reservation dates changed as my room was being cleaned. In the meantime Philip had already removed his name tag. Likewise Lyssa [--] did not have a name tag either. 13. At 3:30 Lyssa [--] announced that that the room was ready, handed me two keys and a registration form with the original reservation dates which I refused to sign since I had told her that I could only stay for two nights. 14. Since Phillip hadn't showed up I asked Ms.[--] what his name was. She told me it was Philip that that she didn't know his last name (unbelievable!). 15. At 3:45 Phillip (is that his real name?) Showed up telling me that he couldn't solve the reservation and point redemption issue, handing me a printed sheet with my original reservation data and writing down a 1800 hhonors number for me to call to get the reservation and point redemption issues solved. 16. I called hhonors and they told me that once I had checked in they could do anything for redeeming points for three nights instead of two. 17. I asked to be transferred to customer service to put a complain on the hotel (this was when I talked to you). I am very upset for several reasons: A. Why aren't rooms ready at 3pm if that is checkin time? B. I lost points equivalent to one free night due to employee failure to follow internal procedures. C. What worries me most (it should worry Hilton more) is what is wrong with the hotel employees (Lyssa [--] and so called Phillip)??? How are you hiring people with this lack of education? They disrespect customers, give them orders, threaten to call the police, act as if they really did, cannot get their job done, yell at customers, etc. I hope to receive an apology for all this. In case I don't, this will be my last stay at any Hilton facility. Anyway, thank you for spending your time reading my email and making me feel like a real customer for the first time during this day.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Danbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I just don't know where to start. I was traveling on business and was staying here for two weeks. The staff couldn't be more accommodating. Went out of their way to be helpful. Room was clean and spacious. Bed was very comfortable. Hot water every time I showered. There just wasnt one problem. They truly put the guest first.. I enjoyed the fresh cookies every afternoon

Just a great stay...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Garland, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

It was very comfortable, clean and safe! Staff was extremely helpful. I would definitely stay here again. I left my card key in the room, and they were quick to give me a replacement after checking my ID, which I greatly appreciated! And, when the business center was being used, the desk clerk helped me print my boarding pass for my return flight. Everyone was very friendly, the rooms were very clean and the hotel was well maintained. Parking lot was well lit, and I never felt unsafe. Staff gave us restaurant recommendations that we enjoyed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Loved our 4 day stay at this Hampton Inn & Suites, nice helpful and friendly staff. A good breakfast in the morning. We enjoyed a wine/beer and soft drinks/snacks reception Tuesday thru Thursday.
A short drive to Mexico.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Hobart, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

The bedding was fantastic and everything was clean and new. Staff was friendly and helpful, breakfast was hot and tastefull. We will stay there again this month due to value and location. We like staying at the Hampton Inn and this is the closest one to Weslaco,TX. Staff assisted with directions and local maps.

Room Tip: This is the closest Hampton Inn to Weslaco, TX